Raith v Partick

Just heard that Lewis Vaughan has returned to the pitch today - so pleased for the lad.  To come back from 4 ACL injuries is just unbelievable.  I had one ACL/leg break myself 30 years back so I've got some idea of what's involved.  Brilliant news.  Hope it goes well for him!

Ok ,a string of key injuries,back ups that are hopelessly out of their depth and a team spirit and fight that seems flaccid  at best .Only four points off the boil, however,can we afford to wait until Holt,Tiff,Graham,Doc  et al are back and team turning the corner ? Methinks not ….big change needed now before we become lower table Dogmeat .

3 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Ok ,a string of key injuries,back ups that are hopelessly out of their depth and a team spirit and fight that seems flaccid  at best .Only four points off the boil, however,can we afford to wait until Holt,Tiff,Graham,Doc  et al are back and team turning the corner ? Methinks not ….big change needed now before we become lower table Dogmeat .

Having seen this particular tune the second half of last season, you ain’t whistling Dixie, m8!

1st half was class, great finish for the first and statues in the Thistle defence for the 2nd, clear and definite penalty which was well taken.

Never got out of 2nd gear in the 2nd half but didn't need to, Partick were really piss poor today, can see why that defence has shipped so many goals in recent games. 

All that said I still expect PT to be challenging for top spot come the final game of the season at San Starko, just hope we are up there with them.

My take on the game:

Thistle started well and dominated the first ten minutes; we scored with our first shot, a corker from Connolly. After that we played some good stuffwith Thistle fading. Connell's long throws are as good as corners and Connolly slammed in one from around six yards. Akinola then gave a way a penalty, having got away with a similar foul at Connolly's first goal.
Second half we sat back and Thistle dominated the whole half. I wouldn't have grudged them a goal. Standing ovation at Vaughan's return.
A win against Accies next week would make us serious top four candidates.