Raith v Partick

14 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Despite recent results Partick have been the strongest side in the league. How we do against them today will be the strongest indication yet of how we're progressing. 

I can't call this - a draw wouldn't be a disappointment.

A draw is always a disappointment. People don’t attend football hoping for draws. Our season is built on a win-lose-win-lose model and that  draw at Inverness has broken the system and created uncertainties.

C’mon Rovers, let’s get back to winning ways.

Edit: apart from that 2-2 draw with Ayr where there was a pitch invasion and that steward fell on his arse. That was excellent.

Edited by Scary Bear

Difficult one to call. After last nights results, the only way of us climbing the table is to win by 3+ goals I think. A win puts us within 2 points of the top, a loss for us puts Partick top again. I'm happier in the knowledge that Partick are possibly missing some of their better players but they're still a tough side. I'll call a 2-1 Raith win now, based on nothing but hope...

A draw is always a disappointment. People don’t attend football hoping for draws. Our season is built on a win-lose-win-lose model and that  draw at Inverness has broken the system and created uncertainties.

Edit: apart from that 2-2 draw with Ayr where there was a pitch invasion and that steward fell on his arse. That was excellent.

What about the 2-2 “win” at East end…?

23 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm happier in the knowledge that Partick are possibly missing some of their better players but they're still a tough side. 

We’re missing Holt, Docherty and Tiffoney - who are probably three of the four most important players in our squad.

Agree that this game feels like an indication of whether we can truly compete near the top of the league. 
Win and it will feel like we’re right back in it. Lose and we’ll probably still looking downwards contemplating a relegation battle. Draw and it’s still who knows

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

It depends on who we're playing and the circumstances. I think we're capable of winning and hope we do, but a draw will keep us within touching distance with so many home games upcoming.

48 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We’re missing Holt, Docherty and Tiffoney - who are probably three of the four most important players in our squad.

Potentially Lawless too. If Lawless is out I can’t see us getting anything here. No pace or creativity without him and Tiffoney.

Just now, Reid said:

Potentially Lawless too. If Lawless is out I can’t see us getting anything here. No pace or creativity without him and Tiffoney.

A win is somewhat diminished playing against weakened teams. ICT are the latest to publicise their injury list. However given that over the last three or four seasons we've hardly ever had a full squad to pick from, and with constant long term injuries to key players my sympathy is also somewhat diminished.

State of that lineup. No Brian graham, tiff, docherty and holt. I know bar graham these where all pretty much known but we have quite literally lost the spine of our best team. Add in cammy smith playing and I seriously fear the worst today. Would take a draw in a heart beat just to keep us in the mix with everyone.