Raith v Partick

This game feels like a big one. Win and we’ll be only a point behind Thistle and have put ourselves firmly in that group towards the top of the table. Remarkable given where we were only a few weeks ago. Won’t be easy no matter how poor Thistle are playing at the moment, but feel strangely optimistic. Not a comfortable feeling. 

20 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I wouldn't be rushing Tiffoney or Docherty back for this, leave them to get back to 100% rather than bring them back half-fit. If Lawless was only ill rather than injured there should be a reasonable chance he's available.

f**k knows what we do about the defence though, played 3 centre halves in defence and another defender in midfield last night and still looked wide open at times.

As much as I’d rather keep him at right back, I think McMillan to centre half with Muirhead is our best bet. Hodson to right back, and we can put Turner there again if we’re really needing to.

The lack of Docherty does mean that a (likely) midfield trio of Bannigan, Turner and McKinnon isn’t offering that defence much protection, but we’ll just need to make do I suppose. 

51 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

As much as I’d rather keep him at right back, I think McMillan to centre half with Muirhead is our best bet. Hodson to right back, and we can put Turner there again if we’re really needing to.

The lack of Docherty does mean that a (likely) midfield trio of Bannigan, Turner and McKinnon isn’t offering that defence much protection, but we’ll just need to make do I suppose. 

Hodson was okay in midfield. I'd keep him there depending on who is available and the formation.

Included in this Saturday's 52 page programme -

An interview with new assistant manager Colin Cameron,

A feature on Thistle's League Cup win, when Rovers were group opponents,

A full colour centre spread team photo,

A classic match in the 1980s recalled,

Plus all the usual stuff like the Manager's Column, Mascots, Quiz and Club news.

On sale in and around the ground.

3294200069.png

Edited by Specky Ginger

Muirhead and McMillan did OK first half v Queens, one poor goal conceded but think Hodson probably carries the can for that although not seen the replays. Our defence has only really gone to shit in the last 3 games once Akinola and/or Brownlie makes an appearance (although by all accounts Muirhead was having a nightmare against Aberdeen). Muirhead is a decent defender at this level when paired with a good CB like Holt but he's nowhere near good enough to carry Akinola or Brownlie. Has to be Muirhead and McMillan centre halves and Hodson RB. 

3 minutes ago, 9queens said:

When was the last time we won at Stark's Park?

Definitely a bogey ground

Could be top tomorrow night despite the recent calamitous form.

3-1 Raith

Raith's Head To Head Stats Against Any Team | Soccer Base

1 hour ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Does anyone know what the script is with the fiver tickets?  Just because me and my pal with a season ticket will arrive at different times since I'm coming straight from work, just wondering if we'd have to arrive at the same time to use it?

Pal orders ticket online,emails ticket to you,turn up when you want

Is that definitely the case?  Wasn't sure if the season ticket would have to be scanned at the time too?
It's a separate ticket that has, I assume, already been purchased. As long as he has the barcode to get scanned then its fine for you to enter separately.