Raith v Partick

Don't know what to make of this tie.  On one hand, Raith, who can only score goals from midfielders.  Partick, who got caned at home by Queens Park 4-0 in a very surprise result. Missed a penalty too.
Was the Partick result a fluke, bad day at the office or what?
Home game against tough opposition.  Think I will be happy with a draw.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Apparently the 7th miss of the last 13 in open play, what gives? Have they been looking for a taker, or what?

Going back 2/3 years, we’ve had Bannigan, Graham and Holt all taking penalties - obviously missing a load of them. And then on Saturday it was Muirhead’s turn; a guy with an exceptional record as a penalty taker throughout his career. Apparently he has fallen victim to the curse as well.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Going back 2/3 years, we’ve had Bannigan, Graham and Holt all taking penalties - obviously missing a load of them. And then on Saturday it was Muirhead’s turn; a guy with an exceptional record as a penalty taker throughout his career. Apparently he has fallen victim to the curse as well.

At least Muirhead had sent the keeper the wrong way. Most thought it was in until it came off the post. The other misses were poorly hit penalties. 

5 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Don't know what to make of this tie.  On one hand, Raith, who can only score goals from midfielders.  Partick, who got caned at home by Queens Park 4-0 in a very surprise result. Missed a penalty too.
Was the Partick result a fluke, bad day at the office or what?
Home game against tough opposition.  Think I will be happy with a draw.

I watched the highlights video of that yesterday and based on that it didn't seem as one sided as the score suggests. Partick could have scored 2 or 3 themselves on another day.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

At least Muirhead had sent the keeper the wrong way. Most thought it was in until it came off the post. The other misses were poorly hit penalties. 

I would be very confident Muirhead will score his next one - he is phonemenal at them. Hopefully none awarded on Tuesday night!

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I would be very confident Muirhead will score his next one - he is phonemenal at them. Hopefully none awarded on Tuesday night!

If I’m right he only ever missed 1 for us in his previous spell (v QOS in the Challenge Cup Final), despite missing from the spot on Saturday I’d imagine he’ll be kept on penalties for now.

Edited by JagsCG

5 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Thistle have conceded 12 goals in their last three games. What's the chance of our forwards scoring one against them on Saturday 🤔

Our forwards, nil, unless Lewis trundles out there. Goals by Lang, O’Riordan and Easton.

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Another shocker of a result against Ayr for the Maryhill Magyars.  What has went wrong?  Top of the league and then Hibsing it?

Losing Holt and Docherty with Muirhead and Tiffoney carrying injuries hasn't helped.

Brownlie and Akinola being shadows of their previous selves hasn't helped either when they have came in.

We've been quite profligate in front of goal in games too and tend to then go onto lose goals and find ourselves losing matches.

Players coming off the bench have had little impact, some seriously lacking match sharpness and in some case fitness.

Not really Hibsy as we rarely take the lead then lose. We are etching our own new levels of Championship tomfoolery.

So another defeat awaits at a ground we haven't won at in many a year.

We could win but that would come as a welcome surprise.

I would take a shitey nil nil if offered right now.

Thank you.

I wouldn't be rushing Tiffoney or Docherty back for this, leave them to get back to 100% rather than bring them back half-fit. If Lawless was only ill rather than injured there should be a reasonable chance he's available.

f**k knows what we do about the defence though, played 3 centre halves in defence and another defender in midfield last night and still looked wide open at times.

Edited by Fuctifano