Livingston v Celtic

17 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Martindale just said that Celtic and Rangers have 40 to 45 times the Livi budget.

Good man. It should be incumbent on all managers of the non-sectarian clubs to highlight the financial disparity whenever they play the Old Firm, regardless of the result. We know that Sportsound, Clyde, the papers are only interested in financial fairplay when the bigots get horsed in Europe and won't mention it in a domestic contex. But it needs bringing up constantly in order to correctly deligitimise any so called Celtic or Rangers 'acheivement'.  On this topic the rest of us should 'never stop !!'

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

My eight farthings worth...

When I saw that we had Hamilton in goal I thought to myself "anything less than a 3-nil loss is a win". When I saw we also had Longridge at left back/wingback  I feared the worse. To be fair I though Longridge had one of his best games for us.

The first goal; I've no idea what Fitzwater was doing in such and Advance position leaving Furuhashi in acres of space. Have to say it was well taken but he should never have been given the opportunity; real schoolboy stuff.

For the penalty; well I don't think it was but then it was missed so not going to bang on about it.

The second goal; I didn't realise there was an offside at the time but shown by Sportscene later, Surely that's the whole point of VAR to pick up suck things?

Third goal - well what a c0ck-up. Error upon error upon error. Umpteen opportunities to get rid of the thing properly but didn't. There's an argument that Hamilton was unsighted for the shot but ne only had to move his fee a couple of inches for Christ sake!

One thing though; whenever we've taken points off the old firm we've needed to be on top of our game; and sometimes have that wee bit of luck. That wasn't the case yesterday; we didn't play badly per se but we certainly weren't at our best. Defence often seems a bit ragged and the few attacking opportunities were too panicky. The enforced replacement of our preferred goalkeeper was a blow; I've not seen Hamilton play before but am a bit mystified why Ivan didn't have the shout ahead of him.

We also missed Montano and his mazy attacking runs. Stephen Kelly generally seemed to play well but was far too slow on the ball; repeatedly allowing himself to get robbed; turning a potential attack into a defensive scramble.

One thing though that really brought it home to me though was a quick look at who was on the bench. The net "worth" of Celtic's bench could have easily bought about four fifths of the teams in the Premiership. I appreciate they were wanting to "rest" some player but even so; that was just taking the p155.

5 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Good man. It should be incumbent on all managers of the non-sectarian clubs to highlight the financial disparity whenever they play the Old Firm, regardless of the result. We know that Sportsound, Clyde, the papers are only interested in financial fairplay when the bigots get horsed in Europe and won't mention it in a domestic contex. But it needs bringing up constantly in order to correctly deligitimise any so called Celtic or Rangers 'acheivement'.  On this topic the rest of us should 'never stop !!'

Honestly mate, you are one boring b*****d, for someone who supports neither cub, or any club as you claim, to hang around every Celtic match thread regurgitating the same tired bullshit because you have some 50 yr old grudge is pretty sad, what age are you? Must be in your late 60’s. Away and spend time with your grandkids, or are they bored with you too? 

Edited by Drew Brees

26 minutes ago, Durnford said:

My eight farthings worth...

When I saw that we had Hamilton in goal I thought to myself "anything less than a 3-nil loss is a win". When I saw we also had Longridge at left back/wingback  I feared the worse. To be fair I though Longridge had one of his best games for us.

The first goal; I've no idea what Fitzwater was doing in such and Advance position leaving Furuhashi in acres of space. Have to say it was well taken but he should never have been given the opportunity; real schoolboy stuff.

For the penalty; well I don't think it was but then it was missed so not going to bang on about it.

The second goal; I didn't realise there was an offside at the time but shown by Sportscene later, Surely that's the whole point of VAR to pick up suck things?

Third goal - well what a c0ck-up. Error upon error upon error. Umpteen opportunities to get rid of the thing properly but didn't. There's an argument that Hamilton was unsighted for the shot but ne only had to move his fee a couple of inches for Christ sake!

One thing though; whenever we've taken points off the old firm we've needed to be on top of our game; and sometimes have that wee bit of luck. That wasn't the case yesterday; we didn't play badly per se but we certainly weren't at our best. Defence often seems a bit ragged and the few attacking opportunities were too panicky. The enforced replacement of our preferred goalkeeper was a blow; I've not seen Hamilton play before but am a bit mystified why Ivan didn't have the shout ahead of him.

We also missed Montano and his mazy attacking runs. Stephen Kelly generally seemed to play well but was far too slow on the ball; repeatedly allowing himself to get robbed; turning a potential attack into a defensive scramble.

One thing though that really brought it home to me though was a quick look at who was on the bench. The net "worth" of Celtic's bench could have easily bought about four fifths of the teams in the Premiership. I appreciate they were wanting to "rest" some player but even so; that was just taking the p155.

Just glad to get these two games out the way D.I kinda suspect even had we been at full strength yesterday we would have struggled against Celtic on that form.Mind you totally agree about their bench.Collosall to put it mildly.As you say we learn and move on.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Honestly mate, you are one boring b*****d, for someone who supports neither cub, or any club as you claim, to hang around every Celtic match thread regurgitating the same tired bullshit because you have some 50 yr old grunge is pretty sad, what age are you? Must be in your late 60’s. Away and spend time with your grandkids, or are they bored with you too? 

That's very mean-spirited of you DB.  If you don't enjoy his contributions to the forum you could just skip past them.  A little compassion goes a long way 😇

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

The enforced replacement of our preferred goalkeeper was a blow; I've not seen Hamilton play before but am a bit mystified why Ivan didn't have the shout ahead of him.

Konovalov is the better goalkeeper. I can only think it's because he wants to leave why Hamilton was chosen. The idea is maybe that because Hamilton can be around long term it's better to prioritise him. For me, though, if the club is paying for Konovalov's services then use him in the meantime regardless of the longer term picture.

31 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

That's very mean-spirited of you DB.  If you don't enjoy his contributions to the forum you could just skip past them.  A little compassion goes a long way 😇

You’re right, Sorry, just woke up with a banging head. Long day yesterday. 
I actually like the fact that he posts the same stuff on every single Celtic thread. 

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Konovalov is the better goalkeeper. I can only think it's because he wants to leave why Hamilton was chosen. The idea is maybe that because Hamilton can be around long term it's better to prioritise him. For me, though, if the club is paying for Konovalov's services then use him in the meantime regardless of the longer term picture.

Gary Maley would prob have done a better job, it's a lot harder getting the ball past him too, the size of the fecker.

31 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Gary Maley would prob have done a better job, it's a lot harder getting the ball past him too, the size of the fecker.

Pretty sure no-one would try to bully him either; it would be like running into a brick wall.

8 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Never heard Ange mention anything about financial disparity in Europe. Everything has been about where we should be better and all things that are within our control.

However the fact your priority here isn’t to make things better for other clubs but to “de-legitimise” any Celtic or Rangers achievements is utterly pathetic and fuelled by self interested bitterness. You are to be pitied more than anything else, it’s all a bit sad really.