Livingston v Celtic

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Wasnt disputing anything, but I was surprised at the multiple.

Although I knew Livi football budget was small, if those numbers you quote above are budget(as opposed to turnover), that is indeed tiny for a company with ~50 employees.

That's actually the number being up on recent year, it was previously only 1m. I'm fairly sure we've had the smallest budget in the league for years, even Hamilton I think were out-paying us.

46 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Funnily enough i didn't think VAR interrupted the game all that much, it just fucked us with a few crap decisions, was expecting it the other way around, sigh.

Finished about as bad as i expected after we let in the first goal, though we did well for the rest of the first half not conceding another goal. Really needed a goal back to make it interesting but we hardly troubled Hart's goal, a couple of weak shots straight at him and a couple of decent moves that broke down before we got a shot in. Fairly comfortable win for Celtic in the end, our game plan needed us to go in 0-0 at HT, and 2nd half bring on Anderson to inject a bit of pace up front to work off Nouble, by the time he came on the game was well gone.

Pity the 3rd goal went in 2-0 wouldn't have been too bad a result on our GD, the 3rd goal kinda feels it is.

Not enough "goals" in that post...

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The penalty incident is a penalty for all Celtic fans and not a penalty for everybody else. Everybody else is correct though as his arms were as near to his body as he could manage without surgery.

Not everyone as the pundits also seemed to think it was a pen nor did Martindale raise it as an issue.

And the law does support it as it’s not just about how close your arms are to your body but where they are in relation to your body movement and no one naturally has their hands in that position which does make his body bigger or the ball wouldn’t have hit it.

Let’s not be disingenuous though Joey, you are calling for that if the shoe is on the other foot especially if potentially saves you from a riding like yesterday.

Like I said it’s harsh on the player but understand completely why it’s given based on how the law currently works

As for the game it’s just good to come away Livi unscathed hopefully that’s the curse well and truly broken

Edited by Jinky67

29 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not everyone as the pundits also seemed to think it was a pen nor did Martindale raise it as an issue.

And the law does support it as it’s not just about how close your arms are to your body but where they are in relation to your body movement and no one naturally has their hands in that position which does make his body bigger or the ball wouldn’t have hit it.

Let’s not be disingenuous though Joey, you are calling for that if the shoe is on the other foot especially if potentially saves you from a riding like yesterday.

Like I said it’s harsh on the player but understand completely why it’s given based on how the law currently works

As for the game it’s just good to come away Livi unscathed hopefully that’s the curse well and truly broken

Like I said, it's a penalty for Celtic fans and not for everybody else. If that's for Aberdeen I'm saying penalty straight away. It's fitba. However, Martindale not having any issue with it is because it had absolutely no affect on the result. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Martindale just said that Celtic and Rangers have 40 to 45 times the Livi budget.

In fairness when they lost to the **** on the opening day of the season he was praising the contributions of 'Tav' and 'Scottie' Airfield, read in to that what you like. 

In fairness when they lost to the **** on the opening day of the season he was praising the contributions of 'Tav' and 'Scottie' Airfield, read in to that what you like. 
Ah but we took a point off them last week and got beat by you lot today....ergo he's a Celtic fan now, no?

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Kyogo is a fucking embarrassment man, don't think I've ever disliked a player as much as him

He should be one of the more likeable Celtic players. Great player, scores loads of goals, always smiling. But he is such a cheating b*st*rd.