Utd v Motherwell

13 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

We saw this when Motherwell should have went down. There are dark forces protecting a club that simply should not be so.

In many, many years barren of silverware but still maintaining our position at the top table (38 consecutive seasons?)whilst other assorted diddies yoyo up and down, I absolutely love this stuff. Gives you a wee warm, fuzzy glow.

26 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

f**k VAR btw.

Its f**k all to do with VAR and everything to do with shite officiating.  Beaton should never have been asked to review it and when he did he should not have given a red card.

41 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Once it goes to review it is clear Watt puts his studs halfway up Goss's leg then it has to be a red card.

One game into VAR and I’m seriously considering whether I want to be a fitba fan anymore.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

One game into VAR and I’m seriously considering whether I want to be a fitba fan anymore.

Nothing to do with United spending a (comparative) fortune on players and languishing at the bottom of the table. Nothing at all…

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s f**k all to do with VAR and everything to do with shite officiating.  Beaton should never have been asked to review it and when he did he should not have given a red card.

f**k all to do with VAR?

Jesus wept!

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

I don't understand why after a referral the referee isn't allowed to give a yellow. The game is already stopped for a potential red card so why is the ref limited in the options.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I don't understand why after a referral the referee isn't allowed to give a yellow. The game is already stopped for a potential red card so why is the ref limited in the options.

You want VAR stopping the game every time there’s a possible tellow card?

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

TBF, I think he means that a red card review shouldn't be a binary "nothing or red", rather than checking everything. If a red card review shows that a yellow should have been given, the ref should be allowed to give that.

Just now, ArabFC said:

No. You only stop for red card checks but if at the end of the red card check the ref decides it isn't a red but still worthy of a yellow they can give it.

For example if Utd's attack today ended in a corner. Then the ref reviews the clear foul by Watt and decides it doesn't quite meet the standard for a red he has to give the corner.

If you are stopping the game to re-ref it, then at least have the ability to have the correct decision.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I don’t see why he couldn’t. VAR can’t bring it back for a yellow, but as far as I understand it there’s nothing to stop them saying “You should have another look at it, because we think it could be a red” but when the ref does watch it back he can surely say “I don’t think it’s a red, but it’s worth a booking”. 

Or in this instance he could have said “Don’t be fucking stupid you cheating arsehole. He doesn’t even make contact. How can it possibly be a foul never mind a red card? Now f**k OFF and don’t waste my time with shite like that again.” 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nothing to do with United spending a (comparative) fortune on players and languishing at the bottom of the table. Nothing at all…

No, you see tonight, I’m more concerned about the effect this shite will have on fitba going forward than the fact that we’re shite at this moment in time.

Forget even that it went against us, it’ll happen to every team and with far worse incidents.

When Motherwell scored, I wasn’t sure if I should be upset - it happened at the other end of the field and maybe a Well player pushed somebody out of the way or it came off an arm.

When Fletcher missed what would have been a screamer of a bicycle kick, I wasn’t fussed as I was thinking the ref would probably get VARed and rule it out for Edwards climbing.

I think it’s just gonna piss me off to the extent where it ruins the game for me.

Maybe I’m extreme on my views of this but it is what it is.