Utd v Motherwell

15 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Ffs, there's no intent whatsoever. Football is becoming increasingly mental but an accident is still just an accident. If you must impose a yellow for a tiny infraction then  .. so be it, yellows have been flashed and non-flashed for a great variety of non events for some years now .. but the notion that a genuine effort to play the ball with no malice or recklessness by the letter (not the actual letter) of the law should be a red is just too much. 

Any player trying to kick a ball can potentially hurt another player if they happen to get there first or poke a foot in or come in from an oblique angle. You can't be seriously thinking of sending someone off just because of the outcome (especially when the outcome is more likely than not to be mostly contrived by a cynical opponent) with no intent or sensible interpretation of recklessness.

Players might be well advised to remove their arms and footwear before entering the pitch  just in case someone blooters the ball against them or gets in the way of an entirely innocent effort to play the ball.

the-simpsons-angry.gif

Anyone that’s watched VAR in operation down south should not be surprised at the red card, as I mentioned in another post and as you point out players should remove their arms because if a ball is kicked against one it’s going to be a penalty if in the area. Football is no longer a contact sport and we are going to see many further red cards we would not have seen in the past. The rage is going to hit new levels but it won’t change a thing.

5 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:
I've long felt that VAR should referee the spirit of the game, rather than the laws.
If its fun; make it so.

Dundee United should certainly try their best to be a banter club, as right now I can't see what other purpose they serve

giphy-downsized-large.gif

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:
I've long felt that VAR should referee the spirit of the game, rather than the laws.
If its fun; make it so.

Dundee United should certainly try their best to be a banter club, as right now I can't see what other purpose they serve

Don't you fucking dare encroach on our territory.

20 hours ago, Twinkle said:

You have been posting your shite patter all day yet you sit 6h in the Championship. Behave

You can only dream of my quality of banter Twonkle.

Same with the geriatric fruit cake.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Said it on the VAR thread but even before that angle I can't understand why so many people thought it wasn't a red card. High contact with his studs.

Get aff, all day, nae bother.

And to think Beaton didn't even spot there was a foul!

Just seen the upated footage. As clear a red card as you'll ever see. Watty knew what he was doing and he knew he'd been caught. Hopefully Liam Fox fines him for that. A real nasty challenge.

Edited by Dosser2014