Utd v Motherwell

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

When Motherwell scored, I wasn’t sure if I should be upset - it happened at the other end of the field and maybe a Well player pushed somebody out of the way or it came off an arm.

When Fletcher missed what would have been a screamer of a bicycle kick, I wasn’t fussed as I was thinking the ref would probably get VARed and rule it out for Edwards climbing.

Maybe I’m extreme on my views of this but it is what it is.

I felt the same, there was a foul before Fletcher’s kick so there was no jeopardy, I had already ruled it out.  At the goal there was a stramash after the initial header I thought it was a great opportunity for VAR to pick out an indiscretion.  I cheered but calmed down quickly.

11 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

You can thank cheatin Beaton and VAR. Any truth that he’s from Motherwell?

Nah, Bellshill I think. Next town along....

There are pictures of him having a pint in a particularly Rangers-y pub there though that Celtic fans like to trot out every time they suffer a perceived injustice when they play each other. Although we are the establishment's club of choice, I'm not convinced we're brother Beaton's.

56 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Can't say I can remember anything like that happening, but I highly doubt the SFA are going undermine their fancy new expensive toy by admitting it got something wrong.

We're better off not wasting time and money on what would be a pointless appeal.

Asghar probably has the cheque in the post already then.

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Nah, Bellshill I think. Next town along....

There are pictures of him having a pint in a particularly Rangers-y pub there though that Celtic fans like to trot out every time they suffer a perceived injustice when they play each other. Although we are the establishment's club of choice, I'm not convinced we're brother Beaton's.

I really struggle with the notion that refs are 'bent'. Thrawn, arrogant, too quick to get caught up in petty squabbles - aye, but not deliberately biased against or in favour of one team or another. Mike McCurry aside, obviously.

I used to be paranoid that Beaton had a serious grudge against us given the many appalling decisions I'd seen him give against us over the years. That was until he took charge of the 2nd leg of our play-off final against St. Mirren and made several piss poor calls in our favour.

Beaton's not biased or corrupt, just useless. And an arsehole.

Waiting for the opportunity to state the fact that video frames per second aren't replicated by real time movement of players, which negates the cm offside nonsense brought about by VAR, I'm left bereft today to complain about Tony Watt's dismissal, as between the fps, and server's capabilities, he could well have knifed Sean Goss. 'Well done, David Munro *.

As to the old style football, United, who started on the front foot, seemed to improve as Motherwell regressed to protect their points, but playing 4 full backs gives the opposition all sorts of opportunities to pump balls into the box. Simply it's very naïve of Fox to think he's stumbled on a masterplan, and after that formation failed last week, to tinker by only changing the keeper in defence was foolhardy.

* wouldn't matter who it was, VAR's shite for attending fans.

If Beaton saw it properly he would have awarded a yellow.  VAR has conspired to make it a red because it falls within the bounds of a challenge that should be considered for a red.

Watt seemed to have no complaints so I won’t either.

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

If Beaton saw it properly he would have awarded a yellow.  VAR has conspired to make it a red because it falls within the bounds of a challenge that should be considered for a red.

Is this satire? I genuinely can't tell on this place sometimes. For every sensible poster with a degree of nuance and irony, there are five idiots spouting barely intelligible horseshit.

Or maybe it's the other way round.

23 minutes ago, ropy said:

If VAR makes it look like a red then isn't it a red? If the incident falls within the bounds of a red then surely its a red...?

Is that not the thing with fouls in general?

I think in this case it looks like a yellow and VAR makes it look like a yellow so it should, in my opinion, be a yellow. Beaton is just a complete fucking doofus and flashed a red because VAR, controversy, centre of attention or some shite.

I'd also be pishing myself laughing if it was a Motherwell player at the end of such moronic refereeing so fill yer boots lads.

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If VAR makes it look like a red then isn't it a red? If the incident falls within the bounds of a red then surely its a red...?

Is that not the thing with fouls in general?

I think in this case it looks like a yellow and VAR makes it look like a yellow so it should, in my opinion, be a yellow. Beaton is just a complete fucking doofus and flashed a red because VAR, controversy, centre of attention or some shite.

I'd also be pishing myself laughing if it was a Motherwell player at the end of such moronic refereeing so fill yer boots lads.

I think there is an overlap where one ref would give a yellow and another a red.  No one would have had a problem with a yellow.