Utd v Motherwell

30 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Maybe I’m extreme on my views of this but it is what it is.

I don't think it's an extreme view at all. It certainly changes the dynamic hugely and for the fan in the ground - so crucial in Scotland as we heard in lockdowns - not for the better. 

VAR as it is used is absolute toss. It was sold as being there to overturn major errors which is clearly not the case in practice.

Go to the tennis system of one appeal a game (or half at most) and if a team feels mugged by a howler they'll check it. If not just get on with it.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

I can understand Utd’s frustration at the Watt red card. We should’ve had a penalty at the end of the game last week which I thought was the very reason VAR was being introduced; to rectify such missed infringements. 

It’s clearing nothing up and infuriating everyone and I hate it already.

Edited by Allroy for Prez

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

We saw this when Motherwell should have went down. There are dark forces protecting a club that simply should not be so.

harry potter GIF

“Expellirmus Tonyiosaaaahhh”

followed by a quick

“Descendo Arabus”

Job done, goodnight

Just in. Unbelievable performance from Beaton. Pleased to note that there seems to be unanimity on the decision. Only two folk in Scotland who seem to think it was a red were the two guys getting paid to make decisions with the benefit of multi angle replays. f**k VAR. Who is it for? Nobody that I know wanted it. Just a vanity exercise for the SFA and referees. Absolute shite. 

On the plus side, I thought we actually played well today. Switched off at one free kick which cost us then goal but that aside we were sharp and solid and just fucked over by that arsehole Beaton. Much better than the last couple of games. Thought Behic and Sibbald were excellent. Need to start picking up points soon though and probably not a good sign to play quite well and still get beat.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure you get to select where it effects you, mate.

Well, obviously not and I'm far from an expert on the subject but it normally causes hair to fall out in patches, no?

Never before seen a sufferer with a perfect bowl cut when having a notoriously random and patchy condition. No offence to the guy obvs., wouldn't mind having him at Fir Park he was one of the best performers on the park today.

Not sure why there is so much outrage over the red card, football is no longer a contact sport, it’s been like that for a good while. The decision was correct by the letter of the law in the modern game which is why it stood after review, an appeal would be pointless. People might not like it but that’s the way it is.

Edited by Yorky

2 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Not sure why there is so much outrage over the red card, football is no longer a contact sport, it’s been like that for a good while. The decision was correct by the letter of the law in the modern game which is why it stood after review, an appeal would be pointless. People might not like it but that’s the way it is.

Make that three silly cunts.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Make that three silly cunts.

It is what it is, you can rage away all you like it’s not going to change anything. VAR will change football up here the same way it has down south, you can’t tackle, defenders can’t have arms, you’re offside by a centimetre.

Edited by Yorky

The flow of the game seemed to be that we were well on top after the first five minutes, scored our goal and continued to push forward, then there was the red card and we completely fell out the game, in the last 10 minutes we came back into it perhaps when United felt they weren’t going to get anything out the game.

Did the ref miss the red card challenge or did he feel there was nothing in it?  At the game I didn’t see the actual point of contact but given how I saw it play out I thought it was a foul and probably a yellow card.  Having seen it back I wouldn’t have been outraged if that was what was given.  But getting to watch it a number of times it falls into the wide spectrum of things that could result in a red card. I wouldn’t have awarded one but I often disagree with referees.

I don’t understand people saying that he never touched him.  That’s patently untrue.

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

The flow of the game seemed to be that we were well on top after the first five minutes, scored our goal and continued to push forward, then there was the red card and we completely fell out the game, in the last 10 minutes we came back into it perhaps when United felt they weren’t going to get anything out the game.

Not sure I would agree with that. There was one breakaway before the goal and apart from that I don't think Motherwell created a single chance of note the whole game. You and I are wearing different tinted specs though. 

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure I would agree with that. There was one breakaway before the goal and apart from that I don't think Motherwell created a single chance of note the whole game. You and I are wearing different tinted specs though. 

Maybe it was just that I was happy with our performance during that period.  That came to an end with the red.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Can a red card shown after a VAR review be appealed and if so what is the success rate?

Can't say I can remember anything like that happening, but I highly doubt the SFA are going undermine their fancy new expensive toy by admitting it got something wrong.

We're better off not wasting time and money on what would be a pointless appeal.