Utd v Motherwell

The boost we got following 7 points from 9 in the league has been pretty much been smashed in the last couple of games, back to being a soft touch with some very poor defensive performances. Might be time to shake up the defensive shape as this has become a very big 3 points with Killie and St Johnstone winning at the weekend. Very fortunate to escape with a point in our last game against Motherwell but after a good start under Hammell they seem to be going through a tough spell also. 

4-4-2

Keeper

Smith Edwards Mulgrew/Graham McMann

Middleton McGrath/Levitt Sibbald Behich

Watt Fletcher

Not sure what the script is with Levitt and Mulgrew injury wise but definitely think we are missing Mulgrews organisation and would personally be making him captain on his return as I don’t think Edwards is a great captain and without the responsibility he can concentrate on his own game more. 

Edited by skinny arab

Hope for a win but expecting a loss. I assume this is the feeling for most fans n both sides.

We need to win games, which means we have to pass the ball to our own players as well as moving around the pitch. Maybe also take a few shots on target as well.

Tony Watt Guaranteed to get something (goal, assist) as the usual with former players.

Despite some of the cricket score results I still think The Arabs have a better squad on paper. We have a mixture of low confidence, bodies available for selection and central defensive frailties to deal with.

Think a win here for either team will be massive.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Tombola time. 

Saku

Smith Edwards Graham McMann

Djoum  Levitt   Sibbald

Sadat.  Watt.   Middleton

I found it interesting that on the last match thread a St Mirren fan saying McGrath is playing in a completely different role from when he played for them and is looking far less effective.  Won’t be the first time United have signed a player and played him out of position with sub-standard results.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I found it interesting that on the last match thread a St Mirren fan saying McGrath is playing in a completely different role from when he played for them and is looking far less effective.  Won’t be the first time United have signed a player and played him out of position with sub-standard results.

McGrath was our best player against both Aberdeen and Hibs, playing in (presumably) much the same role as he did against St Mirren.

McGrath, in my recall, played centrally for St Mirren mostly. Strangely, the game I recall him playing wide was the 5-1 defeat for United at Tannadice in January last year: he scored twice.

I can't really pin down where he is playing for United, but he rarely looks central to me.

To the game, have Motherwell been better away from home than at Fir Park in the league this season? 

On 23/10/2022 at 22:52, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

I'll be happy with a United win, Johnnies & Killie sharing the points, and Hearts pumping County.

I think County will beat Hearts. Hearts have been rotten in every game after a European night. I’m sure the game is away from home so there will be tiredness after the match plus travelling and they then have to travel to Dingwall.

On 24/10/2022 at 21:11, Dundee Hibernian said:

McGrath, in my recall, played centrally for St Mirren mostly. Strangely, the game I recall him playing wide was the 5-1 defeat for United at Tannadice in January last year: he scored twice.

I can't really pin down where he is playing for United, but he rarely looks central to me.

To the game, have Motherwell been better away from home than at Fir Park in the league this season? 

Did he not play as a 10 for St Mirren.

On 24/10/2022 at 21:11, Dundee Hibernian said:

We've won more games away from home aye.

1162854251_Screenshot2022-10-26at19_39_15.png.08418ea6e842aeac777306dff6a01335.png

Tbf, that's not really our problem at the moment. We've a paper thin squad with a pile of injuries and our confidence seems to be absolutely shot.

Edited by capt_oats

We badly need a win here but given the low confidence and amount of injuries we have I've got a feeling it'll be another loss. 2-0 United with Watt inevitably getting both after we miss a sitter to take the lead and another to equalise.

Edited by AdamMFC