Certainly looks like a not yet on intelligent contributions to that question.

And I didn't do research on it, I watched Brazil a lot in 2021 when Renan Lodi played 7 times for Brazil and Alex Telles 0. It was a random example I picked because all of Brazil's left backs are a bit crap, and Telles (5 years older, with half the caps, and playing with a dreadful Sevilla side) getting picked is a moderate surprise. Nothing outrageous though. I expect plenty of the predictions I make on who gets selected or starts will be wrong, I'm really not bothered.

My point still stands - every single nation will have players in their squad that don't play regular 90 minutes. Even the biggest and best nations. Alex Telles has played 90 minutes three times in La Liga getting 1 point, Tierney did it twice in the EPL and got 6 points. Sevilla are 17th in La Liga, equal on points with 19th, whilst Arsenal are top of the table.

And so to the conclusion, despite the apparent panic at Tierney not starting every league match - not only is he still guaranteed a spot in Scotland's squad (and team) you would struggle to find a national squad (and team) he wouldn't make. He's a much better player than Alex Telles (and Renan Lodi) and would comfortably be selected ahead of both of them. IMO (although this is less concrete) he would also start ahead of Alex Sandro. Scotland is one of the few nations on the planet where he isn't a starting left back.

Do you disagree with this? Do you think it's better for players like Tierney to get fewer minutes at a top club, or guaranteed minutes at a lesser club? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Edited by Satoshi

10 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Certainly looks like a not yet on intelligent contributions to that question.

And I didn't do research on it, I watched Brazil a lot in 2021 when Renan Lodi played 7 times for Brazil and Alex Telles 0. It was a random example I picked because all of Brazil's left backs are a bit crap, and Telles (5 years older, with half the caps, and playing with a dreadful Sevilla side) getting picked is a moderate surprise. Nothing outrageous though. I expect plenty of the predictions I make on who gets selected or starts will be wrong, I'm really not bothered.

My point still stands - every single nation will have players in their squad that don't play regular 90 minutes. Even the biggest and best nations. Alex Telles has played 90 minutes three times in La Liga getting 1 point, Tierney did it twice in the EPL and got 6 points. Sevilla are 17th in La Liga, equal on points with 19th, whilst Arsenal are top of the table.

And so to the conclusion, despite the apparent panic at Tierney not starting every league match - not only is he still guaranteed a spot in Scotland's squad (and team) you would struggle to find a national squad (and team) he wouldn't make. He's a much better player than Alex Telles (and Renan Lodi) and would comfortably be selected ahead of both of them. IMO (although this is less concrete) he would also start ahead of Alex Sandro. Scotland is one of the few nations on the planet where he isn't a starting left back.

Do you disagree with this? Do you think it's better for players like Tierney to get fewer minutes at a top club, or guaranteed minutes at a lesser club? Interested to hear your thoughts.

It's interesting the parameters that you use when comparing Tierney and Telles' appearances.

As when talking about Tierney's league appearances it whether he has been involved in the game regardless of minutes played whereas with Telles it's specifically about not playing 90 minutes. It's interesting how you adjust the parameters to suit your argument. 

It's a post that says not much at all.

Do you think Brazil would select Tierney ahead of Telles? It's a question with such an obvious answer.

Not even Alex Telles thinks he is a comparable player to Tierney.

The point is, every international side (even the best ones) have players who aren't guaranteed 90 mins at club level.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

It's a post that says not much at all.

Do you think Brazil would select Tierney ahead of Telles? It's a question with such an obvious answer.

Not even Alex Telles thinks he is a comparable player to Tierney.

The point is, every international side (even the best ones) have players who aren't guaranteed 90 mins at club level.

At what point did I say Telles is comparable to Tierney? Clearly KT is a far better player. 

I'm simply asking why your parameters for looking at appearances between two players are different?

It's not a difficult question. 

Again, it's a post that says nothing.

If I say that Tierney makes x appearances, it's because factually he does. If I say Telles make y 90 minute appearances it's because factually he does.

I am deliberately adding more detail to the second point to make sure it is not considered the same as the first. It is related, but not the same.

A discussion can have different types of information (in any aspect of life). A discussion that is purely one dimensional is going to be very boring to anyone involved.

You may only think first team minutes is important, or league starts or a combination of different metrics (that's your prerogative) but so long as you are clear on what you are using it's no harm to anyone. Indeed, it adds more detail and context to the conversation.

Good that you obviously agree with the conclusion.

Edited by Satoshi

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Again, it's a post that says nothing.

If I say that Tierney makes x appearances, it's because factually he does. If I say Telles make y 90 minute appearances it's because factually he does.

I am deliberately adding more detail to the second point to make sure it is not considered the same as the first. It is related, but not the same.

A discussion can have different types of information (in any aspect of life). A discussion that is purely one dimensional is going to be very boring to anyone involved.

You may only think first team minutes is important, or league starts or a combination of different metrics (that's your prerogative) but so long as you are clear on what you are using it's no harm to anyone. Indeed, it adds more detail and context to the conversation.

Good that you obviously agree with the conclusion.

No you do it to suit your narrative it's as simple as that. In your head Tierney gets 10 minutes of a league and that's a positive but Telles starts and get 70 minutes and that's a negative against him.

If that's what in your head, I don't think it would matter even if it was true.

Tierney is a vastly better player than Telles, irrespective of their league minutes this season. Are you just posting for the sake of it? I really don't know what point you are driving for any more.

15 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

If that's what in your head, I don't think it would matter even if it was true.

Tierney is a vastly better player than Telles, irrespective of their league minutes this season. Are you just posting for the sake of it? I really don't know what point you are driving for any more.

Think the point I am making is clearly obvious. And it has nothing to with respective abilities of KT and Telles 

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Think the point I am making is clearly obvious. And it has nothing to with respective abilities of KT and Telles 

Bud your clearly right, you've caught him out big time. He's been caught out numerous times tho. Rather than admit anything he waffles on and on, paragraphs of shite. Its pointless pursuing.

12 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Brighton v Villa looks a truly tantalising prospect and one that fans have already christened The Dropped Derby.

We could be treated to minutes of Scotland affiliated action this afternoon.

Mcginn is starting though?

Or are you referring solely to Gilmour?

Edited by Rodhull

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

McGinn starts and completes 90 minutes as Villa earn a good win away to Brighton. 

I guess folk can stop panicking now. Good players will always find their way back into the team. Hopefully the rest did him some good. 

Always??

Again its Scotland fans discussing the form and game time of Scotland players on a Scotland forum. Theres nothing unusual at all about it

Aye it's not so much players dropping out of club starting contention (which is normal), it's the fact so many seemed to do this at the same time.

Christie, McGinn, Gilmour, McTominay, Fraser, Tierney, Hendry.

Not ideal. But as I said before, and as the poster a few posts ago agrees, good players will find a way back to form and playing time. Just hope it can happen for the majority of the above between Jan and March.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Aye it's not so much players dropping out of club starting contention (which is normal), it's the fact so many seemed to do this at the same time.

Christie, McGinn, Gilmour, McTominay, Fraser, Tierney, Hendry.

Not ideal. But as I said before, and as the poster a few posts ago agrees, good players will find a way back to form and playing time. Just hope it can happen for the majority of the above between Jan and March.

Its most probably an English conspiracy to keep us down.