Queen’s Park v Dundee

11 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

We'll see about that. 

You confident you'll be in it?

I have absolutely no confidence at all that we'll be in it with the present squad and random team selections. January will be crucial, if we can get a few bodies in to improve the squad then I'd expect to make the playoffs. If not then who knows. One thing for certain is the present squad won't win the league.

It's down to the Yanks to release the cash, if not we'll struggle.

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Has Eze been dropped after some of his howlers? Robson was at direct fault away at Arbroath for their goal, was he dropped ? Was Bannon dropped after the Arbroath home game for his mistake? Davidson’s fresh air kick away at Inverness? There’s more to it when it comes to dropping players rather than simply howler = dropped. 

Eze - no idea what rules apply for him. Coyle sounds like his agent when he talks about him. Looks like he was the one playing the late goal onside last night. Or will we blame Bannon again?

Davidson has been dropped. So far down, Naismith, Boateng D, Bannon have all taken his spot.

No comparison at all on what Robson has brought to the team against Ferrie’s contribution. Just crazy talk.

The guy needs a rest. Time for a reboot. Every player does. He’s a good shot stopper but often parries back into a danger area. The fumble I mentioned earlier did end up at Dundee feet and a shot off the bar. Had it been two howlers leading to goals would that have still been allowable?

Play Heraghty at Cove and see how both keepers react to it. Heraghty needs the time too.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Two games against #TheDerry and two post match interviews where 'Coyley' has made an absolute tit of himself. 

Long may it continue, Skeletor looking tramp.

Which part of the interview specifically do you think made him look like a tit?

I thought he came across as fairly level headed considering we'd just chucked 2 points away, and I'm not sure I'd disagree with anything he said.

8 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Trying to make out Queens were prime Barca and 'dominance' while Dundee were long pumped balls because they're a big team.

As I said in the Dundee thread. The standard - of both teams - was fucking horrific.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I thought he came across as fairly level headed considering we'd just chucked 2 points away, and I'm not sure I'd disagree with anything he said.

I think the guy wrote his post on Thursday and cut n paste it.

5 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The Ball has already taken the deflection off the defender who is looking behind him to see where it's going. 

At the moment of striking the defender both Dundee players are clearly both in onside position. 

Embarassing from the Queens and another disaster from Coyley in his post match comments.  

Thank you. 

"Clearly" - the last thing the footage does is make it clear.

The reaction from some of the Queen's players was embarrassing though. That's simply not acceptable, a point made clearly by Coyle in his interview.

The reaction was disgraceful- especially when you compare it to after the first goal. 

We played some great-great stuff in the 1st half. Started the 2nd well, pure howler, and bounced back… but the equaliser was coming.  

One of Coyle’s first comments in his (perfectly reasonable) post match was about game management. He’s dead right - but that’s maybe not going to come easily from such a young team. It needs a bit more help from his subs. 

23 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Admittedly this isn't an unfallible view because of the camera angle (and i know the hall has been already played but its the best i can do) but the second goal looks to be either offside or its very close. You can see why we argued so strongly. 

Screenshot_20221029-092407_YouTube.jpg

Defenders diving in is a consideration here; stay on your feet, say big and there is more chance of blocking the shot. That said we invite teams to play it long and put us under pressure. I would have hoped the sore lesson at the hands of Ayr earlier this season would have been learned. Leaving one upfront to chase down four defenders are not good odds.

On the positive side, and there is a lot to be positive about; the passing leading up to both goals is a joy to behold, that kind of play will see us score more than we lose.

On 29/10/2022 at 00:38, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That was absolutely appalling by Ferrie tonight, no excuses it was awful on several levels and cost us the game. He fumbled another later on...

Ferrie did make a courageous save in the first half racing to edge of his box risking a penalty and a red card. That kept us in the game. Overall, he has made the most saves of any keeper in this league this season; if the outfield players can tighten up a bit and reduce the numbers of shots the opposition are taking, the chances of another howler will reduce.

I would keep him in, for now.   

On 29/10/2022 at 14:50, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Eze - no idea what rules apply for him. Coyle sounds like his agent when he talks about him. Looks like he was the one playing the late goal onside last night. Or will we blame Bannon again?

Davidson has been dropped. So far down, Naismith, Boateng D, Bannon have all taken his spot.

No comparison at all on what Robson has brought to the team against Ferrie’s contribution. Just crazy talk.

The guy needs a rest. Time for a reboot. Every player does. He’s a good shot stopper but often parries back into a danger area. The fumble I mentioned earlier did end up at Dundee feet and a shot off the bar. Had it been two howlers leading to goals would that have still been allowable?

Play Heraghty at Cove and see how both keepers react to it. Heraghty needs the time too.

Your comment about Davidson being dropped before these others is 100% correct and 100% wrong from OC. The lad can play RB/CH and Midfield and has never let us down.