Queen’s Park v Dundee

5 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

On a side note, bumped into Darvel manager Mick Kennedy at the game. Wouldn't let on who he was looking at. Makes you wonder. 

Wouldn’t surprise if someone like Jason Naismith ends up there soon. Can’t see him lasting the season with us tbh 

15 minutes ago, QPFC67 said:

Kenny plays better in a front 2, doesn't help we are not playing that at the minute. Feels a bit harsh to get rid of him in January.

Played in a front two against Raith and was still hoaching in fairness 

I desperately want him to do well but it’s just not happened for him. He might go and do well at another club but for one reason or another, it’s badly went wrong here 

Edited by qpfc

14 minutes ago, QPFC67 said:

Feels a bit harsh to get rid of him in January.

You’re right. Let’s not let him suffer. Get him a taxi in the morning. Nowhere near ready for this level. Did no-one mention to Celtic that we’re not in league two anymore.

Regular viewers will know I’m not Murray’s biggest fan but the one thing he’s really good at, when he’s in the mood, is hunting down defenders and turning lost causes into possession wins. He did it several times tonight and whenever he’s buzzing around it unsettles the whole back line. In turn, they sit deeper, midfielders go deeper and the front man ends up isolated or too far from goal to score. When he got subbed, and I saw Kenny getting stripped, I turned to my mate and said we’ll spend the rest of the game folding back into our penalty area rather than defending high up the pitch. And that’s what happened. Whatever caused the furore, it came about because we left a man wide open at the back post after allowing Dundee loads of time to line up crosses. We had no outball and no-one to win it up front. Just no way Kenny should be starting ahead of Williamson, especially tonight with us in the lead and a big sturdy defence. Poor, poor decision again from Coyle.

Time Heraghty got a go. That was absolutely appalling by Ferrie tonight, no excuses it was awful on several levels and cost us the game. He fumbled another later on that could easily have fallen to Dundee boots. Needs a rest. The only one really outstanding was Boateng but pretty much everyone had a good game. Terrific goal again from Tommy Robson.

Last word for Lee Kilday. Whether he was right or wrong, it was great to see a skipper fighting for his team like that when he called out the ref. His passion over the bogus goal was great to see. Keep the armband Lee.

I hope the club make a protest about the officials. The ref needs a nurse so it’s unfair to the man to just ignore his illness. Hook him!

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Time Heraghty got a go. That was absolutely appalling by Ferrie tonight, no excuses it was awful on several levels and cost us the game. He fumbled another later on that could easily have fallen to Dundee boots. Needs a rest.

Wild. Aye he was really poor tonight and his mistake was dreadful but to drop him ? Couple winnable games coming to pick up some big points and we try an untested Heraghty? No thanks. Unless there’s a consistent trend in howlers in the near future, Ferrie stays in the team 

Wouldn’t be against playing Heraghty against Peterhead if I had to play him at some point 

7 hours ago, qpfc said:

Wild. Aye he was really poor tonight and his mistake was dreadful but to drop him ? Couple winnable games coming to pick up some big points and we try an untested Heraghty? No thanks. Unless there’s a consistent trend in howlers in the near future, Ferrie stays in the team 

Wouldn’t be against playing Heraghty against Peterhead if I had to play him at some point 

Agreed that it was a dreadful mistake but he has made some tremendous saves this season.

I'm disappointed with the result but the team has exceeded my expectations for this season.

On 26/10/2022 at 18:22, K.T said:

7 hours ago, qpfc said:

Got to agree here.

Not going to deny that I'm a big fan of Ferrie and not keen on a lot of the stick that he gets from some fans, which I'm more than happy to discuss at every game with said QP fans, and I am also not going to deny that he had a shocker last night which he did, but he's also nowhere near getting dropped after it.

He's the #1 by a long, long distance and it's not at the point an 18 year old keeper has earned the right to take his place. One particularly bad mistake or one bad game doesn't negate the good season he's had to date. Obviously in a couple weeks time if it keeps up then...

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

It was just a few months ago the mood was universal, you and I included, that we needed a new first-choice keeper. Being better than an 18 year-old isn’t a measure of greatness. When outfield players have a howler Coyle has shown taking them out and returning them in sharpens them up. Why do goalies get different treatment?

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Time Heraghty got a go. That was absolutely appalling by Ferrie tonight, no excuses it was awful on several levels and cost us the game. He fumbled another later on that could easily have fallen to Dundee boots.

Ferrie had a stinker no doubt. He's never been great at high balls and no doubt McMullan knew that when he lofted it into that area. His delivery also wasn't the greatest during the game, but that's been well documented across the past. I hope Heraghty is given a chance, considering the club's investment into him but now isn't the time. 

If Ferrie is dropped, that will shoot his  confidence to bits. Give him a chance to make it right.

35 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Admittedly this isn't an unfallible view because of the camera angle (and i know the hall has been already played but its the best i can do) but the second goal looks to be either offside or its very close. You can see why we argued so strongly. 

Screenshot_20221029-092407_YouTube.jpg

Eze looked to be on the same line as both Dundee players. But the ball had also ricocheted of a Queen’s player which maybe the lino hadn’t noticed but the ref did. 

Update: scrap the ricochet part. Just checked the rules and the “pass from an opponent must be deliberate”. So it’s all about the player positions. Quite how the ref had a better view of that than the lino is beyond me.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

23 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It was just a few months ago the mood was universal, you and I included, that we needed a new first-choice keeper. Being better than an 18 year-old isn’t a measure of greatness. When outfield players have a howler Coyle has shown taking them out and returning them in sharpens them up. Why do goalies get different treatment?

In the summer period, yes I would not of been against a new keeper being signed based on the performances Ferrie shown last season. He cost us games and looked very jittery in key moments…However, he’s been fantastic this season and he’s bailed out a lot of the defensive lapses we’ve shown on countless occasions. I’m convinced we don’t win away at Accies had he not pulled off a unbelievable last ditch save in the first half. Moments like that people will forget easily but naturally last night’s howler will be talked about for ages. Mental some of the abuse he takes during the games on a weekly basis 

Has Eze been dropped after some of his howlers? Robson was at direct fault away at Arbroath for their goal, was he dropped ? Was Bannon dropped after the Arbroath home game for his mistake? Davidson’s fresh air kick away at Inverness? There’s more to it when it comes to dropping players rather than simply howler = dropped. 

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, behindthelens said:

Good highlights again. Seems Dundee didn't really get into the game until after Queens Park went 2-1 up. Then the Dees were on the front foot and could have won the game going by the chances they created. Equaliser hard to judge but the ball comes off a QP player when played in. So ref probably took that into consideration to overrule his assistant as he probably missed that.

A game QP should have won at 2-1 then one Dundee probably should have won when they showed up in the second half.

Pure Cinch!

Thank you.

p.s  that was some howler by the keeper for Dundee's first goal. 

Edited by jagfox

1 hour ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Admittedly this isn't an unfallible view because of the camera angle (and i know the hall has been already played but its the best i can do) but the second goal looks to be either offside or its very close. You can see why we argued so strongly. 

Screenshot_20221029-092407_YouTube.jpg

The Ball has already taken the deflection off the defender who is looking behind him to see where it's going. 

At the moment of striking the defender both Dundee players are clearly both in onside position. 

Embarassing from the Queens and another disaster from Coyley in his post match comments.  

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Good highlights again. Seems Dundee didn't really get into the game until after Queens Park went 2-1 up. Then the Dees were on the front foot and could have won the game going by the chances they created. Equaliser hard to judge but the ball comes off a QP player when played in. So ref probably took that into consideration to overrule his assistant as he probably missed that.

A game QP should have won at 2-1 then one Dundee probably should have won when they showed up in the second half.

Pure Cinch!

Thank you.

p.s  that was some howler by the keeper for Dundee's first goal. 

You'd be wrong JaggyFox.

We were the better team until our defence contrived to concede again. 

2nd half was fairly even but we created alot more chances. Despite the players out and woeful defence a full strength Queens couldn't win and had to complain vigorously about an onside equaliser in the end. 

Once we sort our weaknesses in January we'll rise above pish like QP. For now they can enjot themselves along with the Morten - fair play. 

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Time Heraghty got a go. That was absolutely appalling by Ferrie tonight, no excuses it was awful on several levels and cost us the game. He fumbled another later on that could easily have fallen to Dundee boots. Needs a rest. 

You're at it 

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mulligan has been shite since the game against Arbroath at the start of the season bar his wee cameo at Dens a couple of weeks ago.

He needs to come back like the player we know he can be and drag us to January.

Tonight keeps us in the pack and it's another week closer to January. 

5 league games to get through until then.

Mulligan was excellent a couple of weeks ago due to the manager playing him in the right position. You'd have thought that GB would have realised by now that playing him out wide is a waste of talent.