Queen’s Park v Dundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Missed French dearly, that's for sure. Mulligan too.

Mulligan has been shite since the game against Arbroath at the start of the season bar his wee cameo at Dens a couple of weeks ago.

He needs to come back like the player we know he can be and drag us to January.

Tonight keeps us in the pack and it's another week closer to January. 

5 league games to get through until then.

8 minutes ago, QP MAD said:

That should be the last time Kenny comes on for Murray

The boy is absolutely honkin', unfortunately. I'd be looking to send him back to Celtic in January and bring in someone else. There's absolutely no reason he should be coming off the bench instead of Williamson, but I don't think Murray needed to be taken off at all.

6 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The boy is absolutely honkin', unfortunately. I'd be looking to send him back to Celtic in January and bring in someone else. There's absolutely no reason he should be coming off the bench instead of Williamson, but I don't think Murray needed to be taken off at all.

There's got to be something in his contract about a certain number of appearances. Coyle isn't stupid surely he can see he's going to offer nothing when trying to see out a game. Same goes for David Boateng

35 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I've said this before, but when he plays it's clearly a boy playing against men. I appreciate Coyle's options were limited, but when youre looking for a target man to hold the ball up top, why send on Kenny who'd be knocked over by a gust of wind? Bizzare decision. 

Id like to see us bringing in another option thats more physical. Likes of Leighton McIntosh at Cove or Sheridan. Otherwise that story of only piling more pressure back onto ourselves will play out again week after week. 

Edited by HoustonSpider99

7 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

That said, imagine having to watch that Dundee side every week. 

2 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Id like to see us bringing in another option thats more physical. Likes of Leighton McIntosh at Cove or Sheridan.

Don't want to watch us but would take our worst striker.

Minter.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Don't want to watch us but would take our worst striker.

Minter.

He completely changed the game when he came on. Won flick ons and some good through balls. I dont watch him every week but as an impact player he'd be an improvement on the wean that we brought on. 

2 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

He completely changed the game when he came on. Won flick ons and some good through balls. I dont watch him every week but as an impact player he'd be an improvement on the wean that we brought on. 

I agree. Sheridan did well tonight. He was miles ahead of what Rudden had been doing, and actually matched up quite well against a physical queens centre half. 

I’m more raging with Dom Thomas tbh. Crucial in everything we do this season and gets the most stupid second yellow. Offside or not, he needed to keep his mouth shut in that moment 

Obviously gutted we didn’t win but to take 4 points from 6 against thistle and Dundee the last 2 games, I would of absolutely took. We got exposed a bit out wide towards the latter stages of the game but my goodness we do love giving teams a gift of a goal. You can’t help but say that was an utter calamity from Ferrie but I won’t be too harsh on him. He’s been excellent this season and that was his first real howler of the season. Mistakes happen for any keeper 

It was a fairly entertaining game overall and both teams gave it a good go. Dundee’s subs seem to make them stronger whilst we looked considerably weaker. Kenny and David Boateng especially looking poor.

Cove next week followed by an Inverness team who look absolutely done through injuries. Real opportunity for points here. Hopefully in the coming weeks, some sort of bigger gap between 5th can appear. Any playoff spot would be lovely 

Also never play Johnny Kenny again please. He’s been absolutely atrocious for us I’m afraid. I was hoping he was just adapting to the team at first but he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s championship level. Would be looking to get him punted in January for someone else. Williamson must think what on earth has happened for him to get 0 minutes again 

Need to see the highlights for what happened for the second goal for Dundee. The fact that three players were booked for protesting it, including Thomas for a completely daft second yellow whether he was justified or not, suggests to me there was something not right. For the linesman to flag for it, bring the ref over and then shite himself is very disappointing (replay pending of course).

Thought we were the better team on the night but really struggled to take advantage. A shambles first goal for us cancelled out by Ferrie gifting them one. But what a goal for Robson right after their equaliser, superb work by Murray to create it.

Would have taken a draw before the game but after watching those diddies attempting to play football I'm disappointed we didn't take all three. Two absolutely bowfin goals conceded, and the subs we made just let Dundee back into the game at a time we were under pressure. 

Onto Cove next week and a chance to showcase the sexy Stenny soccer we are becoming used to. Fifth time lucky to see us to top of the league? 

31 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m more raging with Dom Thomas tbh. Crucial in everything we do this season and gets the most stupid second yellow. Offside or not, he needed to keep his mouth shut in that moment 

Obviously gutted we didn’t win but to take 4 points from 6 against thistle and Dundee the last 2 games, I would of absolutely took. We got exposed a bit out wide towards the latter stages of the game but my goodness we do love giving teams a gift of a goal. You can’t help but say that was an utter calamity from Ferrie but I won’t be too harsh on him. He’s been excellent this season and that was his first real howler of the season. Mistakes happen for any keeper 

It was a fairly entertaining game overall and both teams gave it a good go. Dundee’s subs seem to make them stronger whilst we looked considerably weaker. Kenny and David Boateng especially looking poor.

Cove next week followed by an Inverness team who look absolutely done through injuries. Real opportunity for points here. Hopefully in the coming weeks, some sort of bigger gap between 5th can appear. Any playoff spot would be lovely 

Also never play Johnny Kenny again please. He’s been absolutely atrocious for us I’m afraid. I was hoping he was just adapting to the team at first but he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s championship level. Would be looking to get him punted in January for someone else. Williamson must think what on earth has happened for him to get 0 minutes again 

Kenny plays better in a front 2, doesn't help we are not playing that at the minute. Feels a bit harsh to get rid of him in January.