Stereotypes that are true

ICTChris

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

They'll invite anyone with the loosest connections. I still get email invites to weddings of brothers/sisters/cousins of Indians who used to be in Dundee 10+ years ago and who I have lost touch with.

"Hi MM, remember me from 15 years ago? Well, my wifes cousin is getting married in Chennai tomorrow, heres an invitation, hope to see you there"

Mentalists. 

Might turn up to one for a laugh.

Its a status thing, the more people the better.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

They'll invite anyone with the loosest connections. I still get email invites to weddings of brothers/sisters/cousins of Indians who used to be in Dundee 10+ years ago and who I have lost touch with.

"Hi MM, remember me from 15 years ago? Well, my wifes cousin is getting married in Chennai tomorrow, heres an invitation, hope to see you there"

Mentalists. 

Might turn up to one for a laugh.

The mrs and I were in a hotel recet - ish - ly and there was an Indian wedding taking place down the stairs, The women looked absolutely fucking out of this world.  if I were you I'd get yourself down there and bring your dancing shoes anaw

4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The mrs and I were in a hotel recet - ish - ly and there was an Indian wedding taking place down the stairs, The women looked absolutely fucking out of this world.  if I were you I'd get yourself down there and bring your dancing shoes anaw

Ive been to a couple where I know the folk including one in India.

Theres two (main) reasons I would volunteer to go to India a couple of times a year for work purposed.  Food and stunnahs. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Ive been to a couple where I know the folk including one in India.

Theres two (main) reasons I would volunteer to go to India a couple of times a year for work purposed.  Food and stunnahs. 

My friends own an indian restaurant chain and they came to my wedding, the outfits were absolutely superb, amazing colours and the Indian traditional male dress is so cool. 

I once had a wumman explain to me in excrutiating detail the difference between Trekkers and Treckies. Apparently the latter are the real deal while the former are just wannabees. She took about 45 minutes longer to say basically that.

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I once had a wumman explain to me in excrutiating detail the difference between Trekkers and Treckies. Apparently the latter are the real deal while the former are just wannabees. She took about 45 minutes longer to say basically that.

Trekkies was the original and is the most common reference.

Trekkers seems self appointed and I would say describe your latter day fan (well post original movies anyway), who seemingly take it all a little too seriously. A self described Trekker will certainly be involved in gender and identify discussions round ST Discovery. 

At least they didn't declare themselves as something as pretentious and wanky as Whovians I suppose. 

17 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'm in Sofia just now and the people are miserable as f**k. 

So I googled

Screenshot_20221026-180200~2.png

I've seen this said about Russians and Ukrainians as well.  Apparently smiling is kind of seen as a sign of being an idiot.