Stereotypes that are true

ICTChris

6 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

White South African men are Wife Beating drunks, that are always no more than 30 seconds away from a racist comment.

My old neighbour was from Jo'Burg "Black people had it better under apartheid" was a popular one of his.

Made my skin crawl.

I lived with a South African couple for three months. He was a boer and she was an English South African. You knew an argument was getting tasty when the “Mandela Lover” line was trotted out.

Never got the 'white South Africans' are all horrible and racist thing.  Over the years I've met around 20 and to a man and woman they were all very pleasant and never heard a racist comment.  Maybe an age thing as they would all now be late 40s or younger.

The same cannot be said for the Scottish man who went live in SA and returned after 25 years.

There was a South African kid transferred in to my school in the early Nineties as his parents had emigrated. He was very nice and seemed bemused that all anyone wanted to ask him about was apartheid (presumably it just seemed very normal to someone born and bred there).

He didn't seem to have any stories about overt racism, until once he paused for a second and came out with, "well, there was the night I got woken up because someone had lynched a guy in our barn"  :blink:

I have 2 cousins that came back from SA in the late 80's so they didn't have to do the army thing.

1. became a police officer in Coatbridge, then onto CID.

2nd  Never seen until a family gathering round about '93. Big rugby cunto. he got shipped back after an altercation between him and my sister (he tried it on) and then slapped her when she told him to f**k off.  

I gave him a doing in the back garden that he probably still has nightmares about.

2nd  Never seen until a family gathering round about '93. Big rugby cunto. he got shipped back after an altercation between him and my sister (he tried it on) and then slapped her when she told him to f**k off.  
I gave him a doing in the back garden that he probably still has nightmares about.

Then.......3bde79cb97a90048e61163dc3ccda00c.gif