Stereotypes that are true

ICTChris

38 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Major and Callaghan are the most recent two...dunno who the third one is.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I’m going to guess Truss, Thatcher and Callaghan? 

Truss was at Oxford or Cambridge, sadly.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

I see "What school did you go to?" is as strong as ever on P&B 

Well if you must know it was the Sacred Heart of King William the Third Jewish Madrassa for Girls. 

I was a confused child. 

Indian weddings go on for nearly a week and have the best part of 1,000 guests.

Can confirm. I got chatting to an entire family at an Indian wedding once and asked how they knew the couple. The reply was that the dad’s brother used to work with the father of the bride years ago, but they’d never met the actual couple. Was quite bizarre to me that this family had been invited. 

Edited by Donathan

Weegies cut corners all the time. My last 2 jobs I’ve worked with a heap of them and it’s their most common trait.  Well, that and telling everyone that they’re the funniest people on earth.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Weegies cut corners all the time. My last 2 jobs I’ve worked with a heap of them and it’s their most common trait.  Well, that and telling everyone that they’re the funniest people on earth.

Weegies and their "wit we like eh" patter is absolutely brutal.

10 hours ago, Donathan said:

Indian weddings go on for nearly a week and have the best part of 1,000 guests.

Can confirm. I got chatting to an entire family at an Indian wedding once and asked how they new the couple. The reply was that the dad’s brother used to work with the father of the bride years ago, but they’d never met the actual couple. Was quite bizarre to me that this family had been invited. 

They'll invite anyone with the loosest connections. I still get email invites to weddings of brothers/sisters/cousins of Indians who used to be in Dundee 10+ years ago and who I have lost touch with.

"Hi MM, remember me from 15 years ago? Well, my wifes cousin is getting married in Chennai tomorrow, heres an invitation, hope to see you there"

Mentalists. 

Might turn up to one for a laugh.

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

They'll invite anyone with the loosest connections. I still get email invites to weddings of brothers/sisters/cousins of Indians who used to be in Dundee 10+ years ago and who I have lost touch with.

"Hi MM, remember me from 15 years ago? Well, my wifes cousin is getting married in Chennai tomorrow, heres an invitation, hope to see you there"

Mentalists. 

Might turn up to one for a laugh.

If you consider that the average wedding in the UK has around 100 guests, and the average person in the UK maybe attends one per year, folk in Indian must be going to weddings every week