Doonhamers vs. Bairns

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Don’t think a Queens player has infuriated me more than Max Currie does weekly

Aye but people will defend him because he stopped another couple of scoring chances (Which I thought was his job anyway.) For me it's McKenna, he just looks so devoid of confidence playing in the rb/rwb position. 

Don’t think a Queens player has infuriated me more than Max Currie does weekly
Aye but people will defend him because he stopped another couple of scoring chances (Which I thought was his job anyway.) For me it's McKenna, he just looks so devoid of confidence playing in the rb/rwb position. 
It's also a striker's job to score goals and given the number of sitters Paton has missed it's bizarre he has some kind of hero status among our support and Currie is extremely disliked. FWIW I thought Currie was one of our least shite performers on Saturday. There's an argument he could have come for the second but given the dip I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I was more pissed off with the striker having all that space when there were 2 defenders nearby.

McKenna at the 3rd goal sums him up for me. Casually jogging back into position rather than busting a gut. He's looked too 'relaxed' on several occasions during the season so far.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Having thought about it, Fraser Aird has to top my all time list

15 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Got to be the Prince-of-the-Premier Pedestrian Plodder Stephen Simmons for me.

Weird how some players seem to fit well with certain clubs/squads and are a complete misfit with others.  Was it the Raith fans who thought Simmons was decent?  Or was it the Pars fans, can't quite recall which ones.

Weird how some players seem to fit well with certain clubs/squads and are a complete misfit with others.  Was it the Raith fans who thought Simmons was decent?  Or was it the Pars fans, can't quite recall which ones.
Think he was decent for Raith. I'm sure Dunfermline fans dislike him as much as QoS fans. As I bore people to death with I still preferred Simmons to Scott McLaughlin; absolute charlatan of a footballer.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Think he was decent for Raith. I'm sure Dunfermline fans dislike him as much as QoS fans. As I bore people to death with I still preferred Simmons to Scott McLaughlin; absolute charlatan of a footballer.

Aye, he had a few reasonable seasons with us. He was awful with the Pars, and their fans would slaughter him. My memory is a bit hazy about that period now, he might have scored a goal in a derby at some point but I definitely do remember him getting sent off at Stark's Park much to their delight. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Gus MacPherson absolutely hung Simmons out to dry with his "Premiership standard player" comment. It was meant as a confidence booster to talk up his captain but it set an expectation he was never living up to. Simmons wasn't the worst player in the squad that season though, never mind our worst ever. Which isn't to say he was good, he was decidedly average for us at best (I tend to agree he was better than McLaughlin). That was the season we had the likes of Mark Campbell, Tam Brighton and Marc McCusker in the squad though.

It's odd because when you look back it also had some damn good players in it who would go on to be integral parts of the all conquering side in the following 2 or 3 years. Lee Robinson, Chris Higgins, Ryan McGuffie, Allan Johnston, Nicky Clark, Danny Carmichael. Craig Reid playing his last season with us. A 3 month cameo from Sam Parkin long before he started spending his Saturdays doing EFL highlight shows! Even bit parts from the likes of Reilly, Holt and McShane too.

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Nah, was one of our most disliked players over the past 20 years, lazy b*****d. 

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Gus MacPherson absolutely hung Simmons out to dry with his "Premiership standard player" comment. It was meant as a confidence booster to talk up his captain but it set an expectation he was never living up to. Simmons wasn't the worst player in the squad that season though, never mind our worst ever. Which isn't to say he was good, he was decidedly average for us at best (I tend to agree he was better than McLaughlin). That was the season we had the likes of Mark Campbell, Tam Brighton and Marc McCusker in the squad though.

It's odd because when you look back it also had some damn good players in it who would go on to be integral parts of the all conquering side in the following 2 or 3 years. Lee Robinson, Chris Higgins, Ryan McGuffie, Allan Johnston, Nicky Clark, Danny Carmichael. Craig Reid playing his last season with us. A 3 month cameo from Sam Parkin long before he started spending his Saturdays doing EFL highlight shows! Even bit parts from the likes of Reilly, Holt and McShane too.

That Gus lineup would batter our current mob.