Doonhamers vs. Bairns

Guest Back Post Misses
11 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Agree with all of that. 

Genuinely don’t think the squad is good enough - but the selection and tactics are mystifying to say the least. I am beginning to see how Lee Connelly has been struggling to get a game and when he and Murray are on at the same time we are just so weak and soft.

All he did was bitch, niggle and moan at everyone from the ref to Falkirk players to his own team mates while contributing he haw

Where do you start?

I was interested to see Bange starting, fans have been shouting for that for weeks, but the optimism lasted 5 minutes. The ball was played to him in a good position, he dithered about until all the Queens players were out of position but then passed straight to a Falkirk player. Clinical finish after that but terrible pass.

That gave Falkirk a bit of confidence and the rest of the half was just awful. That’s the worst game I’ve seen Gibson have for us (ever?), and it his error led to the second ( thought our keeper could have come out for it?). Though Currie made a few decent saves.

I thought Cochrane was our best midfielder (it was a low bar), and Paton made a difference. Connor Murray looked lively, and took his goal well.

Can’t bear to watch the highlights, watching once was enough.

Thought we were excellent for long spells yesterday, especially the first hour or so. The changes with Kennedy and Yeats coming in had a positive impact, I dont mind Oliver and McGuffie but both slow us down going forward. Also allowed Morrison to play on the right where he just looks more natural. Pre match I was thinking Alegria was unlucky to be dropped given his goalscoring record so far and the way he bullied the QotS defenders in the game at TFS earlier in the season...but Burrell ran riot and was unlucky not to get a couple more goals. 

Nesbitt and McCann were both excellent. Their work rate was never in question last season but both have seriously upped their game and are now consistently playing well, fair play to them for turning it round. Not sure if that is down to McGlynn or just playing in a much better side. Didnt realise how good McGinn's pass was for Kennedy's goal at the time who strolled the game as per. 

Queens big lanky striker was properly bad, the worst have seen at this level since Jamie Wilson. Was disappointed to see Gibson start given the clamour, but he played in midfield rather than RB and clearly doesnt have the legs for it any more. I almost felt a bit sorry for him up against McGinn, Nesbitt and Yeats who dominated. But then I remembered what a bellpiece he was when playing for us so that quickly faded

We're a striker and a RB away from a really well rounded squad. McKay did fine yesterday but probably his fault for the goal and doesnt give the same attacking threat as McCann on the other side. His height is important though as I'd imagine we are one of the smaller sides in the league. It would also be great to see Alegria and Burrell start up front together but that would leave no one on the bench 

A final word to the ref who was beyond hopeless. Felt like he gave us f**k all over the 90 minutes but missed what looked like a blatant pass back from Yeats. Wasn't even a difficult game to referee either 

Important to go on a good run now, Pars and Airdie at home will be big games and hopefully for the first time since we were relegated we don't bottle them 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I'd almost forgot Josh Todd played for us. Possibly because he was injured more often than not. Seemed to have issues with a recurring shoulder injury if I recall. When he did play he looked like he was running through treacle and contributed next to nothing. Another one of those players that has the ability but it never transcended onto the park at least not with us. When Gibson was with us did he not walk out the stadium or something at half time at a game cos he'd spat the dummy? 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd almost forgot Josh Todd played for us. Possibly because he was injured more often than not. Seemed to have issues with a recurring shoulder injury if I recall. When he did play he looked like he was running through treacle and contributed next to nothing. Another one of those players that has the ability but it never transcended onto the park at least not with us. When Gibson was with us did he not walk out the stadium or something at half time at a game cos he'd spat the dummy? 

Pretty sure you are right about Gibson, the only slightly memorable thing he did whilst at Falkirk.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think he fell out with Elvis.

No idea. Aren't they a hybrid? Given their lack of subs for most of the season I reckon it's a shoestring budget they have.
We are pretty much full time now. I think Calum Gallagher is the only part time player in the team, the rest are full time. We had a lot more part time players last season. We have a very small squad which is a gamble and has bitten us in the a*se recently with injuries and suspensions. Yesterday there were more players from the under 18s development squad on the bench compared to the 4 the other week.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think he fell out with Elvis.

He signed an initial six month deal with us and was intended to be the replacement for Higginbotham after the latter went to Hudderstfield. 

He was subbed at halftime in the third last game of the season, a 3-2 loss to Raith Rovers. The story at the time (I think in the press) was that he left the stadium immediately in the huff and was told that as a result he would never play for the club again. 

He didn't. His squad place in the last two games went to youngsters such as Liam Dick, Liam Rowan, Chris Faulds and Steven Brisbane so presumably the story was accurate. 

3 hours ago, David Fernández said:
On 29/10/2022 at 21:05, 19QOS19 said:
No idea. Aren't they a hybrid? Given their lack of subs for most of the season I reckon it's a shoestring budget they have.

We are pretty much full time now. I think Calum Gallagher is the only part time player in the team, the rest are full time. We had a lot more part time players last season. We have a very small squad which is a gamble and has bitten us in the a*se recently with injuries and suspensions. Yesterday there were more players from the under 18s development squad on the bench compared to the 4 the other week.

At least that's now 2 wins out of 8 now for you with oor Charlie in your side. Matching his win  record with us over the last couple of seasons I'd say.

On 30/10/2022 at 08:11, QOSQOS said:

Where do you start?

I was interested to see Bange starting, fans have been shouting for that for weeks, but the optimism lasted 5 minutes. The ball was played to him in a good position, he dithered about until all the Queens players were out of position but then passed straight to a Falkirk player. Clinical finish after that but terrible pass.

That gave Falkirk a bit of confidence and the rest of the half was just awful. That’s the worst game I’ve seen Gibson have for us (ever?), and it his error led to the second ( thought our keeper could have come out for it?). Though Currie made a few decent saves.

I thought Cochrane was our best midfielder (it was a low bar), and Paton made a difference. Connor Murray looked lively, and took his goal well.

Can’t bear to watch the highlights, watching once was enough.

Have watched the highlights it was worse than I thought .

The 1st goal what is Bange thinking about with that pass it is nowhere near a Queens player but after that we are so slow to react easy. 

2nd goal what the hell was McKay and East doing standing watching as he had a simple header in .

Currie as expected did nothing he has to come and claim that the ball was in the air a long time .

3rd goal think I could beat McKenna far to easy to side step easy again .

The overall performance was easily the worse so far this season need a massive improvement to get anything from any game this season 

First two goals were horrendous, haven't watched the highlights but at one of the goals, 1st?,  I remember thinking why has the defence gone into the middle and no ones gone out to try and stop the player crossing the ball in. Second goal was almost identical to the first, for me Currie has to at least try and claim that ball. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

First two goals were horrendous, haven't watched the highlights but at one of the goals, 1st?,  I remember thinking why has the defence gone into the middle and no ones gone out to try and stop the player crossing the ball in. Second goal was almost identical to the first, for me Currie has to at least try and claim that ball. 

Don’t think a Queens player has infuriated me more than Max Currie does weekly