Doonhamers vs. Bairns

So you've seen him play 20 mins after coming on  in a game that was long over as a contest and that's what your basing his entire abilities on. He completed bodied your defence at TFS in the previous game  this season or have you forgotten all about that some how.
He came on and looked shit. I'm not sure why you're getting so wound up by that. He was a massive downgrade on No. 19. and our shaky defence weren't troubled after he was replaced by No. 9., thankfully.

Dreadful performance - Falkirk comfortably the best team I've seen in League 1. Better than us all over the pitch - fitter, stronger, better technically and most importantly better set up tactically. Yet again our team selection and tactics were dreadful. Wullie should be playing at RB not central midfield especially when he hasn't played for a good few weeks. The absence of Wilson, Todd and McGrory was a huge blow ( not that you can ever rely on any of that 3 with their sick notes at the ready). Surely the obvious thing to do was bring in a natural midfielder McMahon or Johnstone. McMahon played well at Montrose and hasn't been seen since? The deployment of Connelly, Murray and Reilly was mystifying - don't think anybody knew what their roles were, least of all them. The usual multiple change of formations followed us going 0-2 down but to no avail.

Players miles off the required standard to mount any sort of promotion challenge but not helped by some very poor management decisions.

Some players seem "bulletproof" in terms of their weekly selection - no idea why??

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who was the big lump who played the first half? Absolute donkey 

I was wanting Bange to get a chance of a start as he's looked fairly impressive in the few sub appearances he's had, sadly didn't work out for him today, easily played out of the game. Same with Wullie Gibson, a lot of supporters were wanting him back in the team, myself included, but he didn't cover himself in glory today. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I was wanting Bange to get a chance of a start as he's looked fairly impressive in the few sub appearances he's had, sadly didn't work out for him today, easily played out of the game. Same with Wullie Gibson, a lot of supporters were wanting him back in the team, myself included, but he didn't cover himself in glory today. 

If Bange was garbage what did that make Reilly? 

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Wullie is never a central midfielder now, he wants far too much time in an area of the pitch you just aren’t going to get it. I’m sure every person wanting him on the pitch wanted him in at Rb/Rwb. 

Woeful performance and tactical set up today, that’s all I can be bothered writing about it.

Edited by Broony88

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The longer it goes on the less reasons you can give to defend him. Said pre-season the only way WG is getting sacked is if we are nowhere near the playoffs at Xmas. It's certainly heading that way so the BoD will need to decide if they see the season out and get a new gaffer next season or take a gamble and try and get someone else in.

I can't see us changing anything for as long as the bottom two provide a cushion against disaster.

There might be a need for a total rethink regarding the club next season though.

I can't see us changing anything for as long as the bottom two provide a cushion against disaster.
There might be a need for a total rethink regarding the club next season though.
I can't see us not going PT if we fail to get out this season; the BoD may well be content with that though as it's surely less to fork out on wages. But our crowds are dwindling and it can't possibly sustain FT football for much longer.

Woeful is the only word I can muster up to describe that performance today.  We may have looked better in the second half, but only when the result was a foregone conclusion, Falkirk took their foot off the gas and McGlynn decided to "rest" some of starting XI for the last half hour.

The majority of fans on here have been advocating for Wullie to play, but not in central midfield ffs!  The excuse will no doubt be rolled out that 2 (or 3) of our first pick CMs are out with injuries, but with a squad of 28 players surely we have better options than to start the manager playing out of position?

I'm not complaining about the effort put in by Reilly and McKenna, but these two players seem to be the first two names on the teamsheet in every game and I am totally baffled as to why.  Wullie tore Greenacres a new one on twitter for suggesting that he has his favourites, but it's starting to look like there may be a grain or two of truth in that as some guys just aren't getting a sniff of action, either that or he just doesn't have faith in a worryingly large number of the squad he has assembled.

Falkirk were very good in the first half and 4-0 wouldn't have been an unfair half-time scoreline.  Burrell gave our defence no end of problems and we just couldn't get to grips with him.  Best forward I've seen this season.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can't see us not going PT if we fail to get out this season; the BoD may well be content with that though as it's surely less to fork out on wages. But our crowds are dwindling and it can't possibly sustain FT football for much longer.

How do Airdrie manage?

8 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Woeful is the only word I can muster up to describe that performance today.  We may have looked better in the second half, but only when the result was a foregone conclusion, Falkirk took their foot off the gas and McGlynn decided to "rest" some of starting XI for the last half hour.

The majority of fans on here have been advocating for Wullie to play, but not in central midfield ffs!  The excuse will no doubt be rolled out that 2 (or 3) of our first pick CMs are out with injuries, but with a squad of 28 players surely we have better options than to start the manager playing out of position?

I'm not complaining about the effort put in by Reilly and McKenna, but these two players seem to be the first two names on the teamsheet in every game and I am totally baffled as to why.  Wullie tore Greenacres a new one on twitter for suggesting that he has his favourites, but it's starting to look like there may be a grain or two of truth in that as some guys just aren't getting a sniff of action, either that or he just doesn't have faith in a worryingly large number of the squad he has assembled.

Falkirk were very good in the first half and 4-0 wouldn't have been an unfair half-time scoreline.  Burrell gave our defence no end of problems and we just couldn't get to grips with him.  Best forward I've seen this season.

Agree with all of that. 

Genuinely don’t think the squad is good enough - but the selection and tactics are mystifying to say the least. I am beginning to see how Lee Connelly has been struggling to get a game and when he and Murray are on at the same time we are just so weak and soft.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:
So you've seen him play 20 mins after coming on  in a game that was long over as a contest and that's what your basing his entire abilities on. He completed bodied your defence at TFS in the previous game  this season or have you forgotten all about that some how.

He came on and looked shit. I'm not sure why you're getting so wound up by that. He was a massive downgrade on No. 19. and our shaky defence weren't troubled after he was replaced by No. 9., thankfully.

You didn't simply say he wasn't   anywhere  near as dangerous as burrell when he came on and noone would've argued with that but you called him a donkey.  His performance against queen's in the first game should've shown you that he is far from that.  

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 minutes ago, QoS99 said:
How do Airdrie manage?

No idea. Aren't they a hybrid? Given their lack of subs for most of the season I reckon it's a shoestring budget they have.

They certainly used to be a hybrid anyway.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Dreadful performance - Falkirk comfortably the best team I've seen in League 1. Better than us all over the pitch - fitter, stronger, better technically and most importantly better set up tactically. Yet again our team selection and tactics were dreadful. Wullie should be playing at RB not central midfield especially when he hasn't played for a good few weeks. The absence of Wilson, Todd and McGrory was a huge blow ( not that you can ever rely on any of that 3 with their sick notes at the ready). Surely the obvious thing to do was bring in a natural midfielder McMahon or Johnstone. McMahon played well at Montrose and hasn't been seen since? The deployment of Connelly, Murray and Reilly was mystifying - don't think anybody knew what their roles were, least of all them. The usual multiple change of formations followed us going 0-2 down but to no avail.

Players miles off the required standard to mount any sort of promotion challenge but not helped by some very poor management decisions.

Some players seem "bulletproof" in terms of their weekly selection - no idea why??

Todd was hardly ever fit when he played for us  we hardly got two games in a row off him.

Edited by Shodwall cat

You didn't simply say he wasn't   anywhere  near as dangerous as burrell when he came on and noone would've argued with that but you called him a donkey.  His performance against queen's in the first game should've shown you that he is far from that.  
I wasn't at that game. I was basing my view of him today purely on seeing his performance today and his performance today was very donkey like. I didn't think it was a particularly controversial statement tbh.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I wasn't at that game. I was basing my view of him today purely on seeing his performance today and his performance today was very donkey like. I didn't think it was a particularly controversial statement tbh.

Highlights are still readily available on Falkirk TV via YouTube if you want to see him bullying your centreback to set up the first and then delightfully curling the second one past your keeper with his weaker peg. 

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
31 minutes ago, QoS99 said:
How do Airdrie manage?

No idea. Aren't they a hybrid? Given their lack of subs for most of the season I reckon it's a shoestring budget they have.

We are indeed hybrid. When we first moved to this in 2019 the squad seemed to be fairy evenly split between part-time and full-time but I think we only have a couple of part-timers now (Watson and Gallagher). It worked well for us initially by building a decent core of part-time players (Currie, Gallagher, Carrick etc) who have mostly been phased out now.

I’ve got no idea what’s going on with the budget this season though. I suspect we do have a smaller budget than Queens but think a lot of it is that while you signed up players early and had a mostly full squad early on, we took completely the opposite approach and waited too long, trying to sign players who might have been trying for better clubs earlier in the summer. I’d certainly like to think we have some money available for January as looking to Aaron Taylor-Sinclair and some children as your options to change a game isn’t exactly inspiring :lol: 

To be fair, if Alegria is a Donkey it explains the eleven Asses playing in blue at any point today…..

Finally home after a long day. Good/great stuff from us, long may it continue.

All I’ll say for queens is - a very similar sort of home performance to what I’ve seen of us for 3/4 years. Absolute shite that seems to only be sorted by employing a decent manager.