Doonhamers vs. Bairns

42 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd have been a lot more confident about this fixture had it not been for that shitshow on Saturday. I've went 3-1 us but that's optimistic I would not be surprised if it's a score draw. 

Half a shitshow, big improvement second half.

I'm a bit concerned at Henderson being centre half now. He's fairly easily forced off the ball and doesn't have the physicality of the other options. He looks fine on the ball when not under pressure but certainly struggles a bit when forwards get in his face. We need changes on Saturday because we won't get the easy ride from Queens that we got at the FS, not sure if he should be one of them?

We definitely need to mix it up in midfield though as Nesbitt, McGuffie and Oliver are all a bit lightweight. I'd keep Nesbitt in but I'd bring Lawal and Yeats in for Oliver and McGuffie. They'd beef up the midfield a bit and would give us a chance to see what Lawal's all about.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm a bit concerned at Henderson being centre half now. He's fairly easily forced off the ball and doesn't have the physicality of the other options. He looks fine on the ball when not under pressure but certainly struggles a bit when forwards get in his face. We need changes on Saturday because we won't get the easy ride from Queens that we got at the FS, not sure if he should be one of them?

We definitely need to mix it up in midfield though as Nesbitt, McGuffie and Oliver are all a bit lightweight. I'd keep Nesbitt in but I'd bring Lawal and Yeats in for Oliver and McGuffie. They'd beef up the midfield a bit and would give us a chance to see what Lawal's all about.

Feel free to tell me this is shite, but I don't remember QOS front line being overly tall. Could be a good time to give Mackie a go instead of Henderson? He was my player of the season for the first 1/2 months. 

16 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Feel free to tell me this is shite, but I don't remember QOS front line being overly tall. Could be a good time to give Mackie a go instead of Henderson? He was my player of the season for the first 1/2 months. 

Was thinking that myself as I don't think they've a lot of physicality up front. That being the case though it could be better to leave Henderson in to avoid too many changes?

I'm a bit concerned at Henderson being centre half now. He's fairly easily forced off the ball and doesn't have the physicality of the other options. He looks fine on the ball when not under pressure but certainly struggles a bit when forwards get in his face. We need changes on Saturday because we won't get the easy ride from Queens that we got at the FS**, not sure if he should be one of them?

Sounds remarkably similar to us. Far too nice a side at times.

In regards to your point ** - [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] I wasn't at TFS but I'm skeptical we were any worse than we have been. We got a couple of important wins in the last two weeks but it was against the fodder of the division. And we only just scraped past Clyde apparently. I can't say those results have gave me any particular optimism for this fixture. It would be great to get a win here and we may well have turned a corner but much like the FCE results I have a bad feeling it's a false dawn.

We do have a boy on loan Bange who puts himself about a bit and is a giant. But WG seems reluctant to play him. If we were playing free flowing football on the deck I'd accept that but instead we seem to be lumping it forward to smaller strikers.

In all seriousness, at least a decent away support will make our attendance less pitiful this weekend. Hopefully the trains not running don't effect the numbers too much.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sounds remarkably similar to us. Far too nice a side at times.

In regards to your point ** - emoji38.png emoji38.png emoji38.png I wasn't at TFS but I'm skeptical we were any worse than we have been. We got a couple of important wins in the last two weeks but it was against the fodder of the division. And we only just scraped past Clyde apparently. I can't say those results have gave me any particular optimism for this fixture. It would be great to get a win here and we may well have turned a corner but much like the FCE results I have a bad feeling it's a false dawn.

We do have a boy on loan Bange who puts himself about a bit and is a giant. But WG seems reluctant to play him. If we were playing free flowing football on the deck I'd accept that but instead we seem to be lumping it forward to smaller strikers.

In all seriousness, at least a decent away support will make our attendance less pitiful this weekend. Hopefully the trains not running don't effect the numbers too much.

I thought you were pretty poor in the first game, so here's hoping that you're right and you're just as bad as you were then!

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Aye, our regular front line isn't really big, probably 'cos our Manager's thoughts would be that we would try and play it on the deck. We have got a big man, Bange, on loan from Blackpool who's a tall, physical player with a bit of pace, but he's only made a few cameo sub appearances rather than getting a starting slot. 

Now I'm not for one minute suggesting our use of personnel is predictable, but... 🤨

Reilly and Paton will be our starting forwards.  If Bange is to appear it will only be for the last 10 minutes after we have launched into full-on desperation mode, chasing a win/point which is well beyond our reach by that time.  Ditto Lewis Gibson.

McGrory may start but will be subbed off if he does, if he doesn't start he will be brought on for 20 mins/half an hour.  On no account will he be allowed the full 90.  Murray will be on the pitch far longer than he should be.  Wullie G should feature but won't.

We will go into the game with one formation but this will be changed on at least two occasions as the match progresses.

We will leave the ground happy with a point even though it leaves us even more firmly anchored into a mid-table void.

Edited by Slipmat