Motherwell v Aberdeen 22/10/22

You could feel the nerves in the away end for the last quarter of an hour. It was an odd feeling to be winning away to a team that isn’t called St Johnstone or Livingston. Also probably a bit of a feeling of inevitability given what happened at Dingwall.

Some very good individual performances. Ramadani was outstanding - no more slander, please. The back three all did well too. Miovski’s finish was outrageous.

We still look a bit vulnerable defensively, especially down the sides, but f**k it - we won away! 

Edited by DrewDon

There was two penalty claims near the end that weren’t even checked. What is the point of VAR if it doesn’t check?

I never seen the one on Lamie but the Cooper went mental which rarely happens and makes me think there was something in it. The defender went through the back of Van Veen for the second claim but it would have been harsh.

There really wasn’t too much in the game to be honest. Van Veen missed two glorious chances for us that he’d usually bury. I thought we could have created more.

What I will say is the defending for both goals from us was shocking again. No one tracks the runner for the first. At the second McGinn was beaten too easily and Duk gets in front of his man.

19 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

There was two penalty claims near the end that weren’t even checked. What is the point of VAR if it doesn’t check?

That’s it. I didn’t see much of Van Veens, and to be honest today my instinct with him today was “f**k sake, get up”. I was absolutely certain Lamies would be checked though - even at the final whistle there was a wee bit of confusion in the Cooper because we were all assuming a check must still be going on or suhin. 

30 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

You could feel the nerves in the away end for the last quarter of an hour. It was an odd feeling to be winning away to a team that isn’t called St Johnstone or Livingston. Also probably a bit of a feeling of inevitability given what happened at Dingwall.

Some very good individual performances. Ramadani was outstanding - no more slander, please. The back three all did well too. Miovski’s finish was outrageous.

We still look a bit vulnerable defensively, especially down the sides, but f**k it - we won away! 

Never mind just winning away, we f*ck*ng beat Motherwell. And Van Veen didn't score. It's been a helluva long time coming right enough.

I was absolutely certain Lamies would be checked though - even at the final whistle there was a wee bit of confusion in the Cooper because we were all assuming a check must still be going on or suhin. 

IMG-20221022-WA0002.jpg

Hammell on the radio saying there was a handball also that was very clear on footage he'd seen (as well as the boy trying to swap jerseys with Lamie).

As much as it's very much sour grapes from me there's a point about when VAR is applied and when it's not, because if our media team can have caught footage of that, surely to f**k the VAR centre should be reviewing it?

The last time before today that we won away in the league somewhere other than Perth or Livingston was 20th December 2020. Derek McInnes was manager and Ash Taylor was playing for the Dons.

Since then, Kilmarnock have been relegated and promoted again with McInnes as manager and Taylor in the team.

Just five of the Dons’ twenty man squad from that game are currently at the club.

5 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

IMG-20221022-WA0002.jpg

Hammell on the radio saying there was a handball also that was very clear on footage he'd seen (as well as the boy trying to swap jerseys with Lamie).

As much as it's very much sour grapes from me there's a point about when VAR is applied and when it's not, because if our media team can have caught footage of that, surely to f**k the VAR centre should be reviewing it?

You can always find still pictures to make a point. When often in real-time the context makes more sense.

Are you guys always this bitter after a defeat? Hopefully, we will have the chance to keep reading similar nonsense in the future. Your manager is deflecting to avoid the questions he doesn't want to answer.

Are you guys always this bitter after a defeat? Hopefully, we will have the chance to keep reading similar nonsense in the future. Your manager is deflecting to avoid the questions he doesn't want to answer.

We don't normally lose to Aberdeen. We expect a higher standard.

So we bring in VAR, it pisses off match going fans by keeping them in the dark for 2 mins at a time and the managers still moan about the decisions after the game? 

Great use of money. 

No one thought the first goal was offside, and VAR would check it automatically, why did the linesman flag?

No one thought the second potential goal was onside, why did it take any time at all to rule it out?

Lamie was pulled to the ground in the last minute, I assumed a VAR check would be happening, in the mean time he went right through someone in the centre circle out of frustration then the ref brought the game to an end with no indication if VAR gave a toss about anything.

Just now, ropy said:

No one thought the first goal was offside, and VAR would check it automatically, why did the linesman flag?

No one thought the second potential goal was onside, why did it take any time at all to rule it out?

Lamie was pulled to the ground in the last minute, I assumed a VAR check would be happening, in the mean time he went right through someone in the centre circle out of frustration then the ref brought the game to an end with no indication if VAR gave a toss about anything.

The bit at the end confirmed that VAR had changed my behaviour, I ‘knew’ that a check was underway and was just waiting for the ball to be out of play so that the game could be pulled back and a decision made.  But the game just stopped.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I never seen the one on Lamie but the Cooper went mental which rarely happens and makes me think there was something in it. The defender went through the back of Van Veen for the second claim but it would have been harsh.

There really wasn’t too much in the game to be honest. Van Veen missed two glorious chances for us that he’d usually bury. I thought we could have created more.

What I will say is the defending for both goals from us was shocking again. No one tracks the runner for the first. At the second McGinn was beaten too easily and Duk gets in front of his man.

How do you know it wasn't checked? Did the VAR man tell you it wasn't?

The ball doesn't have to be dead for a check to be done. It'll have been checked, decided there's nothing in it, ref told in his ear and carry on boys. Dry your eyes.