Motherwell v Aberdeen 22/10/22

1 hour ago, fat_tony said:

IMG-20221022-WA0002.jpg

Hammell on the radio saying there was a handball also that was very clear on footage he'd seen (as well as the boy trying to swap jerseys with Lamie).

As much as it's very much sour grapes from me there's a point about when VAR is applied and when it's not, because if our media team can have caught footage of that, surely to f**k the VAR centre should be reviewing it?

Still pictures can be misleading. In real time it was clear that Stewart was helping him get dressed.

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This hasn’t been a problem in the past 

Haha very true! He still should've scored two today. One of those days for him. He's had plenty of days like that, just not usually against Aberdeen. 

10 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Hammell is a fat mess these days.

Bois section no show on the streets and no show in the stands. 

wealdstone2.JPG.gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, Don exotic said:

You can always find still pictures to make a point. When often in real-time the context makes more sense.

Are you guys always this bitter after a defeat? Hopefully, we will have the chance to keep reading similar nonsense in the future. Your manager is deflecting to avoid the questions he doesn't want to answer.

You should read some of their posts after they beat us...

1 hour ago, Desp said:

So we bring in VAR, it pisses off match going fans by keeping them in the dark for 2 mins at a time and the managers still moan about the decisions after the game? 

Great use of money. 

You thought it would be different than that?

2 hours ago, fat_tony said:

IMG-20221022-WA0002.jpg

Hammell on the radio saying there was a handball also that was very clear on footage he'd seen (as well as the boy trying to swap jerseys with Lamie).

As much as it's very much sour grapes from me there's a point about when VAR is applied and when it's not, because if our media team can have caught footage of that, surely to f**k the VAR centre should be reviewing it?

There was clearly NO hand ball. 
Hammell is havering shite. 

I think it's more frustration on our parts at how VAR was applied today. You rightfully got a goal and rightfully got one chopped off. So for a Dons supporter it kinda worked, just that shitty 30 seconds before you can really celebrate from now on unless its a 20 yard free kick into the top bin.

Tierney's foul (50/50) and Lamie's shirt pull (100%) seemed to be worthy of some intervention and is wasn't. Aberdeen got these pivotal decisions their way which has left a degree of head scratching among our support.

Aberdeen benefitted today and we didn't. I think that's the end of it.

I haven’t watched too many live games with VAR but is it standard that when everyone is lined up to restart the match and the goal is eventually confirmed, the scorer runs back into the opposition half to celebrate again.

Seemed a bit odd.

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Hmm. Will give you the benefit of doubt but will wait to see it on sportscene.

Pretty sure the VAR can't change a decision 3 hours after a match finishes. Good to see us get a dodgy decision in our favour after the shite we've had to put up with this season. 

5 minutes ago, Desp said:

Quite right though. VAR is taking enough away from football. It shouldn't take away one of the greatest joys of the game - scoring a goal. 

I’ve talked myself round, I thought they would have turned and celebrated with their own fans but that being the case we would have kicked off, run through uninpeded and put a ball narrowly past the post.

If VAR had considered the action at the end instead of being gathered round the pictures coming in from Ibrox then they could have got the guys back on the pitch and I would have heard about the penalty as I walked to the car.  But given the Wullie Miller was the ‘reporter’ he wouldn’t have understood what was going on.

It baffles me that someone in Hammell's position, with all the briefings clubs must have had about VAR, can still fundamentally misunderstand how it works. The fact the referee blows the full-time whistle doesn't stop incidents from being checked - if they spot something after that they can come back out and take the penalty.