Motherwell v Aberdeen 22/10/22

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

My thoughts are you are likely to get your wish. As bad as your away from has been our home form has not been that much better.

There seems to be a malaise threatening to set in at Fir Park. Another defeat here and poorish performance and the natives will become more restless. 

This after a bright start to the league season and two good performances v United and Hearts at home that yielded all of one point. 

Almost as if the Motherwell players have said / thought Christ we cannot win games when we play very good football. So why bother. Let’s lose games by being poor. Probably easier to be fair. 

There is the proviso that our last set of games has been Celtic x 2, Rangers, Hibs away and Hearts at home.

So this is a big game.  Aberdeen with their vastly superior resources should in theory win, but our record as illustrated on this thread is quite decent v the Dandies.

We must not lose I feel if we are to try and regain momentum…..

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aberdeen win.

We're just in a really weird place at the moment. Said it plenty but we're a massive work-in-progress and the choice to run with a smaller squad is coming back to bite us. Signing injury prone players who then end up injured (to the surprise of absolutely no one) hasn't helped either.

For all folk were getting bent out of shape over Alexander's tombola we seem to be having to just play the same XI entirely out of necessity just now and coming off the back of having games against both Rangers and Celtic means it's hard to see us having the energy for this one if we're basically chucking out the same starting XI.

Ho ho ho, I think we did this game last time round at pittodrie lads. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't remember the last game against Motherwell 

Noteable I think because Goodwin set up for Graham Alexander Motherwell and got a different style that none of us were expecting - we won't get that luxury this time. Also - we should have won by more that day.

Edited by Swello

Motherwell fans insist that they are terrible and they expect Aberdeen to win the game easily. Motherwell then win the game fairly comfortably. 

You could copy and paste the above for virtually any fixture between these two teams since around that time we turned up with Zak Vyner and Greg Leigh in central midfield at Fir Park and bizarrely won 3-0. 

Edited by DrewDon

22 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Hi all.

FAO Top Reds attending this match, let's just try to get this one going pre-match to give the reds a lift!

I’m done pretending I don’t care about another clubs frankly exclusionary in-joke. This is too weird not to get an explanation. 

My thoughts are you are likely to get your wish. As bad as your away from has been our home form has not been that much better.
There seems to be a malaise threatening to set in at Fir Park. Another defeat here and poorish performance and the natives will become more restless. 
This after a bright start to the league season and two good performances v United and Hearts at home that yielded all of one point. 
Almost as if the Motherwell players have said / thought Christ we cannot win games when we play very good football. So why bother. Let’s lose games by being poor. Probably easier to be fair. 
There is the proviso that our last set of games has been Celtic x 2, Rangers, Hibs away and Hearts at home.
So this is a big game.  Aberdeen with their vastly superior resources should in theory win, but our record as illustrated on this thread is quite decent v the Dandies.
We must not lose I feel if we are to try and regain momentum…..

I don't think we're quite as bad as suggested. We're trying to playing attacking football but have a bit of a soft centre and have been losing some really avoidable goals. Despite some nice play at times we're not scoring enough goals (apart from County when all our promise seemed to come good) and current injuries mean we can't change things around up front and are missing all of our pace.

I don't know much about Aberdeen - we're capable of beating them but our recent defensive shit-shows make me think we'll concede more than we score.

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

It's an away game.

It's against Motherwell.

There is no way we are winning it, no mater how shite the Well fans say they are.

I'd love to see another one of these though.

I was in the middle of nowhere in Nepal for that game - I heard the result on the BBC World Service on a short wave radio and couldn't really believe it. That's the first time I've actually seen all the goals - and it goes to show that we've pretty much always been shite defensively regardless of how well we do overall. Also - it reminded me that Andy Goram would never dive for stuff that he wasn't getting near unlike almost every other keeper in history :)