Next temporary leader of the Conservative Party PM

Granny Danger

Next Temporary Leader of the Conservative Party PM  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The ideal outcome would be Johnson to get 99 supporters with 5 minutes to close then Truss pops up and makes it 100.

I suppose the most comical outcome would be Johnson squeaking to just over 100, while Sunak has over twice as many.  

Then the membership installs Johnson.

I keep having to remind myself, however, that this comedy isn't actually that funny.

29 minutes ago, btb said:

RS still got 42.4% this summer, I can't see many of them switching to BJ which would leave BJ needing to get 85-90% of Truss supporters.

Tory party members seem a pretty extreme bunch and I suppose the Truss segment are the extreme of the extreme, but Shirley Nott?

He'll get that percentage i reckon

Around 154 of them still to 'declare'...Johnson would only need to get a third of that to be on the ballot, which looks possible.

On the other hand, those undeclared will be weighing up the chance to knock the other 2 out, and appoint Sunak unopposed, on Monday. 

I would put Johnson’s odds of getting the 100 at about 6/4.  However I’m not sure of the physiology of those who have not chosen to declare yet.

If you’re a Tory MP can’t be too much behind the thought process of who you want to replace Truss.

19 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

One the one hand, Johnson getting the 100 votes and dominating the media outlets given his track record is absolutely hilarious but on the other hand 

malcolm-tucker-fucking-fuck-me.gif.c969bb3e498b33494a594ee03ad7ed90.gif

England is officially a lost cause. We need out of this sih*teshow and pronto.

There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how monumentally bad this is going to be.

He's the billionaires bitch, mix that with his truly awful personality and add the omnishambles that is the Tory party.

This will be a castrof**k of epic proportions. It will make Truss look almost normal.

Edited by Father Ted
Not paying attention lol.

8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

England is officially a lost cause. We need out of this sih*teshow and pronto.

There are enough words in the dictionary to describe how monumentally bad this is going to be.

He's the billionaires bitch, mix that with his truly awful personality and add the omnishambles that is the Tory party.

This will be a castrof**k of epic proportions. It will make Truss look almost normal.

When people like this are deciding the next PM we're fucked. Worst thing is that he's not even a one off.

It has to be Rishi Sunak to stabilise the markets but if Johnson vs Sunak goes to their far right Col. Blimp membership the candidate with the lighter skin tone will no doubt win as happened last time when the other candidate was clearly way out of her depth but knew how to remind people a wee bit of Maggie T and tell them what they wanted to hear about lower taxes. Johnson shouldn't touch it with a bargepole given his legal issues but is an unscrupulous malignant narcissist so will no doubt try to make a return.

Penny Mordaunt spectacularly unimpressive on that Laura Kuenssberg programme just now. 

She just refuses "to be drawn" on anything. 

The wariness to make wild commitments is understandable, but surely she needs to offer at least the odd hint about what she might have in mind.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Penny Mordaunt spectacularly unimpressive on that Laura Kuenssberg programme just now. 

The wariness to make wild commitments is understandable, but surely she needs to offer at least the odd hint about what she might have in mind.

Iain Duncan Smith, for the first time I can remember, coming across well. Just being honest about the shitshow. 

Unwilling to commit to anything apart from keep Hunt as Chancellor and the rumour thart she is trying to do a deal with Johnson:

"No, no, it's completely false," she says.

If she is going to do a deal surely it would be better being Sunak?

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

When people like this are deciding the next PM we're fucked. Worst thing is that he's not even a one off.

Because this is the situation the Tories have choice of go with Sunak and lose the next Election, go with Johnson and have a chance of winning it.