Hearts v Celtic

23 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Of course. A pass back is an indirect free kick. 

You could also, technically, have an indirect free kick for offside in the offending team’s own box.

The flagged player would need to be Billy Whizz, though. 

Just now, The Master said:

You could also, technically, have an indirect free kick for offside in the offending team’s own box.

The flagged player would need to be Billy Whizz, though. 

Obstruction also, and dissent during play from memory. 

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I'm not sure how pointing out Lee Johnson's shite tactics is a viable retort to someone pointing out Robbie Neilson's shite tactics.

Good point, we have been utter dugshite last few matches but I believe Robbies Galacticos are now 5 wins in 23 competitive matches.......................if that was us, Ronaldo would be loading the pistol.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Once again, Robbies shitebag tactics in big games.

Shankland must be absolutely gutted.

Hearts (at best) 7th at the end of today.................

Reveal hidden contents

GIF by MOODMAN

Shitebag tactics? It's almost as if you had this drafted before the game and decided to send it anyway.

We were the better team in the first half today and the tactics worked as well as they could have really. My only criticism is that Celtic had too much space in front of our box in the second half and maybe we should have moved to tighten up the midfield a bit more, but not doing so wasn't a shitebag move. Our defensive frailties were always likely to tell anyway.

As for being 7th, we'll be a maximum of 5 points behind third by the end of the weekend. I think it's critical we don't fall any further behind by the World Cup, but there are some things in our favour. We've played Celtic and Rangers 3 times, Hibs and St Mirren have played them twice and Aberdeen only once. We've only had 3 home games against non-OF teams (winning them all) while Hibs and Aberdeen have had 5 and St Mirren will have had 6 after today. We also have a game in hand on Hibs and Halkett and Rowles are back in training.

Obviously I'd rather have the points on the board and there have been some awful performances recently, but it's been a b*****d of a fixture list and a b*****d of an injury list and we're still in it. Next week at Ross County is huge.

6 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Shitebag tactics? It's almost as if you had this drafted before the game and decided to send it anyway.

We were the better team in the first half today and the tactics worked as well as they could have really. My only criticism is that Celtic had too much space in front of our box in the second half and maybe we should have moved to tighten up the midfield a bit more, but not doing so wasn't a shitebag move. Our defensive frailties were always likely to tell anyway.

As for being 7th, we'll be a maximum of 5 points behind third by the end of the weekend. I think it's critical we don't fall any further behind by the World Cup, but there are some things in our favour. We've played Celtic and Rangers 3 times, Hibs and St Mirren have played them twice and Aberdeen only once. We've only had 3 home games against non-OF teams (winning them all) while Hibs and Aberdeen have had 5 and St Mirren will have had 6 after today. We also have a game in hand on Hibs and Halkett and Rowles are back in training.

Obviously I'd rather have the points on the board and there have been some awful performances recently, but it's been a b*****d of a fixture list and a b*****d of an injury list and we're still in it. Next week at Ross County is huge.

Re the "tactics" bit - I had mentioned early on in the thread that imv he blew it playing that boy from Wigan instead of Shankland from the start.

Its classic Neilson in a bigger match, looking to negate Celtic rather than attack............p.s. our manager is entirely the opposite and look how that worked out for us v Celtic last week.

None of them are perfect, but Neilsons record must be under heavy scrutiny now, as well as that poor wins record, its 11 defeats in 15.

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Re the "tactics" bit - I had mentioned early on in the thread that imv he blew it playing that boy from Wigan instead of Shankland from the start.

Its classic Neilson in a bigger match, looking to negate Celtic rather than attack............p.s. our manager is entirely the opposite and look how that worked out for us v Celtic last week.

None of them are perfect, but Neilsons record must be under heavy scrutiny now, as well as that poor wins record, its 11 defeats in 15.

What are you on about? Humphrys has been our best player for weeks and was playing well today. That's why he played.

As for shitebag tactics, stop slavering. We had a go today and lost because we are fucked defensively and never took our chances, not because we shat anything.

As for Neilson being under scrutiny, that will go a long way in his favour because the fans know we are toiling with injuries but there are still ways to approach games and today showed you can still be competitive. 

So pretty much every one of your points are way off. Good effort.

VAR at the stadium is a shite experience,  takes far too long but hopefully the more they get used the quicker it gets.

No need for 90 seconds after perfectly fine goals to be allowed.

The offside goal at the end was clearly off, why is the check taking so long?

Also, how the f**k did Walsh miss the first penalty anyway? Hopeless. 

And surely Jenz has to get a 2nd booking at the 2nd penalty?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, The_Judge said:
Given the massive gulf in resources I think Hearts have done themselves proud so far.

Hopefully Reo Hatate will have his agent tweet about the atmosphere, then the Hearts fans can go home happy.

At Tynecastle? I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I doubt there was anyone who disagreed with starting Humphrys. He's been our most threatening player in recent games, he's got pace to run in behind and he's better in the press than Shankland. The relative performances of the two in the Fiorentina games showed that Humphrys is the choice in fixtures like this. Obviously Shankland was very handy to have on in a game we ended up getting 2 penalties though.

The recent record is obviously crap but it comes with huge caveats. Half the games were against the Old Firm or in Europe. Some were post-split last season when we were playing the reserves ahead of the cup final.

Against non-OF Scottish teams this season it's P9, W4, D2 L3 - really not that bad. With either of Halkett or Rowles available it's P4 W3 D1 L0. He's also not responsible for some of the ridiculous misses at 0-0 v Killie and Aberdeen. When you look beyond the headline numbers it isn't close to sacking territory.

The defining f**k-up this season so far was not signing another defender and it's led to some predictable embarrassments when we've played superior opposition. Whether that's down to Neilson, Savage, or a bit of both, I don't know. Even then, any team outside the OF is going to struggle when you take away the two first choice CBs for this length of time (not to mention plenty of others).

If we still can't buy a win in the coming weeks when the fixture list gets a bit kinder then fair enough, but his job is rightly safe for now.