Killie v County - Basement Battle (22/10/22)

27 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Who is Harmon? And did his granda teach me chemistry? 

Back up left back.  Signed from Oxford City for a fee.  Very wee. 

edit: a goal down means game over. They have no goals in that team. 

Edited by Savage Henry

Armstrong coming in off the right and enjoying his football. I liked Armstrong at County and he was released before he really got his chance to make a mark on the team. Considering that County play with two sitting midfielders, I don't get how he has the space to do that as much as he does. The space between County's lines in the formation is massive. The more I see of the team this season I do wonder what's going on with coaching the shape.

McInroy should have made it two. Cracking player though. He was solid in Dingwall but looks better in this system. Killie have it sussed, just like everyone else since August: double up on Owura Edwards and County are going nowhere. The only glimpse of hope is how well Harmon is shaping his crosses when Edwards pulls players away from Killie's right-back zone.

County's central midfielders are imposters at times. Dhanda is County's best player by miles and anything remotely decent by them goes through him, but when the other midfielders pass backwards and the back four hoof it, what chance does he have in this team. Would Loturi really be less productive than Cancola at this stage?

Hiwula deserved a booking for shitting it out of the first-time shot from a cut-back, every bit as much for the dive after taking too many touches.

County are poor. Not completely rotten but not good enough to create enough chances. If Killie don't see this out they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

Edited by bunglebonce

37 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Who is Harmon? And did his granda teach me chemistry? 

Mr. Harmon, christ that's a blast from the past.

Astro turf shoulda had a yellow card for that challenge on Callaghan 1st half !!

Still, that's been a good weeks work from the Killie squad. When it finally all clicks, someone is gonna be on the end of an absolute pumping.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Armstrong coming in off the right and enjoying his football. I liked Armstrong at County and he was released before he really got his chance to make a mark on the team. Considering that County play with two sitting midfielders, I don't get how he has the space to do that as much as he does. The space between County's lines in the formation is massive. The more I see of the team this season I do wonder what's going on with coaching the shape.

McInroy should have made it two. Cracking player though. He was solid in Dingwall but looks better in this system. Killie have it sussed, just like everyone else since August: double up on Owura Edwards and County are going nowhere. The only glimpse of hope is how well Harmon is shaping his crosses when Edwards pulls players away from Killie's right-back zone.

County's central midfielders are imposters at times. Dhanda is County's best player by miles and anything remotely decent by them goes through him, but when the other midfielders pass backwards and the back four hoof it, what chance does he have in this team. Would Loturi really be less productive than Cancola at this stage?

Hiwula deserved a booking for shitting it out of the first-time shot from a cut-back, every bit as much for the dive after taking too many touches.

County are poor. Not completely rotten but not good enough to create enough chances. If Killie don't see this out they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

Tbf he was marmite anytime he got a game last season in the Championship.

All the one on one sessions he's getting from Chris Burke after normal training and the extra time allowed on the ball in the top flight seem to be paying dividends as his confidence is sky high at present. 

He's a smashing wee player who's changed a lot of our fans opinion on him.

Edited by C4mmy31

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Astro turf shoulda had a yellow card for that challenge on Callaghan 1st half !!

Still, that's been a good weeks work from the Killie squad. When it finally all clicks, someone is gonna be on the end of an absolute pumping.

If you were going to pump anyone, it would have been us today.

Can't really add much more that hasn't already been said in BB's post. Our midfield is shit and if punting it up the park doesn't work then we're out of ideas. Second half was better, but we for whatever reason we reverted back to type after a promising 10-15 minutes where we created a couple of chances. So frustrating watching County at the moment.

Decent performance, great result. McInnes made the correct subs this time and McKenzie did what McKenzie does when he came on.

County are ‘industrial’ in their play but have decent options in attack.

One more comment, McKay must be the most unlikeable, obnoxious character in Scottish football at the minute, his behaviour on the touch line throughout the game was pathetic.

Good win and respect to the seventy odd County fans who travelled.

Nothing will change if the manager doesn’t, and we all know it won’t. It’s too much of an old pals act. Even if it were to change in the dugout, it would be Cowie who’d get it. He’d play the exact same way and nothing would change. I think this team is every bit as bad as Owen Coyle’s side and any team that finishes below us must be absolute murder. A decent team would’ve put 3/4 past us today - we look confused and disjointed. Ultimately, the players aren’t good enough and that’s the bottom line.

Also, where the f**k has Dhanda been the last few weeks. The only not scared to get on the ball, graft like f**k to win it back. Anything decent we do (albeit, very little) comes through him.

Facebook County fans doing the "County were the better side, trust in Malky" pish already.

Seriously, what do those fuds feed themselves? At what point in that match did we ever look like the better side? We came out for about 5 minutes in the second half with a bit of urgency because they probably got a beasting at half time - other than that they were outthought and outfought.