Killie v County - Basement Battle (22/10/22)

An absolute eye-sore awaits as 10th faces 12th in the Cinch Premiership. The Staggies have been brutal since our first game of the season, with a smash and grab away at Livi masking what has been a very poor first quarter of the season. Killie sit on the same points as County, however by all accounts the “Killie Boys (up to their knees in Ayr blood)” seem to be on an upward curve and definitely go into this game favourites. I don’t think this is going to be one for the purists, but I’d like to see a team that can maintain a string of 5/6 passes this week instead of shelling the ball into the channel for Jordan White to maraud towards. Why not line up something like this…

Laidlaw

Johnson(Watson)-Baldwin-Iacovitti-Harmon(Johnson)

Tillson-Cancola

Sims-Dhanda-Owura

Hiwula

There is absolutely no way on gods Green earth that will be the team selected. With Purrington injured, Harmon is expected back soon but if he’s not yet available then I’d expect the bracketed back 4. I think Tillson and Cancola are our best two holding midfielders, hence pick themselves. Going forward is where things get a bit debatable. I think each of our wingers are at their best when cutting inside so I’d like to see a left footer start on the right hand side and Sims fits that bill, whilst Owura was great last week in the first half against United. I thought Callachan probably had his best game last week, and there’s no way he won’t start on Saturday, but I’d like to see Dhanda from the start because every time he comes on he dictates the game and I think he’s technically the best we can offer. As I said on the County thread, I think Hiwula is the best of a bad bunch when it comes to our forward line and I reckon he will get the nod on Saturday.

I think this will be a meaty game which seems to suit us to be honest. I think it’s imperative we don’t lose this game, and halt Killie’s attempt at detaching from the glob of shite at the bottom. Hopefully 2-0 Staggies. Have a good day all.

I generally think we are better without the ball right now, so maybe the plan will be to lure Killie onto us and counter with the wingers/Owura. We'll still let in at least one.

1-1.

53 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I generally think we are better without the ball right now, so maybe the plan will be to lure Killie onto us and counter with the wingers/Owura. We'll still let in at least one.

1-1.

Your team will, I assure you, lose more than 1.

A Killie win

KTID

17 hours ago, KTID26 said:

Your team will, I assure you, lose more than 1.

A Killie win

KTID

Oli Shaw to turn into prime Gerd Muller, then.

16 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

I hope somecunt does Callachan in the first few minutes. Breaks his willy off with their studs. Yella card.

If we have the same ref as last time we could literally decapitate Callaghan and it would go down as a yellow card.

"

Colin Steven is the man in the middle for the clash in Ayrshire.

The assistant referees will be Craig Ferguson and Steven Traynor, whilst Scott Lambie will be the fourth official.

VAR is also being introduced for the first time this weekend - Don Robertson and Daniel McFarlane are the men behind the screens."

That group does not inspire me with confidence.