Arbroath Vs Hamilton

41 minutes ago, keptie said:

You just don't get it do you how a 37 year old needs to be managed properly to get the best out of him. It's not mental gymnastics it's common sense.

I wonder how Bobby feels…… I am guessing he doesn’t get it either

eta - the mental gymnastics thing in response to the part where EL said we played the same team every week last year and got injuries because we did that, when we barely had any injuries over the course of last season. We’ve had much more problems with injuries already this season and teams changed near enough every week 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

eta - the mental gymnastics thing in response to the part where EL said we played the same team every week last year and got injuries because we did that, when we barely had any injuries over the course of last season. We’ve had much more problems with injuries already this season and teams changed near enough every week 

Oh aye Bobby would say i want to play 90 minutes every game but so would every player. We'll just agree to disagree on this.

Edited by keptie

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How is it too late? If he looks like that then you can understandably take him off????? 😂

And we barely had any injuries last season???? 

What is this mental gymnastics I’m reading that’s lead you to this conclusion

Barely any serious injuries, but surely you have to admit that by the end, we looked like we were running on fumes at times?

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye right enough.........come to think of it, you don't see too many players getting subbed off then thanking the manager for looking after their welfare 🤔

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah, he might no like it, but he is long enough in the tooth to get it

Edited by ecto

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where is your evidence that he’s clearly running out of steam? He’s been our best attacking player by a million miles this season

Just to clarify - I meant running out of steam in a game (not overall)..   He starts and plays 60 minutes as lively as anybody on the pitch and I’d like to see that maintained.   Have you checked the interview with Pink after the game?  For all that, we still need better back up to replace him for the remaining minutes.

On 26/10/2022 at 18:41, farflung lichtie said:

Makes me despair of these fans then.  Bobby Linn is a great asset but there is little to be gained from playing him excessive minutes.  My own view is he maybe needs to be taken off a little earlier since he is clearly running out of steam (tho the hope remains he can create one last chance). .  Above all, we need to keep him fit for the next game rather than burning him out and greatly exacerbating the risk of injury.  As Pink said in his recent interview, Bobby is 37 so game time needs to be carefully managed.  It’s a long season so fans need to get real

Why would you despair at Red Lichtie fans wanting Bobby Linn NOT to be subbed when he plays well and does not look knackered (which you can tell with his reaction when he does get subbed)?

YES we need to manage him like Pink has said but it looks like a "GIVEN" that Bobby gets subbed EVERY game regardless how he feels or what the score is at the time PLUS i think more of the reason for my reaction and AFC fans around me was who replaced him, i am sorry to say but Corfe to replace Bobby gives me absolute zero hope whereas bringing on the likes of Shanks for Bobby at least gives you energy and also an attacking threat. 

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

17 hours ago, ecto said:

but he is long enough in the tooth to get it

Hmmmmmmmmmmm…. I really don’t think so

Taking him off for the last 30 minutes on a Saturday we are getting beat by Cove so he is fit for a game 7 days later, after he’s done 70 miles at his work, 2 football training sessions (bounce games a lot of the time) and 2 boxing training sessions 

Give me a break man

Edited by 1320Lichtie

The way I see the Linn situation is - if we had a couple of better attacking options and were sitting on 6-10 more points than we are at present then, yes give him 45 minutes or an hour then sub him or bring him on. As he can be so influential, keeping him as fresh as possible for the entire season would be a great idea.

However, as it is, I would play him every minute he’s fit to play as he could literally be the difference between us being cut adrift at the bottom or at least keeping in touch until the window.

Edited by Tattie36

18 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm…. I really don’t think so

Taking him off for the last 30 minutes on a Saturday we are getting beat by Cove so he is fit for a game 7 days later, after he’s done 70 miles at his work, 2 football training sessions (bounce games a lot of the time) and 2 boxing training sessions 

Give me a break man

Of course, most of us have no clue how he feels, far too much of a team player