Arbroath Vs Hamilton

5 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

What on earth is scott allan doing with that chance near the end

Think he just tried to pass it into the net. Didn't get a lot of power behind it and the defender was able to get back and clear off the line. 

Don't think he tried anything fancy, just wasn't great execution. 

Edited by DUAFC

Just made a total arse of it and tried to lift it so the defender couldn’t get it I think, it was actually way worse on the highlights than what it seemed from the other end of the park I thought the defender had done well when I initially saw it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Corfe just cannot contribute in any meaningful way he’s not got the physicality to play in this division I would have preferred seeing Shanks too 

Agree with this, i hate having a go at AFC players but i have seen nothing from Corfe to suggest a reason DC signed him (I only sign better players than i have)?

Why he took Bobby off for him was unreal and every fan around me said the same thing.

Agree i would have preferred to have seen young Shanks coming on.

GREAT result with our players being under massive pressure to get a win, WELL DONE LADS.

Was a fantastic performance all round and a huge 3 points, The players would have been under huge pressure to get that win considering how the table was looking and could have went so hence the tense atmosphere and nerves during the game, I always thought we looked in total control though and probably should have won more comfortably by 3-4 in the end, Hilson and Stewart to come back and I think we have enough about us at the moment to battle away until January and get our Striker similar to when Big Jack came in during our 2nd Season, Hammy, Tait, Bobby and Big Scotty Bitsindou were all excellent and for me that was Scotty Allan’s best game, Can’t stop watching the goal, Incredible switch of play by Mikey then that pass just wow, cool composed finish by Bobby 🇱🇻🔥⚽️ Excellent stuff

Btw did any fellow Smokies watch A View From The Terrace on Friday? Dylan Mcgeouch was on and was saying he has been without a club since the start of the season similar to Scotty Allan as they are best mates and it was put to him by the guys why does he not join him and he actually said he had been on the phone to Dick and in talks but is currently still holding out for full time, Could have been a huge signing and maybe still happen in January even if it’s only until end of the season to put himself back in the window 🇱🇻⚽🔥

6 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Why he took Bobby off for him was unreal and every fan around me said the same thing.

I can only guess Bobby going off in most games with 15 or so to go is to protect him from injuries  ??

41 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

I can only guess Bobby going off in most games with 15 or so to go is to protect him from injuries  ??

See when we were winning and it was maybe unlikely we would score again I wasn’t too bothered about Bobby coming off Saturday, if we are desperate for a goal it’s a different story though. Just the fact Corfe come on, he just doesn’t look like he knows where to be or does anything defensively or going forward

On 24/10/2022 at 08:09, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Makes me despair of these fans then.  Bobby Linn is a great asset but there is little to be gained from playing him excessive minutes.  My own view is he maybe needs to be taken off a little earlier since he is clearly running out of steam (tho the hope remains he can create one last chance). .  Above all, we need to keep him fit for the next game rather than burning him out and greatly exacerbating the risk of injury.  As Pink said in his recent interview, Bobby is 37 so game time needs to be carefully managed.  It’s a long season so fans need to get real

11 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

The Bobby Linn sub debate could be quite easily ended by us signing someone who can also play left wing and isn't absolute gubbins 

This, and the fact he's just turned 37

17 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Makes me despair of these fans then.  Bobby Linn is a great asset but there is little to be gained from playing him excessive minutes.  My own view is he maybe needs to be taken off a little earlier since he is clearly running out of steam (tho the hope remains he can create one last chance). .  Above all, we need to keep him fit for the next game rather than burning him out and greatly exacerbating the risk of injury.  As Pink said in his recent interview, Bobby is 37 so game time needs to be carefully managed.  It’s a long season so fans need to get real

First post I’ve disliked in a long time. Let him train less if that’s the case, there are times like Saturday where I understand it and it makes some sense but there are also games like Cove or QP away where we need goals and creativity and we are subbing our main man off that can do that, is an extra 20 minutes of a game of football (it’s not CrossFit ffs) really going to burn Bobby out, a man who does 14 miles a day doing his job, 2 boxing sessions, 2 football training sessions and a game on a Saturday.

Could he really not do an extra 20 minutes when we really need him and then given more of a rest in training? I’ve not seen him look burnt out ever? The only time I did was when he barely played last season, he played unreal in one of his only starts against Partick midweek and then the Saturday after he got a start again against Dunfermline I think and he looked fucked in it and got subbed at half time but that was due to his lack of game time and match fitness it was nothing to do with his age. 

Where is your evidence that he’s clearly running out of steam? He’s been our best attacking player by a million miles this season

Edited by 1320Lichtie

15 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

The Bobby Linn sub debate could be quite easily ended by us signing someone who can also play left wing and isn't absolute gubbins 

This is also true though Dick has not signed a similar player to Bobby in his time at the club. Paterson in the mould but not up to the level. 

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where is your evidence that he’s clearly running out of steam? He’s been our best attacking player by a million miles this season

If he ever looks like he's running out of steam, then its too late.  The point of managing his game time is so he doesnt look like that!

Look at our team last season.  When the pressure was on, Dick didnt want to change a winning team, so our team were running on fumes and carrying wee niggles.

32 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If he ever looks like he's running out of steam, then its too late.  The point of managing his game time is so he doesnt look like that!

Look at our team last season.  When the pressure was on, Dick didnt want to change a winning team, so our team were running on fumes and carrying wee niggles.

How is it too late? If he looks like that then you can understandably take him off????? 😂

And we barely had any injuries last season???? 

What is this mental gymnastics I’m reading that’s lead you to this conclusion

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How is it too late? If he looks like that then you can understandably take him off????? 😂

And we barely had any injuries last season???? 

What is this mental gymnastics I’m reading that’s lead you to this conclusion

You just don't get it do you how a 37 year old needs to be managed properly to get the best out of him. It's not mental gymnastics it's common sense.