Arbroath Vs Hamilton

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Why? Just because you didn’t understand his ability Stan? 

Your blind devotion to certain players and ex-players, whilst having an abject hatred of other players, is actually.....worrying !!

As Tattie36 said, it's all about opinions so thought I'd chip in with mine.

Great to get a win, we really needed it. Great ball from Allen for Bobby to score, but Allen (and others) passed the ball to the opposition too often. Had high hopes for Allen to do well with us, maybe needs a little more time to settle in.

Hammy took a shot from outside the box!! Went over the bar though. Only Lichtie to try that. When Oakley and Bobby broke down the wings there was seldom an Arbroath player in the Accies box to cross to.

Thought Fosu did well, having been put on as a striker at the last moment. Thought Isiaka didn't do so well. He was through near the end of the game with a defender chasing him and he took too long to shoot and the defender caught up with him. Other than that he didn't make an impact, neither did Corfe, although he posed for a photo with a young girl fan when warming up.

Though Tait had a good game, lot of energy and got stuck in. Little, O'Brien, Hammy solid at the back, Gaston was never really troubled.

Off the bottom of the league, hope we can kick on from here.

The real plus for me is the return to solid defence. A glance at the table shows that we have a goals against as good as the pace setters. Goals for is the problem (no shit Sherlock)!
Corfe coming on as sub seemed futile yesterday. Maybe Shanks played wide could work in the last 15. Clutching at straws?

Just now, timlichtie said:

The real plus for me is the return to solid defence. A glance at the table shows that we have a goals against as good as the pace setters. Goals for is the problem (no shit Sherlock)!
Corfe coming on as sub seemed futile yesterday. Maybe Shanks played wide could work in the last 15. Clutching at straws?

Corfe just cannot contribute in any meaningful way he’s not got the physicality to play in this division I would have preferred seeing Shanks too 

59 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

The big lad sitting in front of the back 4 has made a huge difference.

As Tattie36 said, it's all about opinions so thought I'd chip in with mine.
Great to get a win, we really needed it. Great ball from Allen for Bobby to score, but Allen (and others) passed the ball to the opposition too often. Had high hopes for Allen to do well with us, maybe needs a little more time to settle in.
Hammy took a shot from outside the box!! Went over the bar though. Only Lichtie to try that. When Oakley and Bobby broke down the wings there was seldom an Arbroath player in the Accies box to cross to.
Thought Fosu did well, having been put on as a striker at the last moment. Thought Isiaka didn't do so well. He was through near the end of the game with a defender chasing him and he took too long to shoot and the defender caught up with him. Other than that he didn't make an impact, neither did Corfe, although he posed for a photo with a young girl fan when warming up.
Though Tait had a good game, lot of energy and got stuck in. Little, O'Brien, Hammy solid at the back, Gaston was never really troubled.
Off the bottom of the league, hope we can kick on from here.

Agree with all of that. Really.

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I agree Stan. You apologise for taking pish and we will all move on 

Take a read of some of your posts last night, they way you’ve went on at other fans because they hold a differing opinion to you isn’t on, it just doesn’t come across very nice, demanding apologies from folk.

After all, we won. 

The goal looks good seeing it back like that.

Think it’s a case of limping towards Jan and seeing what we can get in then, hopefully we can stay in touch with all around us until then.

For now we can find a way of playing that utilises what we have, I think we all know the deficiencies in our team. 

BBC stats say we had 6 attempts and 1 on target [emoji38] Could easily have scored 3 or 4 although Hamilton could also have got a couple.

Those stats are just wrong. Apart from the goal their keeper saved a header from Bobby and a corner from McKenna that was going in. Then from memory Fosu hit the bar and the post, Bobby and Tait both had shots blocked, Hammy blootered one over the bar, Allan had his chip cleared when he should have scored and Corfe missed a sitter. There could have been more. To be fair their keeper wasn’t very busy.

57 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Those stats are just wrong. Apart from the goal their keeper saved a header from Bobby and a corner from McKenna that was going in. Then from memory Fosu hit the bar and the post, Bobby and Tait both had shots blocked, Hammy blootered one over the bar, Allan had his chip cleared when he should have scored and Corfe missed a sitter. There could have been more. To be fair their keeper wasn’t very busy.

Ach it’s not important as the only stat that matters is the 1-0. Anyone looking at the stats only though might think we were fortunate to win.

We had 3 on target in the first half, 2 headers and the goal, plus 2 off the woodwork and a couple of off target efforts. Second half was quieter but we still had 1 on target (Allen) plus about another 3 or 4 off target.

7 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

What on earth is scott allan doing with that chance near the end

I think he was trying to be a smart arse and kind of Panenka it in. Just needed to get over it and put the laces through it or take a touch and pick his spot.

He was lucky we were winning at the time.

Edited by Tattie36