Arbroath Vs Hamilton

Good result today when you factor in how much pressure the players were under to get a result - not easy playing under that pressure.

Bobby Linn won us a decent amount of corners and took his goal really well - defenders 15 years younger than him were struggling with his speed and ability.

Still room for lots of improvements, but a good 3 points and confidence builder.

So a lot of positives today.  O'Brian was excellent.  I was worried that he might have been carrying an injury or something in recent weeks, but physically, he looked fine, so that's a relief.  Hamilton was motm for me too, excellent game!

Moving forwards, McKenna was buzzing about and played a key role in keeping play moving, linking up with others, and while he wasnt our main man, he was vital to our success.  I was really pleased to see him linking up with Bobby.  Bitsindou was fine, but I'm not sure about Tait.  At times he looks a little rash, a little rough round the edges, and he has a petulant side.  I like his energy, but as 1320lichtie said, he was a million miles per hour.

Up front, Fosu was chucked in, and while he started really well, as the first half went on, he ended up drifting deeper and wider, and for a big guy, was getting pushed around a bit.  I thought Isiaka was better when he came on, and if Allan had made an easy finish from his pass, we could have been on easy street.  Most importantly, he is a forward!  He was in the right places, doing the right things and providing options.  Again, I think he showed enough to deserve more of a chance.  If he'd been starting, with the service from Linn, McKenna etc, Id fancy him over Fosu.

Scott Allan.  I dunno.  He played a few excellent passes, but he also gave the ball away needlessly, wasted opportunities, and at one point, under zero pressure, he slowly and carefully passed the ball 1 metre out of play.  I'm expecting more from him.

As for Corfe, he's had a fair few chances and opportunity, and I think he's not up to it.  Against 10 man Hamilton, with time and space, he did nothing.  He's had a fair few chances now, and he's not shown anything.

One caveat though, this was Hamilton, and they were absolutely woeful today.  They made our attack look like lethal assassins!  Still, we got 10 points, we're in double figures, and the players just came through a must win game!

Without a doubt Allen's pass for the goal was really good, however the miss was a joke and he should of buried it, lost the ball to many times too, but at least he got the assist ans hopefully he can push on,

Back 4 were all solid enough today, expect more dominance from big Scott in midfield tho, thought tait was poor and agree he needs to relax a little,

Fosu was ok for the start but drifted out the game, thought Isiaka done ok snd showed what pace cab do at this level,

Linn was once again our main threat, Corfe again showed he is really not good enough and shouldn't really be at this level,

25 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s not tho is he Stan? As always your talking pish 

Really don’t think this kind of reaction is justified or necessary. Stan and Exile are only stating their opinions, which are just as valid as anyone else’s even if you don’t agree.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Really don’t think this kind of reaction is justified or necessary. Stan and Exile are only stating their opinions, which are just as valid as anyone else’s even if you don’t agree.

Here he is. 

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

You’ve talked nonsense and been found out. As I said…..a champions league slaver. What did you think of Dylan Tait today? Shite??

As I said...

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

but I'm not sure about Tait.  At times he looks a little rash, a little rough round the edges, and he has a petulant side.  I like his energy, but as 1320lichtie said, he was a million miles per hour