Arbroath Vs Hamilton

47 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

What does DC do about Scott Allan? We seem to play better without him in the side. To keep fielding him in the hope that he gets fit and produces a match winning performance is starting to look optimistic.

With all due respect…. Look at how we’ve played when he’s been on the park. Wednesday night a prime example, Cove exactly the same. Wtf is he supposed to do exactly? I feel sorry for him, all the cliches and stereotypes in regards to lower league football and in particular to Arbroath who have been seen as hammer throwers have been absolutely spot on recently he must be wondering wtf he has done there’s no way he can be enjoying this. The one game he played and we did try and play a bit of football he let himself down badly with that moment of madness.

There are far bigger problems to be worrying about right now than this 

48 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Hilson pulls up injured in the warm up, Fosu starts.  Fucking hell!  What is it going to take to give Isiaka a start?

Edited to add.  Doomed.

48 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Hilson pulls up injured in the warm up, Fosu starts.  Fucking hell!  What is it going to take to give Isiaka a start?

Edited to add.  Doomed.

Are you Isiaka’s ma or something? 

That was a good half from us. Played some football. Scott Allan pass there fucking excellent, great finish from Bobby too

Please win this Arbroath 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Are you Isiaka’s ma or something? 

That was a good half from us. Played some football. Scott Allan pass there fucking excellent, great finish from Bobby too

Please win this Arbroath 

I want to see him given a chance!  Not just 5 minutes at the end when we are hanging on.

It was an improvement, but I think that's partly down to how dreadful Accies are.  We have had chances, and we've actually taken the lead in a game, so Im clinging to that optimism!

Edited to add.  Doomed.

Maybe he’s just not very good and can’t be trusted to start, much like Ford and Bakare last season

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I want to see him given a chance!  Not just 5 minutes at the end when we are hanging on.

It was an improvement, but I think that's partly down to how dreadful Accies are.  We have had chances, and we've actually taken the lead in a game, so Im clinging to that optimism!

Aye they’ve not been great but they’re just coming off a win up at Inverness. Every games a tough game. Slagged Arbroath rotten recently but deserve praise after that first half, delighted for Allan and Bobby

Dreading this 45 now

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wasn’t a red for me but the ref has been awful all game, one of them that couldn’t wait to do something like that so a silly challenge 

It was in an area of the pitch and with an Accies player close enough by that calling it a clear goalscoring opportunity is a stretch.

Can't really argue against it, but it was one of those ones where if a yellow is given I don't think Arbroath would feel particularly hard done by.

A pity as I thought we'd started the 2nd half quite well

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It was in an area of the pitch and with an Accies player close enough by that calling it a clear goalscoring opportunity is a stretch.

Can't really argue against it, but it was one of those ones where if a yellow is given I don't think Arbroath would feel particularly hard done by.

A pity as I thought we'd started the 2nd half quite well

You did but for whatever reason I didn’t think you were ever going to score. It felt very familiar to watching ourselves 

Hopefully I’ve not jinxed it 

Great to get the win. I think we can now say Isiaka doesn’t look very good. I though Fosu (playing out of position) did better. Glimpses of what we can get from Scott Allan - great assist. If he could play against 10 men every week… He’s getting there. Hammy or Ricky mom for me, but a good all round performance for a team with no strikers.

4 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Great to get the win. I think we can now say Isiaka doesn’t look very good. I though Fosu (playing out of position) did better. Glimpses of what we can get from Scott Allan - great assist. If he could play against 10 men every week… He’s getting there. Hammy or Ricky mom for me, but a good all round performance for a team with no strikers.

Allan assist came when there were 11 men on the park? Actually think him and the team overall looked poorer after their red, but to be fair when they went down to 10 we also went down to 10 when we put Corfe on 

That pass for the winner was an absolute joke, so good but he had moments where he looked tired and made a mess of things too. Should’ve scored that it was a sitter but I’m no sure how the guy managed to clear it 

Second half we were poor with the ball all over the park. Big Bitsindou great in air but a bit slow on the deck when turning. Tait was a million miles an hour he needs to slow the game down in his head 

Isiaka / Fosu and McKenna basically made nuisances of themselves. Back 4 solid and ToB and Hamilton superb with a few challenges. Never drop them ever. Colin Hamilton my man of the match 

I think it is safe to say we needed that win. Ok performance against a distinctly average Accies team (how did ICT lose to them) in a game in which we actually created chances and deserved the 3 points. Good pass from Allan for the goal but tbh he was poor before that, kept passing to Accies players but hopefully a bit of confidence now for him. Off the bottom hopefully kick on now.

…and to give some credit to Fosu he had one effort miraculously cleared off the line and he hit the bar. In our circumstances maybe he does have a shot at being our centre forward for now.

20 minutes ago, keptie said:

I think it is safe to say we needed that win. Ok performance against a distinctly average Accies team (how did ICT lose to them) in a game in which we actually created chances and deserved the 3 points. Good pass from Allan for the goal but tbh he was poor before that, kept passing to Accies players but hopefully a bit of confidence now for him. Off the bottom hopefully kick on now.

Mate text me saying that it was his only successful through ball that got us our goal like it was a criticism, but that right there is the difference. If he doesn’t try them and plays it safe then we will simply not score goals unless the other team makes a mistake or we score from a corner or a Bobby Linn bit of magic.

We need him to try that and after the second one he made a mess of people reacted angrily but it shows the confidence in the guy to keep trying it and it paid off for us. Overall that was the difference tiday, he is not fully fit and every other midfielder we have would be harder to play against in a physical sense but no other midfielder, Bobby aside, can give us that 

That goal tiday was so satisfying, the only other player that could have played the pass he did was the one who finished it. Bobby is going to have to be a major player for us until January. Fosu battled away well but the runs he makes and positions he finds himself in are not going to get us or himself any goals 

Edited by 1320Lichtie