Arbroath Vs Hamilton

16 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

This season he's been sent off twice, he could have easily been sent off against QP, and what the hell happened for that goal on Wednesday?  We've looked better when we had Hamilton in there.  I watched the stream on Wednesday, and after he sold the goal, the commentators were asking if he was injured.  Maybe he is?  Maybe he isnt 100% right for some reason?

Cove was equally as bad with Hamilton in there (I love him) and that last week was never a sending off and he had a good game. Also the goal on Wednesday the guy run through the middle of Little and ToB, both were waiting on the flag going up against the guy that was off and their midfielder run through the middle of the both of them. And honestly not sure why anyone would want Hancock back in instead of ToB, the thought of that’s giving me a sore head 

There’s definitely something not quite right with ToB so far this season. Uncharacteristic errors and he’s turned into a complete card magnet.
However, a player like him isn’t going to become a bad player over night. He’s obviously not going to be 100% match fit due to his suspensions and injury so he’ll need a bit more game time to get back up to speed.
I would definitely start him tomorrow, if fit, he can always be subbed off if it’s not going well.

The problem with that is, if we go 1-0 down we’ll lose.

9 hours ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Nope. Nothing against Hammy ability but don't think he has the engine to get up and down the park at this level anymore. Constantly get found out on counters on that side which ToB goes over to cover then we have a huge gaps in the middle.

Hancock can get up and down like Oakley on the opposite side. 

Tough choices need 

Hammy's been one of the few successes this season.

Also got, what about 6 goals last season ?

ToB hasn't had the best season, he will admit that, but unless he us actually injured he has to start, Hammy also has to start, ToB Hammy and Ricky would be a good back 3 buy I don't think that would work for us, although I'm unsure what would work, we again have a really unbalanced squad, 

4 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

TOB 5 unreal seasons but drop him as soon as he has 2 dodgy months with suspension/injury. f**k me man. 

Isnt that what you do with injured or badly out of form players?  Give them a bit of a rest?  Nobody is saying he's a bad player, or that we should release him on a free, but he's costing us games right now, and a couple games on the bench wouldnt be the end of the world.

Arbroath fans are doing what we Accies fans normally (justifiably so mostly [emoji23]) do on match threads & telling everyone they are playing so shite the other team will win.

Which points to a home win!
Accies very rarely manage to win 2 games in a row so I would probably take a draw here if you offered me it right now.

Supporters bus being subbed so a near full bus for JP & co along with the others coming by car or train in my case - probably 100-200 of us & hopefully the rain stays aff!!!

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Isnt that what you do with injured or badly out of form players?  Give them a bit of a rest?  Nobody is saying he's a bad player, or that we should release him on a free, but he's costing us games right now, and a couple games on the bench wouldnt be the end of the world.

I'd say the complete opposite. After time out through suspension/injury, the last thing Tam needs is more time out. 

RIGHT, this is probably the Red Lichties BIGGEST game since the Killie away game at the end of last season.

This IS a 6 pointer and could define our season as we need a WIN and to bring back some confidence, a win today could kick start our season a defeat and the heads go down and it will be a struggle after that.

This talk of "happy with a point" at home to our nearest rivals and dropping ToB......FFS get a grip man.

Unless those players were injured Gaston, ToB, Little and Hammy starts EVERY game for me with Stewart and McKenna not far behind them 4 players.

I just want to see us go for it and put Hamilton on the back foot and HAVE A GO AT THEIR GOALS.

If Stewart is injured and McKenna fit this is my starting XI :-

GASTON

OAKLY    LITTLE    TOB    HAMILTON

LINN    BITSINDOU    MCKENNA    ALLAN

HILSON    SHANKS

Feel sorry for Goldie (was actually going to put him in at right back in place of Oakly) and Tait and Jacobs but we need to change it and be more offensive and need more grit and height in central midfield.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, Smokies & Wine, 36-0.

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He's been sent off twice this season, both times when we had a fair amount of game to play.

He was sent off 10 minutes from the end against Ayr, a game in which we were already holding out for a point at that stage, and we went on to get said point. His sending off made no difference to the result.

He was sent off with 30 minutes to go against Hamilton. The penalty made it 1-0, but it would've been 1-0 anyway due to the fact they would've scored if he hadn't made a tremendous save :lol: At the time he was sent off, we hadn't had a shot on goal. We hadn't created any chances, and it was a horrific display all round. His sending off made no difference to the result, we were shite and didn't create anything apart from a Bobby Linn shot right at the death.

His sending offs made no difference to either result. His ability as a defender, captain and distributor of the ball among other things has almost definitely gained us points this season.

He's been sent off twice this season, both times when we had a fair amount of game to play.

One of those occasions was against ourselves. Whether he stayed on the pitch or not you weren’t winning that game. You were lucky to still be in the game at that point tbh.

What does DC do about Scott Allan? We seem to play better without him in the side. To keep fielding him in the hope that he gets fit and produces a match winning performance is starting to look optimistic.

Ask kelty if we can get low back and send scott allan to kelty?

What does DC do about Scott Allan? We seem to play better without him in the side. To keep fielding him in the hope that he gets fit and produces a match winning performance is starting to look optimistic.
Can say the same thing about most of the players at the club these days.

Chopping and changing tactics / selections has led to the side being more unsettled than just generally underperforming.

Need to get back to basics. Same formation. Same tactics. Get the defence some cover and hit fast on the break.