Arbroath Vs Hamilton

I stupidly played my Correct Prediction card, only to be used once per season, for Tuesday's match so I'm afraid I can't do my part to get an Accies victory.

Rankin will likely go with the same team again and the runs in behind Arbroath's FBs worked quite well in the second half of the last game. One caused problems that day and Zanatta's been poor but I wouldn't be starting One any time soon.

Don't think this'll be pretty.

Win or bust. We all know how Accies play - try to snatch a goal then time waste and shit-fest the rest of the game. We cannot go a goal down.

Please start with a striker or strikers and wingers.

Gaston
Oakley Little TOB Hamilton
Stewart Bitsindou Tait Linn/Yasin

Mckenna/Hilson
Hilson/Shanks

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Got the absolute fear for this one. Accies coming off an impressive win in Inverness while we were abysmal last night losing to Raith at Gayfield. 

Id take a point 

f**k off Mr Negative.

Take a point at home v Hamilton. 

Very tricky game but we cant afford to sit back and try and defend our way to victory. Dick wants more creativity.

4-2-3-1
Gaston
Oakley Little ToB Hamilton
Bitsindou Gold
Tait Allan Linn
Shanks

Dont rush Stewart or McKenna back if not fit. Great impact subs if needed.

Shanks is young but is not afraid to try and get a shot off and no point in having him if we are not going to give him a chance.

Bitindou and Gold is only job is to protect the defence and cover Oakley and Hammy if they venture forward.

Tait, Allan and Linn are our best creative players imo. Surely they can string a forward pass between them to the striker.

Even at this early stage of the season this is a 6 POINTER and a MUST WIN game.

Never mind this play safe "happy with a draw" crap if we cannot go out looking for a win at home against Hamilton Accies then we are doomed.

I would deffo have team lined up with Linn/Hilson/Shanks (as they all have a lot of energy to go back if required) up front with McKenna (if fit) supporting from central mid.

And PLEASE tell the players to have a shot at goal from distance if it is on.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES let's do this, Smokies & Wine 36-0

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Very tricky game but we cant afford to sit back and try and defend our way to victory. Dick wants more creativity.

4-2-3-1
Gaston
Oakley Little ToB Hamilton
Bitsindou Gold
Tait Allan Linn
Shanks

Dont rush Stewart or McKenna back if not fit. Great impact subs if needed.

Shanks is young but is not afraid to try and get a shot off and no point in having him if we are not going to give him a chance.

Bitindou and Gold is only job is to protect the defence and cover Oakley and Hammy if they venture forward.

Tait, Allan and Linn are our best creative players imo. Surely they can string a forward pass between them to the striker.

I really like the look of that team 🇱🇻⚽🔥The idea of having Mckenna & Stewart until fully fit & Hilson as impact subs too sounds very appealing especially from an energy and pace perspective, All very direct and would cause any team problems then you can give Kareem a chance depending on how Shanks is doing but he would need at least 20-25 minutes to show us what he can do and then there’s also the possibility of Yasin making his debut and again I would like to see him get enough time to show us what he has got, Jacobs and Hancock for me are great solid backup options for Gold & Hammy imo. Not sure where this leaves Corfe & Fosu though 😳

Because we are badly lacking a target man and somebody who can hold up play and bring others into the game like Noubz, Dowds & Jack did I had the idea of playing Big Scotty Bitsindou uptop, Although not a striker he has shown us he is big, strong, agile and quite comfortable on the ball and I could see him causing a few problems especially at set pieces as he is good in the air. Also he trains with Noubz everyday so maybe he could give him some pointers 🤣 

8 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Teams trying to snatch goals 😮

Yeah, didn’t word it very well. What I mean is that Hamilton are experts at time wasting and protecting a single goal lead. Certainly were against us last season and I’ve read similar from other team’s fans.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that and it’s a part of the game.

The way we’ve been playing this season, we struggle to score against any team, especially when losing, so reckon Accies will be even harder if we go a goal down.

Edited by Tattie36

Gaston 

Oakley

Little

ToB

Hamilton 

Tait 

Bitsindou 

Linn

Allan 

McKenna 

Hilson

For me. Feels like a cup final, I dunno how the players pick themselves up after how drab and pish Wednesday was that must’ve been a long drive home. It’ll be absolutely hilarious if we go for the same team and tactics as we did the other night 

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, didn’t word it very well. What I mean is that Hamilton are experts at time wasting and protecting a single goal lead. Certainly were against us last season and I’ve read similar from other team’s fans.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that and it’s a part of the game.

The way we’ve been playing this season, we struggle to score against any team, especially when losing, so reckon Accies will be even harder if we go a goal down.

I got what you meant of course. I was amused at the wording, the thought of a team daring to score a goal!