Inverness v Raith Rovers

16 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Nonsense. It was a wee bit naughty at worst. The play acting to get a fellow professional sent off is bad shit, hope someone has a serious word with the boy.

Or alternatively.

A. Send him to get a lesson from Toderov on how to go down more effectively (holding your face and screaming).

B. Send him to Kurt Broadfoot and get a lesson on how to react in such a way that you can appear so aggrieved you can grab an opponent by the throat and still not get booked.

Nah on reflection PoF you're quite right! Never a sending off in a million years, his theatrics were nothing short of an embarrassment! Red card? Certainly not! Penalty though? Maybe, aye probably. Although  if Colin Steven had been ref he'd likely have sent him off for simulation.

53 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Or alternatively.

A. Send him to get a lesson from Toderov on how to go down more effectively (holding your face and screaming).

B. Send him to Kurt Broadfoot and get a lesson on how to react in such a way that you can appear so aggrieved you can grab an opponent by the throat and still not get booked.

Nah on reflection PoF you're quite right! Never a sending off in a million years, his theatrics were nothing short of an embarrassment! Red card? Certainly not! Penalty though? Maybe, aye probably. Although  if Colin Steven had been ref he'd likely have sent him off for simulation.

On a weekend when there was a broken leg for an ICT player, this isn't quite up there with the best of looks

1 minute ago, sophia said:

On a weekend when there was a broken leg for an ICT player, this isn't quite up there with the best of looks

Irrelevant, to the conversation.

Robbie Deas is a robust challenger at the best of times, his challenge was full blooded and possibly a little reckless to boot!

No real football fan likes to see a good player getting injured, just as no real football fan can abide cheats.

9 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Robbie Deas is a robust challenger at the best of times, his challenge was full blooded and possibly a little reckless to boot!

No real football fan likes to see a good player getting injured, just as no real football fan can abide cheats.

Making a spectacle of oneself does not a conversation make but if you must persist with victim blaming, you carry on doing your best

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Dunno like, I thought it was fucking hilarious when Josh Meekings stuck his hand up at the ball to stop Celtic scoring in the 2015 Scottish Cup Semi Final.

Opened this thread morning to a hefty bunch of notifications from Rover fans, reading them it was clear that I touched a nerve by having the cheek to mention how little their team has achieved over the last three centuries.

What spurred me was a RR fan having the fuckin gall to describe us as a wee amalgamated highland league team, by his post he was rubbishing all we had achieved in 27 years and that he obviously thought, by his teams 3 century tenure, RR was the better team by entitlement, when in fact Caley had achieved a lot more in a lot less time.

In one notification an RR fan justified his team was better by desperately trawling up some sort of goalscoring record, I thought that Silverware on a National scale and promotion in our short term was the better.

I do understand their reaction, but if fans want to rubbish us they have to expect that the fans on the receiving end will highlight the many failings of that other team..

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

having the cheek to mention how little their team has achieved over the last three centuries.

What spurred me was a RR fan having the fuckin gall to describe us as a wee amalgamated highland league team, by his post he was rubbishing all we had achieved in 27 years and that he obviously thought, by his teams 3 century tenure, RR was the better team by entitlement, when in fact Caley had achieved a lot more in a lot less time.

In one notification an RR fan justified his team was better by desperately trawling up some sort of goalscoring record, I thought that Silverware on a National scale and promotion in our short term was the better.

FFS I was happily ignoring this nonsense but I feel I have to just correct the blatant lack of facts here.

We are a well established team but claiming we've been around for 300 years is pushing it a bit but ignoring that there's still a lot of nonsense in that post.

ICT have won the second tier twice, won one national cup, and have two and a half challenge cups.

Raith have won the second tier six times, won one national cup and have two and a half challenge cups.

Even if you just take the time period in which ICT have been around, we're only one second tier win short of ICT.

ICT have done pretty well in their short history, but to claim they have "achieved a lot more in a lot less time" is blatantly rubbish.

27 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

FFS I was happily ignoring this nonsense but I feel I have to just correct the blatant lack of facts here.

We are a well established team but claiming we've been around for 300 years is pushing it a bit but ignoring that there's still a lot of nonsense in that post.

ICT have won the second tier twice, won one national cup, and have two and a half challenge cups.

Raith have won the second tier six times, won one national cup and have two and a half challenge cups.

Even if you just take the time period in which ICT have been around, we're only one second tier win short of ICT.

ICT have done pretty well in their short history, but to claim they have "achieved a lot more in a lot less time" is blatantly rubbish.

You appear to be equating the League Cup with the Scottish Cup. Unfortunately for Raith, one Scottish Cup win is worth 100 League Cup wins. I don't make the rules; that's just how it is I'm afraid. 

14 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

We are a well established team but claiming we've been around for 300 years is pushing it

Now you're being silly, I said three centruries which is correct, 1880's, 20th Century and now you're in the 21st Century and truth be told there's not much to show for all that time. Being established doesn't win National Trophies as RR have proved. Nor doesn't entitle some of your fans to rubbish younger teams, changes are happening, Cove Rangers, FC Edinburgh, Kelty Hearts and Bonnyrigg Rose among others are all aspiring teams and you have to accept them and not think you are better because you've been around for eleventeen hundred years.

Thanks for your reaction