Week 7

lichtie23

Week 7 kicks off with another unappealing Thursday night match as the 2-4 saints visit the 2-4 Cardinals. At what point do Amazon ask for their money back? 

TNF

Saints @ Cardinals

Sunday Early Games

Giants @ Jaguars

Browns @ Ravens

Buccaneers @ Panthers

Falcons @ Bengals

Lions @ Cowboys

Colts @ Titans

Packers @ Commanders

Sunday Late Games

Jets @ Broncos

Texans @ Raiders

Seahawks @ Chargers

Chiefs @ 49ers 

SNF

Steelers @ Dolphins

BYES - Bills, Rams, Vikings & Eagles

It’s a very poor looking slate of matchups with maybe the Chiefs going to the injury ravaged 49ers the standout of the week? 

Good opportunity for my Giants to better their record to 6-1 in Jacksonville. Will be good seeing Evan Engram dropping passes again 

19 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Week 7 kicks off with another unappealing Thursday night match as the 2-4 saints visit the 2-4 Cardinals. At what point do Amazon ask for their money back? 

TNF

Saints @ Cardinals

Sunday Early Games

Giants @ Jaguars

Browns @ Ravens

Buccaneers @ Panthers

Falcons @ Bengals

Lions @ Cowboys

Colts @ Titans

Packers @ Commanders

Sunday Late Games

Jets @ Broncos

Texans @ Raiders

Seahawks @ Chargers

Chiefs @ 49ers 

SNF

Steelers @ Dolphins

BYES - Bills, Rams, Vikings & Eagles

I would absolutely fcuking love it if Amazon did ask for their money back and the NFL told them they needed to do it online at the NFL website. Then Bezos could sit at a laptop for a month navigating the website trying to find where and how you actually get a refund or return…. Instant Karma’s gonna’ get you.

26 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s a very poor looking slate of matchups with maybe the Chiefs going to the injury ravaged 49ers the standout of the week? 

Good opportunity for my Giants to better their record to 6-1 in Jacksonville. Will be good seeing Evan Engram dropping passes again 

Jags are a confusing team. They look really solid one week, and then completely dugshit the next. I guess that's the nature of a team building something from a completely dysfunctional standing start, but it's still bewildering how they swing from one extreme to the other and back again. 

33 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Jags are a confusing team. They look really solid one week, and then completely dugshit the next. I guess that's the nature of a team building something from a completely dysfunctional standing start, but it's still bewildering how they swing from one extreme to the other and back again. 

By all accounts they looked comfortable against the Colts on Sunday and then chucked it away. There a dangerous team and are some how 3.5 points favourites on Sunday but I’m confident the Giants will go in there and get the W

Looking for a road team dead cert’ - the resurgent Jets at Denver. I actually think Hackett might be axed on the flight home from London, should Denver stink at home against the Jets, and are as inept again at Wembley. Speaking of which, got my Wembley tickets today. In all honesty, the closer the game gets, the worse Denver get, the more I am determined to show my support for the team and wear my jersey and orange & blue ‘up for the cup’ tinfoil rosette. When your team seemingly can’t sink much lower - you hit a wall and think ‘fcuk it’. Any jibes coming my way from other fans, will take it on the chin and front it out. 🏈👍

Let’s ride. 🫣

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Daboll must be massive favourite for coach of the year if he keeps this up.

Bit early to be talking about COTY yet, but yes, Daboll should be in the running even if they just go .500'ish the rest of the way and scrape a WC. That's still a big turnaround considering how dreadful they've been the past few years.

I think Saleh is doing a good job with the Jets, and I also think Arthur Smith is overachieving with a shitey Falcons roster, but those are the only other really impressive jobs for me right now. The others are just 'usual suspects' like Reid and McDermott who are doing exactly what it expected of them. If the Eagles do go something like 15-2 then Sirianni will probably steal it, but that's a long way off, and I don't see the Vikes 5-1 as particularly noteworthy because they've played a pile of shite and got well beaten by the only winning team they've played so far.

Beyond that, the league is just really 'meh' with most of the teams a game or so either side of what you'd expect. Definitely a few strong contenders for 'worst appointment of the year' kicking around though :lol::bag

Edited by Boo Khaki

This is a tough watch as a Saints fan, 3 INTs two went for TDs, can't get a stop on Defence, from 14-6 to 14-28 in the space of 5 minutes! 
ETA - apparently it was actually 1:44 of game time! 
Last time I remember a team scoring 3 TDs so quickly was the Patriots in the butt fumble game.

I think this is a massive game for the Chargers on Sunday. The injuries are really piling up, and it sounds like they are probably going to bring Keenan Allen back earlier than is ideal purely because the receiving and TE corps have been dropping like flies.

I think Seattle is a bigger test than they've had since the Jags debacle, and despite wining three straight, if they play as poorly as they have over the last month I could see them really struggling. They have a bye in week 8, which is a godsend, but after that the schedule toughens up and they play four of their next five on the road, so if this team genuinely is an 'underperforming 4-2' like much of the chatter, then going into the bye 5-2 is pretty much a necessity if they are serious about keeping pace with KC and making the AFC West into a legitimate fight.

If they were to win on Sunday I would begin to tilt towards a grudging respect for being injury decimated, playing like shit, and still grinding out wins, but I can't shake the feeling that the underperformance isn't really about injuries first and foremost. The running game has been pitiful and they clearly haven't solved the defensive calamities of last season, so right at this moment I'm still of the opinion that this is an extremely fortunate bad team. Herbert is clearly nowhere near 100%, but hopefully as the season draws on the injury becomes less of a factor and he returns to being more his usual self. The offense is really hamstrung by having no speed threat at WR, and if TT is to look at any trade prior to the deadline I think he should be looking to address that. 

JC Jackson is in line to start despite his total ineptitude so far in 2022, so if he can't sort his shit out Metcalf could run riot early.

Edited by Boo Khaki