Ayr vs Cove

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Why are we playing for a draw at home against the 8th placed team?

Exactly.  That triple sub was an absolute embarrassment unless there are injuries we don't know about in which case il hold my hands up and admit I'm having a heads gone for no reason. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Subs obviously made with Tuesday in mind. Given Thistle took a pasting it’s not the worst point in the world.

A win on Tuesday gives you 3 points and a win today wouldve also gave us 3 points. If they can’t play 2 90 minutes in 4 days there’s a problem.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Subs obviously made with Tuesday in mind. Given Thistle took a pasting it’s not the worst point in the world.

Only 6 points ahead of 8th at the moment and failed to beat any of the bottom 3 at home.    I was confident before today but fear Tuesday could be brutal. 

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

A win on Tuesday gives you 3 points and a win today wouldve also gave us 3 points. If they can’t play 2 90 minutes in 4 days there’s a problem.

Exactly. 2-2 v a far weaker side with 10 mins left, at home, shooting into the SRE and we settle for a point.  That's horrific.  Cove defence won't have an easier last 10 mins all season. 

First half was a really good game, Ayr had the edge and looked like they were beginning to settle in for a comfortable afternoon just before half time. 
Second half, Cove forced us in to a physical battle we were never going to win, rather than play the ball on the deck around them like we did in the first half, he tried to rush, played long balls and never looked like scoring at all in the second half, we didn’t really look like conceding either.

I think taking a forward off and putting an extra man in midfield may have helped rather than taking both Dipo, Young and Chalmers off at the same time.

Cove played some good football and maybe need a bit more quality up front and they will be ok

Giving Bullen the benefit of “Tuesday in mind” is absolutely nonsense. You don’t play with another game in mind unless you are up by a couple of goals and managing the game… 

Even if he did want to take two of our best players off, at least don’t replace them with the most ineffective stroke partnership imaginable. 

Also - Logan Chalmers is a fanstastic footballer, a joy to watch. 

Absolutely baffled with that triple substitution. At least keep one of the forward two on. Only a few minutes before the change, Akinyemi nearly set up Young with a through ball which was unlucky. I think Chalmers got a wee knock so fair enough he was taken off.

As others have said, overall the first half was a good half for us and I was sure we’d come out and get the win 2nd half. Doesn’t help when we basically gift them the 2nd equaliser. Albinson again pulling off some incredible saves to keep us in it. I’ll end on the officials, absolutely useless beyond belief. 

Frustrating watch. The referee was a particularly frustrating highlight, made one or two baffling decisions.

Chalmers had an excellent game, looked lively and did well to get his shot away that Dipo scored the rebound from. Think it was Chalmers who crossed in the great corner for Kirk to head in our 2nd.

Our Defense and passing seemed a yard off the pace all game. Cove looked physically strong and played some good football. Albinson bailed us out a couple of times with some good saves.

Bullens subs were baffling and if he was thinking of Tuesday night then it's even stranger since we were getting some openings in the 2nd half.

Not sure if we could change the shape of the midfield a bit and play Mullen as an attacking midfielder in front of Dempsey and Murdoch.  I’m presuming Bangala is an absolute dud as Bullen seems to have zero interest in playing him.  The 2nd half felt like the Inverness game with us running out of ideas and playing too many direct balls up to Dipo.

In fairness to Bullen, neither Dipo or Young did anything in the second half and something needed changed.

Mullen Barely touched the ball in the second half because everything was going down the right. I’d have taken Young off for Bangala, tried to win the midfield battles more and then shifted it wide like we did in the first half, then looked at bringing McKenzie and Ashford in.

to bring on JML and then continue to play the ball down the right only was strange

Firstly a highly entertaining game, I expected a win today but have to say that was a 100% better Cove team than the one we played up there the big key for them was the big striker who caused us lots of problems held the ball up well and got them up the park time and again, if he was in our team we would have won that easily. Cove keep that up they will win more than they loose so let’s give some credit to them. We had numerous chances to win it and a poor pass from Dipo when young was clear summed up our finishing, I think that was the reason he was taken off as he looked tired.

on to the Jags now who will have a big reaction after there demolition today could be an interesting game it does not surprise me as I liked the look of Queens despite the heavy loss to us.

In fairness to Bullen, neither Dipo or Young did anything in the second half and something needed changed.
Mullen Barely touched the ball in the second half because everything was going down the right. I’d have taken Young off for Bangala, tried to win the midfield battles more and then shifted it wide like we did in the first half, then looked at bringing McKenzie and Ashford in.
to bring on JML and then continue to play the ball down the right only was strange

Mullen isn’t nearly as effective on the left compared to on the right. He’s all about crossing quickly which he can’t do on the left as he has to switch the ball onto his stronger foot. It’s annoying because Chalmers is arguably at his best on the right as well as he’s more about cutting inside like he did today for the first goal.

I thought that Bangala coming on for Young might’ve been the change as he’s a bit more physical and Cove were winning all the second balls. I can only assume he’s another Ryan Gondoh and Bullen isn’t impressed by him in the slightest.

Really shite that as McKenzie was being subbed on that a few folk in the SRE started giving him pelters. The ref hadn’t even restarted play ffs.