Ayr vs Cove

4 minutes ago, ecocme said:

If he’s fit the only change I’d like to see is Murdy in for Smith (who has done well). I think if we can get a settled 11 for 5-6 games in the trot that would be really beneficial. However Bullen mentioned in his Dundee post match interview that a few players picked up knocks so expect a few changes. I suspect we’ll see McKenzie and Ashford in the starting 11 at the expense of Chalmers and Young. Really need to be taking 3 points from this one IMO. 

On a separate note Inverness seem to be really struggling with injuries at the moment so expect Raith to beat them on Saturday. 

Dropping Chalmers for Ashford, particularly in a game where we may need creativity to open a side up would be hilarious tbh. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Dropping Chalmers for Ashford, particularly in a game where we may need creativity to open a side up would be hilarious tbh. 

Agreed but with Chalmers and young being the first two he took off on Saturday it’s just something I think Bullen might do. Hopefully I’m wrong tho as Chalmers should be starting every game especially as you say when we need creativity in a home game. 

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was probably more confident for that game. You knew it was going to be end to end and wide open for both teams. Suits us better than way. Cove will come down here and stick 10 men behind the ball ...........

The answer is Daire O'Connor: Reference his cross for Dipo's Thunderpeach v Dundee. 

Under Hopkin with his anti Football and a team devoid of confidence and fluidity then we all had every reason to be defeatist and fearing the worst, however our squad has improved dramatically in terms of quality and strength in depth, we create lots of chances, we've possibly got the best / most complete striker in the league and we're pretty solid in every position with perhaps the RB role being our only slight chink in the armour.

We've also played everyone in this league (with the exception of Thistle) and have either held our own or been the better side in almost every single game, so given the basic form and I'm not saying we'll definitely win on Saturday but there's certainly no valid or rational reasons for people "fearing the worst" apart from being born pessimists or just thinking that being Ayr we're bound to screw things up......

21 hours ago, rb123! said:

Could see Houston possibly getting dropped, although McAllister not really an improvement in my eyes, Houston's biggest issue is consistency (or lack of)

McAllister has an ankle injury according to the Ayrshire Post, although doesn't sound like it is serious.

6 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Houston wasn’t great last weekend so I’d drop him no matter what. The ghost can play there I’d give him a go

I think most of us would agree that a RB has to be top of our shopping list for January. The rest of the squad is pretty strong in all areas but I can't help but think that if we had Liam Smith or someone as capable at RB as Paddy Reading is at LB, then it could just be the difference between us being realistic promotion contenders and not.

I don't wish Houston or McAlister any ill will but there's no doubt that RB is the weakness in this side.

Given what I've seen of Bangala so far (given that it's limited) he looks a bit lost / unsure of where he should be playing or what he should be doing and I'm wondering if the language may be a problem ? but I'd even be willing to try Ashford at RB given that he supposedly played there at L2 level in England ?

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think most of us would agree that a RB has to be top of our shopping list for January. The rest of the squad is pretty strong in all areas but I can't help but think that if we had Liam Smith or someone as capable at RB as Paddy Reading is at LB, then it could just be the difference between us being realistic promotion contenders and not.

I don't wish Houston or McAlister any ill will but there's no doubt that RB is the weakness in this side.

Given what I've seen of Bangala so far (given that it's limited) he looks a bit lost / unsure of where he should be playing or what he should be doing and I'm wondering if the language may be a problem ? but I'd even be willing to try Ashford at RB given that he supposedly played there at L2 level in England ?

That would also give an opportunity to really launch attacks down the right but not sure what he’s like defensively 

Ashford played left wing back in England I’m sure. Even then that’s a world away from playing right back.

I think both full backs need to do more tbh. Reading has been good going forward but still switches off defensively. Houston is wildly inconsistent and plays off of pure confidence. Last week won’t have done anything to boost it but I can’t see him being dropped for someone that hasn’t even played half an hour of football yet in his own position.

I don't quite get the negativity for tomorrow.  Pretty confident of a win and a comfortable one at that.

However, a draw or a defeat would be 'very Ayr' in that  we would have had a generally decent start to the season but would have failed to beat any of the bottom 3 at home so there's always that for the pessimists...

On 21/10/2022 at 11:52, ryanayr1987 said:

Houston wasn’t great last weekend so I’d drop him no matter what. The ghost can play there I’d give him a go

If Houston is a confidence player I'd keep him in and give him another shot. When he's on his game he's better than anyone else we have at right back.