Kilmarnock v Dundee United

32 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Surprised theres no thread already. Despite a poor season so far, I'm absolutely buzzing for this one. 

Hoping we start both Alebiosu and Chrisene, and don't go with the Alston/Power/McKenzie trio that lacks any creativity whatsoever. 

the Alston/Power/McKenzie trio

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I think we've found the right system now with the sort of lop-sided 4-3-3/3-5-2 hybrid. The centre-backs we have suit it, with Stokes, Wright and Mayo all able to drift out to the full-back positions, and it really gets the best out of the wingers.

The two wing-backs are great going forward but both struggle defensively, especially Chrisene, so there's no way we can carry both and play our wingers.

I think Alston being back has made a big difference to the midfield in terms of offering more verticality, which was sorely missing up to that point. If he can find his shooting boots then he'd get double figures in that role, but I'm not sure those shooting boots exist.

The biggest issue is that I'm not sure how any of this works without Lafferty, and this is probably going to be his last game for a while.

Forgot this was on tonight: when the draw was announced I envisaged a semi final against one of the Glasgow twins for the winner, and put the match to the back of my mind.

So much so that I had to look up who United beat in the last round. Also looked up entrance prices, and they are reasonable. But can't get excited for this, for a number of reasons, Clancy and plastic being two.

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Pleased that we are looking for continuity in the team. Resting Sibbald fine though.

Also nearly in tears at the thought that Harkes is another step down the pecking order 

Screenshot_20221018_192319_Instagram.jpg

I hope Sibbald is being ‘rested’ rather than dropped for his mistake.