Cumnock Juniors vs Dumbarton

microdave

Outcome?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Yes he is, and for the record who are these match winners?

I thought he would only be suspended automatically for the next league game, but would be free to play in the cup tie? If he'd been sent off for violent conduct, then he would miss the next game, irrespective of competition.

52 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I thought he would only be suspended automatically for the next league game, but would be free to play in the cup tie? If he'd been sent off for violent conduct, then he would miss the next game, irrespective of competition.

I was told he will miss the cup-tie unless there is a successful appeal.

On 18/10/2022 at 16:16, Frank Quitely said:

Yes he is, and for the record who are these match winners?

I don't think he's wrong to say that if our players play well we'll come through this. If the spine performs (Long, Buchanan, Gray, Byrne) then we should win this. I'm not at all confident of that happening though.

Right, Farrell, the following is the team we should use:

Long

Lynas, Carswell, Buchanan, Mcniff

Blair

Orsi, McKee, Gray, McLean

Byrne

No more chopping and changing. If anything, the amount of forwards we have unavailable hopefully forces us back to this anyway.

10 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Right, Farrell, the following is the team we should use:

Long

Lynas, Carswell, Buchanan, Mcniff

Blair

Orsi, McKee, Gray, McLean

Byrne

No more chopping and changing. If anything, the amount of forwards we have unavailable hopefully forces us back to this anyway.

Don't disagree Pete but the team virtually picks itself.  We'll probably have only McGeever, Wylde and Wilson as outfield subs and we better hope everyone stays fit and avoids red.

Anyone heard if we've trained well this week ?

Farrell's insistence on playing long balls is baffling since we're a team that isnt particularly big up front. Byrne leads the line well enough if we play balls for him to run onto, but he's not going to be winning headers very often against big central defenders. We've got 2 out and out wide players in McLean and Orsi, but neither seem able to beat a man. Orsi, because he does the same thing every time, and McLean, because he looks unfit and lacking confidence. We've got a proper deep lying playmaker with a good range of passing in Joe McKee and Finlay Gray, who absolutely loves breaking from midfield and running at folk. We just havent played to our strengths for the past 5-6 weeks and we're struggling. The problem is that Farrell seems like the kind of manager who reverts to type when he's under pressure. So the longer we go looking pedestrian then the more he'll rely on hoofball to try and grind out results rather than actually risk playing more aggresive attacking football.

Horrible game tomorrow. If we win then its expected because of the 2 division gap. If we lose then it's a shock result and we're under a fair bit of pressure. Thats probably disrespectful to Cumnock. The best WoS teams are no mugs and the gap between the likes of Talbot and Pollok and the bottom of League 2 probably isnt that big. There are certainly 5 or 6 sides in the WoS who would be far better than half the teams in the Lowland league.

Was thinking about going. I havent been to Cumnock's ground since I went with my Pollok supporting mate a good few years ago. He spent most of the game shouting abuse  at Ally Semple before being threatened by a pensioner that Semple had friends in the crowd and that he should be careful. Going to depend on the weather, but although its a potential cup upset (which wouldn't really be that much of a shock), I'd much rather get an away game against the likes of Cumnoock in the Scottish than a draw against a team we'll play in the league anyway. Just far more interesting as a fan.

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think he's wrong to say that if our players play well we'll come through this. If the spine performs (Long, Buchanan, Gray, Byrne) then we should win this. I'm not at all confident of that happening though.

You're playing the biggest underperformers at our level. You'll be fine...hopefully.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

You're playing the biggest underperformers at our level. You'll be fine...hopefully.

They'll raise their game for this, huge for them. We're in a lose-lose, essentially. We would need to hump them by about 4 for any Sons fans to think it's any sort of good result. 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

They'll raise their game for this, huge for them. We're in a lose-lose, essentially. We would need to hump them by about 4 for any Sons fans to think it's any sort of good result. 

Not going by this thread. Almost all of your lads seem pessimistic.