Hibs v St Johnstone 21/10/22

Hopefully see a more balanced side for this if either Gallacher or Montgomery is available. Don't think its coincidence that the two games we've struggled in possession this season have been when Brown has been at LWB. Clark back too which can only improve us from the Livingston game too. 

I'd like to see a change in midfield too. Murphy and Crawford aren't getting involved enough in games. Would like to see either Max get another chance after doing well against Celtic whether in the 10 role or pushing Hallberg forward and/or Phillips come in if fit to allow McGowan to give us a least a chance of playing out. A lot depends on who is fit though 

Remi

McGowan Mitchell Considine 

Wright                           Montgomery 

Phillips Max Hallberg 

Clark   May 

Start Spoony over Max/Phillips if fit enough.

In Spain, I wasn't massively popular for watching the Livi game by the pool so unsure I'll see this one!

Edited by nelsjfc

36 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Hopefully see a more balanced side for this if either Gallacher or Montgomery is available. Don't think its coincidence that the two games we've struggled in possession this season have been when Brown has been at LWB. Clark back too which can only improve us from the Livingston game too. 

I'd like to see a change in midfield too. Murphy and Crawford aren't getting involved enough in games. Would like to see either Max get another chance after doing well against Celtic whether in the 10 role or pushing Hallberg forward and/or Phillips come in if fit to allow McGowan to give us a least a chance of playing out. A lot depends on who is fit though 

Remi

McGowan Mitchell Considine 

Wright                           Montgomery 

Phillips Max Hallberg 

Clark   May 

Start Spoony over Max/Phillips if fit enough.

In Spain, I wasn't massively popular for watching the Livi game by the pool so unsure I'll see this one!

I've been keen for extra body in midfield as well for a while. We're second to everything in there and for some reason they don't anything about it. 

Halberg has worked hard enough in there as part of a 2 but it's a two pronged problem that he's not that good defensively and then is wasted offensively as well so hopefully allows him to get into the box more as that's another issue. Not enough threat when the ball arrives in there. 

Gordon's distribution while not the only one recently has been horrendous. If he plays for me we're in trouble due to constantly giving away possession easily.

None of these things will happen though. Same tactics as every other week. Groundhog. 

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

What the f**k’s wrong with the Spanish that they can’t appreciate a good old St Johnstone shitfest.

How wrong we were!

Just after this I had to go to down to reception as room key wasn't working. The guy behind the counter gives me a massive smile and asks if the strip I am wearing is this years. I say its last years and he enquire how on earth he knows about saints. "My dad played for them. I live here now but moved to Scotland when my dad played for Raith Rovers, then Livingston then saints..."

Only bloody Goran Stanic's son! Told him his old man was a cracking left back.

Edited by nelsjfc

4 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

How wrong we were!

Just after this I had to go to down to reception as room key wasn't working. The guy behind the counter gives me a massive smile and asks if the strip I am wearing is this years. I say its last years and he enquire how on earth he knows about saints. "My dad played for them. I live here now but moved to Scotland when my dad played for Raith Rovers, then Livingston then saints..."

Only bloody Goran Stanic's son! Told him his old man was a cracking left back.

Couldn't we just do with a Goran Stanic right now. Playing wise he was brilliant. My bets are he would be a better manager than we have too.

10 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Couldn't we just do with a Goran Stanic right now. Playing wise he was brilliant. My bets are he would be a better manager than we have too.

Stanic was an absolute machine at Lb. That goal v Hamilton was something else.

40 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Stanic was an absolute machine at Lb. That goal v Hamilton was something else.

I missed that goal.

Years of telling him to shoot whenever he was 30 yards from goal before "left footers always score screamers" only to miss the time he done it.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I missed that goal.

Years of telling him to shoot whenever he was 30 yards from goal before "left footers always score screamers" only to miss the time he done it.

We’ve had a habit of left backs scoring absolute worldies as well. Brian Easton’s only goal was outrageous, in fact it mirrors Stanic as it was the only goal he scored for us. 

4 hours ago, Sauzee04 said:

Not really looking forward to the game. St Johnstone will come and park bus like they are playing Real Madrid as usual and kick anything that moves. Hopefully scrape a win. 

We were just discussing in the thread with the Livi fans how this is the cliche post we get from Hibs fans every time we play time. 

If we mention Porteous and his pathetic antics tho there's a meltdown. 

Matthews

Brown - Mitchell - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery

Wright - Hallberg - McGowan - McLennan

Clark

I guess the plan is just camp in our own half and try and hit the channels with the two wingers/Montgomery.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Matthews

Brown - Mitchell - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery

Wright - Hallberg - McGowan - McLennan

Clark

I guess the plan is just camp in our own half and try and hit the channels with the two wingers/Montgomery.

That or Wright behind McLennan and Clark. 

Unbelievably harsh on May though.