Hibs v St Johnstone 21/10/22

13 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Why would they check something like a direct free kick? 

I’m not saying you are wrong I’m just saying why would they? 

Would think they'll check if the keeper is on his line for a pen, and any infringements happening in the box at free kicks.

Funniest part of this evenings Cinch box office?

1. Boyle still diving at every opportunity despite it being the VAR debut game.
  2. Ryan Porteous
  3. Tramway loyal leaving as the 2nd went in. 
  4. The St Johnstone fans throwing the virtual scarf on the P&B pitch prior to scoring 2 and taking the W.

Whichever one you prefer I think we can all agree that was funny as f**k.

😂

1 minute ago, Broughty said:

This VAR is magic. Sure penalty would have been given 100% without.
Thought ref had a pretty good game.
We really stole the win but two good goals.
Can now enjoy my weekend.

Don't think it would have, linesman simply kept flag down til the period of play was over. In pre var days the flag would have been up beforehand.

Good 3 points for St J.

We should have killed that off well before the sending off, but we can't score in a brothel.

In summary, pass the whisky..........

7 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Funniest part of this evenings Cinch box office?

1. Boyle still diving at every opportunity despite it being the VAR debut game.
  2. Ryan Porteous
  3. Tramway loyal leaving as the 2nd went in. 
  4. The St Johnstone fans throwing the virtual scarf on the P&B pitch prior to scoring 2 and taking the W.

Whichever one you prefer I think we can all agree that was funny as f**k.

😂

All very funny

I notice @Zing. the hibs fan disliking posts suggesting porteous may be a little shite. Finding it painful to see the truth im guessing!

Boyle booked for cheating in the first game with VAR. Always going to happen wasnt it

Hibs hibsing it in the most hibs way possible 😁

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Don't think it would have, linesman simply kept flag down til the period of play was over. In pre var days the flag would have been up beforehand.

It’s possible that assistants will now be more likely to flag marginal decisions, knowing there’s the VAR “safety net”. There’s definitely a sense that’s been happening in England at times.  

So it can’t be said for certain that it still wouldn’t have been a penalty without VAR. 

Edited by The Master

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

All very funny

I notice @Zing. the hibs fan disliking posts suggesting porteous may be a little shite. Finding it painful to see the truth im guessing!

Boyle booked for cheating in the first game with VAR. Always going to happen wasnt it

I gave you a red dot because I knew you’d bite you dribbling simpleton. My thoughts on Porteous have been made quite clear tonight. 

8 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

All very funny

How can a Aberdeen fan be the most seething on a Hibs-St.Johnstone thread :lol: