Hibs v St Johnstone 21/10/22

10 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Just responding to a few raging hibs fans.

If you get multiple people having a go at you at once and come back to them when you next login that means raging? Fair enough

I guess almost every poster on here is "raging" constantly

😀

Pointing out the seeth from hibs fans in the posts discussing someone being seething "twat" "dribbling simpleton" etc i thought was fair enough.

Hibs are very funny. Ive never been angry at hibs. They always return to the clubs DNA - hibsing it

You weren't raging.  Definitely not.

1 hour ago, kenrobell said:

See what your saying judging by last seasons average attendances if they dropped to a tenner a game and was full house for -18 games a season they would lose close to six million in revenue

I don't know how many times I've tried explaining this to other football fans.

Half empty stadiums at £25 make more money than full stadiums at £5-10. It's fairly simple stuff.

It would put clubs out of business.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Having expected delays in the game earlier in the year I made sure I got there early but that wasn't possible last night and what an eye-opener into many things.

Shambolic entry system that struggled to read QR codes for many people with very little help or advice being offered to those struggling, other than from fellow fans. Zero communication or engagement from security staff but then the attitude towards them from some fans was embarrassing. Hopefully someone goes into their work next week and swears in their face. Then the Saints supporters who obviously think they are above everyone else and queuing need not apply to them. Arseholes. A mess inside as 1,000 allocated seats sold but folk sitting anywhere. It is what it is but means those coming in 20 minutes after kick-off (did they finally just open the exit door?) couldn't find seats and you have dozens of folk sitting on steps.

The one constant, as always in these situations, is the SLO doing her absolute best, when she no doubt could have been inside watching the game. What an asset to the football club.

As for the game, we were really, really poor for the majority of it. Another display of idiot football that made us easy prey for a hungry Hibernian team.

Game turned on the red for arguably the best player on the pitch and credit to Saints to taking advantage of that, whether it was the players themselves or the man setting his team out to play idiot football.

VAR was bearable. Bit of confusion at the end but maybe didn't seem that way on TV? Nervous obviously when they reviewed the Boyle dive but I suppose it's what VAR is here for.

Only a point off where we were at the winter break last year...

The wait to get in was utterly mental. We got there at twenty past and didn’t move for 10 minutes. Pointed out to the steward other gates and asked about scanning there and got told to f**k off. My pal ended up arguing with one who pushed him back in the queue when he went to step forward. Then when they opened the exit doors letting fans in it just became a free for all. I’ve seen a photo of fans sitting on the stairs too, was that caused by people not having tickets chancing their arm or was it because no one could find their seats on entry and gave up?

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The wait to get in was utterly mental. We got there at twenty past and didn’t move for 10 minutes. Pointed out to the steward other gates and asked about scanning there and got told to f**k off. My pal ended up arguing with one who pushed him back in the queue when he went to step forward. Then when they opened the exit doors letting fans in it just became a free for all. I’ve seen a photo of fans sitting on the stairs too, was that caused by people not having tickets chancing their arm or was it because no one could find their seats on entry and gave up?

People gave up and just sat anywhere.  We missed the first 15/20 minutes despite being in the queue at 7pm pretty much on the dot. The fact that the turnstiles were then stopped when the game started could have caused serious, serious issues. I felt for the stewards as it was the idiot safety officer who was actually causing more problems than not. It was getting seriously heated, there were a few folk I had to tell to calm down as I was trying to speak with the stewards rationally. (They weren’t happy about it either for what it’s worth and were only following instruction) 

Yet through it all, the one person who once again comes away with credit, is Bev, who was in an impossible situation yet still managed to help everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

The idiocy pre match by the event officials was only usurped by the antics after the game where a steward was sent to stand in the tunnel and block entry to the concourse which had it's external gates shut. 

Was that why there was a queue leaving? I just put it down to people hanging around after.

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

It may well have been given as a penalty but the assistant put his flag up and Clancy then gave an IDFK (for offside) - so without VAR it would still be offside.

My initial reading of that acronym was "Clancy gave an I Don't Fucking Know".

Decisions of that sort are common in the Championship.

9 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

The idiocy pre match by the event officials was only usurped by the antics after the game where a steward was sent to stand in the tunnel and block entry to the concourse which had it's external gates shut. 

Beat me to it. I have sympathy with some of the stewards tasked with keeping us in. One steward in particular offering people out for trying to leave a football game was bizarre. Shambolic probably doesn’t even cut it..

4 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

6183A6FF-A0D7-4137-B74C-6A8D61804F0E.jpeg

Is that all? That really isn't a lot of no-shows in the family section for a Friday night kickoff. I thought you guys were complaining that the FF lower was nearly empty (I couldn't see it on the night because I sit in the FF Upper).

I don't know how many times I've tried explaining this to other football fans.
Half empty stadiums at £25 make more money than full stadiums at £5-10. It's fairly simple stuff.
It would put clubs out of business.

My argument is not against a review of prices of course by no means can the drop the price to a tenner but I think their scope their to trim it to 25 quid a ticket

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Sounds like St Mirren.

The very reason I now print all my tickets off. Wouldn't read my QR at St Mirren last season off the phone then when they tried to manually scan it, said ticket had already scanned! Thankfully they were very reasonable about it and let me in.

15 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

My argument is not against a review of prices of course by no means can the drop the price to a tenner but I think their scope their to trim it to 25 quid a ticket

£25 a ticket is not affordable for most folk and would stop many going to as many games as I think we’re already starting to see this season with lower away crowds. 

Had to laugh at Hibs’ Christmas ticket so called package deal of £44 for two matches. What in the blue hell do they normally charge for a ticket if that’s meant to be a good deal?

8 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

£25 a ticket is not affordable for most folk and would stop many going to as many games as I think we’re already starting to see this season with lower away crowds. 

Had to laugh at Hibs’ Christmas ticket so called package deal of £44 for two matches. What in the blue hell do they normally charge for a ticket if that’s meant to be a good deal?

Clearly more than £22 - which plenty teams in the Championship charge. From the last week for Raith a seat in the horrible main stand at Cappielow would have cost just that.

6 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

One of them is Livi, the other is Celtic, a Cat A game which is normally ~ £30 a ticket so the overall deal is probably worthwhile at £44.

3 hours ago, true_rover said:

Clearly more than £22 - which plenty teams in the Championship charge. From the last week for Raith a seat in the horrible main stand at Cappielow would have cost just that.

That’s hellish! They should pay you to sit in that main stand, especially if you’re above average height!

1 minute ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

I get what you’re saying but it’s still a lot of money to most eh? Sad times.

FWIW, I dont disagree - when you look at the price in Germany and other places they have some really good sponsor deals and the match tickets are cheap.

We cant just jump to £10 and £5 however - we need to get the cash from elsewhere before we all do that.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

The very reason I now print all my tickets off. Wouldn't read my QR at St Mirren last season off the phone then when they tried to manually scan it, said ticket had already scanned! Thankfully they were very reasonable about it and let me in.

I was in early last week so was fine but I expected the red light on the gate to go green once my code was accepted. It didn’t so I wasn’t sure if I should push the gate…..then had to ask a couple of people behind me to move to get the steward in who then told me I was good to go. I’m sure the person in front of me flashed green but I could be wrong.

Was quite pissed last night so my recollection may be limited, but I generally thought we controlled the game up until taking the big striker off at which point we fell to pieces. 

Essentially not the end of the world, but quite annoying.

Nice atmosphere generally, thought the Saints fans with the drums were good and the halftime violin was a step up from the Opera so fair play.