Hibs v St Johnstone 21/10/22

By the looks of things and the rate tickets are selling at, I suspect the top tier will be full of Hibs fans (or at least close to it) and not be lying empty, hence the refusal.

I looked on Monday morning and the upper wasn’t even open and since then we’ve sold out 2 blocks with a 3rd nearly gone too, suspect the other 2 will open shortly for home fans and there’ll at least be a fair chunk of them sold.

When you consider that the 1000 away tickets sold is probably already more than the population of St Johnstone as a town, I don’t think there is a need to offer them further tickets if I’m being brutally honest. Look, I get it, it’s an occasion that will be talked about for generations to come. Ticket stubs will be proudly displayed in the farmhouses. The day that manager Colin Davidson took his side down to the capital. They couldn’t do it, could they? But at the end of the day, you can’t lock out the hordes of loyal Hibernian fans that I’ve just seen camped outside the ticket office, desperate for a glimpse at Lee Johnson’s swashbuckling side in the flesh. Tickets really are like gold dust for this one. Enjoy it folks!

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

When you consider that the 1000 away tickets sold is probably already more than the population of St Johnstone as a town, I don’t think there is a need to offer them further tickets if I’m being brutally honest. Look, I get it, it’s an occasion that will be talked about for generations to come. Ticket stubs will be proudly displayed in the farmhouses. The day that manager Colin Davidson took his side down to the capital. They couldn’t do it, could they? But at the end of the day, you can’t lock out the hordes of loyal Hibernian fans that I’ve just seen camped outside the ticket office, desperate for a glimpse at Lee Johnson’s swashbuckling side in the flesh. Tickets really are like gold dust for this one. Enjoy it folks!

268705B6-EA45-4486-8BB9-544EA60E7EA9.png.5c0cd56e3414956262ae33301ba095a5.png

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

By the looks of things and the rate tickets are selling at, I suspect the top tier will be full of Hibs fans (or at least close to it) and not be lying empty, hence the refusal.

I looked on Monday morning and the upper wasn’t even open and since then we’ve sold out 2 blocks with a 3rd nearly gone too, suspect the other 2 will open shortly for home fans and there’ll at least be a fair chunk of them sold.

There's only about 500 tickets left now, including the last section which will open tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

It’s going to be the biggest home support we’ve had since the stadium became all seater. 

Considering the amount of iconic games played since the stadium became all seater that is mental :lol: 

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Considering the amount of iconic games played since the stadium became all seater that is mental :lol: 

What’s not iconic about a run-of-the-mill league fixture against some diddy team from Perth?

28 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I see there’s Saints fans buying tickets for the home end. Hibs fans can only dream of such loyal support for a run of the mill league game. #stjohnstonearemassiveeverywherewego

A bit wild registering a fake account just for this match - the upside is that they will be in the area just above the other away fans............................the downside is a lifetime of emails from Hibs commercial dept trying to sell you ballsack shaving equipment and other essentials.

I can understand why St Johnstone are so desperate to make their way to such a prestigious stadium, in such a beautiful their plucky wee club has spent such a small time at the top level and with their form and performance dwindling over the last season or so, it may be one of their last chances to do so before they fade back into mediocrity again.

Hope the Perth lads have a great day out.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He still gets his chance.

I'm looking forward to it!

In fact, I await a Collum handled VAR match between the OF for the level of tears and snotters that'll be on display. That's inclusive of officials, managers, players, and fans, all of which will be whipped up by ignorant media sycophants.

16 hours ago, HibsFan said:

If you told me VAR was being actively sabotaged at this point I'd believe you. :lol:

Take VAR away and Collum would probably have been the 4th official, a position where he can make statements to the referee that are entirely private and are in no way able to be proven visually. We've had Collum claim red card offences only he saw, yet the referee in the middle simply said "You think? Sure, why not.."

Collum involved at any time raises questions, at least with VAR he'll have to work on his excuses and justifications when what he thinks has happened doesn't match reality. A common occurrence from my years of watching him officiate our games.

Edited by Ric

While it means some saints fans will miss out, it is 100% right that Hibs prioritise home fans. Should be the priority for all clubs.

That's twice in 2 years Hibs have done great ticket pricing in games involving saints. Hats off for the initiative. I'd like to think that, in part, the choice of fixture is due to the good offers saints have for visiting families ticket at McD as well as the obvious not cat A opposition. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

That’s all blocks on sale now with not too many tickets left.

I’d be surprised if a sell out wasn’t confirmed today or tomorrow.

Lovely to see, there really is something about a sell out Friday night under the lights, had this game been a Saturday or worse, midweek/Sunday I would view it as totally run of the mill but the Friday night really makes it special.

Over to you Hibs to let us down.