Hibs v St Johnstone 21/10/22

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Normal price at Easter Road (and elsewhere) for a game v Saints = half empty stadium

Charge a tenner and a fiver and it is a near sellout 

Hmmm....

Just to play devils advocate here it would be interesting to see how many people are going as it is a cheap one-off compared to how many would go if the prices were that cheap week in, week out.

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Kevin Clancy

That seems a "safe" option. Someone like Collum would try and run the show, someone like Walsh would let it control the game, Clancy is not immune to shit performances, but if you had to think of an experienced ref that won't have a melt down, it's likely him.

Edit: I see you edited the post to mention other VAR games, and I take the point, but this is the first one and the only one on that day, I think it's a case of "you only get one chance to make a good first impression".

I mean I understand why this was the first one chosen, after all VAR will be tested to extreme thanks to Bryan Porteous.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

What have we done to deserve Clancy 2 weeks in a row? Would of been 3 if he hadn't been changed at the last minute against Celtic.

Saturday was horrific. Up there with the worst I've seen for utter nonsense fouls. 38 free kicks given. The ball was never in play. 

Every single piece of contact where a player went down was a foul, no matter how little the contact was. 

4 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Seems a strange one, unless they're planning to open it up to Hibs fans too? Or perhaps not anticipating enough demand from St Johnstone fans to open a segment of the stadium and the various costs that would entail I suppose. 

Assuming from this the plan is to sell as many tickets as possible to home fans

Honestly been many a year since I registered a ticketing account so I can't really say one way or another but I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to register an account for this and sit with the Hibs fans. Going from past experience Hibs fans in the south are pretty mild given its effectively just walk-ups taking an opportunity rather than die-hards, but all speculation on my behalf. 

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Saints have deleted that tweet - wonder if there’s been another U-turn

I did wonder as well as the entrance to that far end section in the top tier is completely segregated outside the stadium and only accessible from the entrance right next to the bottom tier turnstile I thought?

While it's not the end of the world I just don't see stewarding and policing being cool with it. Fans queuing at that same bit (also will be a mess) and Fans in the tier above... There's always one moron who chucks stuff down as well. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I did wonder as well as the entrance to that far end section in the top tier is completely segregated outside the stadium and only accessible from the entrance right next to the bottom tier turnstile I thought?

While it's not the end of the world I just don't see stewarding and policing being cool with it. Fans queuing at that same bit (also will be a mess) and Fans in the tier above... There's always one moron who chucks stuff down as well. 

We’ve already sold tickets to home fans in section 34 which is where the segregation usually is in the top tier. We also tweeted out less than 1,000 tickets left so it looks like we’re selling the whole top tier to our fans. We aren’t selling the front rows so the fans will be quite far back.

3 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

We’ve already sold tickets to home fans in section 34 which is where the segregation usually is in the top tier. We also tweeted out less than 1,000 tickets left so it looks like we’re selling the whole top tier to our fans. We aren’t selling the front rows so the fans will be quite far back.

Saints wouldn't sell out the whole top two sections I don't think anyway. Maybe 1 of the two but the main thing is as long as it's not sitting empty! That would just be stupid.

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Honestly been many a year since I registered a ticketing account so I can't really say one way or another but I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to register an account for this and sit with the Hibs fans. Going from past experience Hibs fans in the south are pretty mild given its effectively just walk-ups taking an opportunity rather than die-hards, but all speculation on my behalf. 

I've done just that to go to this one. A tenner to witness the first VAR game and be able to moan about it forever? And, as a Hearts supporter, I couldn't miss the cheapest chance to go to ER this year.

I'm in. Great pricing, well done to both clubs.

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why are Hibs refusing Saints fans the top tier? Won't it just sit empty?

I thought they might give you guys the bit above to be honest.

I think they initially thought that they might get rid of a couple of upper sections and give you a couple - but they sold out straight away and hence they just kept opening up each one in turn.

Its a shame for you guys, but I guess we need to look after our fans.