Depths of Wikipedia

ICTChris

This has probably been done before but what are some of the strange Wikipedia pages P&Bers have found themselves reading?

I was inspired to create this thread because I saw it was Seamus Coleman’s birthday today and went to search if he’s still playing for Everton and ended up being directed to this page, about the scandalous treatment of Mitt Romney’s Irish setter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_dog_incident

Please share your Wikipedia oddness on this thread.

Edited by ICTChris

25 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Literally anytime I cannot sleep, I end up going down some sort of Wikipedia rabbithole.

Apparently there is some wacky theory that Barack Obama is a demon.

Aye.

I find myself getting absolutely fascinated by everyday things when I can't sleep. Last night I was reading about Lion Bars. Last week it was also Fairy Liquid (suddenly I was just consumed by how it was invented), Premier Inns (most northern, southern, eastern and western) and the M80 motorway (when different stages of it were completed). 

Google Maps is my other one. Following roads from start to finish, going to random streets in random towns for a look around. I even followed the River Clyde for its full length during one especially poor night.

A psychologist would have a field day with me. But it's good to know I now have a special thread for putting all my Wikipedia adventures in.

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye.

I find myself getting absolutely fascinated by everyday things when I can't sleep. Last night I was reading about Lion Bars. Last week it was also Fairy Liquid (suddenly I was just consumed by how it was invented), Premier Inns (most northern, southern, eastern and western) and the M80 motorway (when different stages of it were completed). 

Google Maps is my other one. Following roads from start to finish, going to random streets in random towns for a look around. I even followed the River Clyde for its full length during one especially poor night.

A psychologist would have a field day with me. But it's good to know I now have a special thread for putting all my Wikipedia adventures in.

Maps and street view. I could take you to places I've never been.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

It was about a train station IIRC - posted by a St Mirren or Morton fan I think

Can anyone help me out here?

Nacho King

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2012/03/march-1-2006-english-wikipedias-millionth-entry-pulls-into-the-station/amp