Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Vs Queens Park ⚪️⚫️ 22 October

7 hours ago, Hamilton FPS said:

Malachi Boateng is going to be a star. Was simply outstanding in the second half. Far, far more impressed with his performance than I ever was with James McCarthy or MacArthur at a similar level. He'll go very far in the game. Same club he'll go back to.

He's one of the most talented young players you'll ever see at this level. A case could be made for him being man of the match just about every single week, I don't think I can remember him ever putting a foot wrong. As unlikely as it is, we should be doing absolutely everything we can to sign him permanently.

Four goals and heaps of sexy soccer but let's give credit to the defence. They defended like Ayr did a couple of weeks ago with so much success. Flinging themselves in front of shots and keeping the Thistle forwards in check. They've taken stick, and justifiably so, but yesterday was a good day at the office for them.

5 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

You might need headphones to pick it up, but at 2:59 you can hear a Thistle fan saying, "Robson couldn't kick his own arse when he was here, and he's scored against us twice this season". Get it all the way round ye.

There are quite a few entertaining comments from people sitting near the camera.  I think my favourite is the dejected "aw naw " as soon as Eze's head connects with the ball for the second goal.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

There are quite a few entertaining comments from people sitting near the camera.  I think my favourite is the dejected "aw naw " as soon as Eze's head connects with the ball for the second goal.

image.png.09a6dfb44b628064028f6ab47b4a8c4d.png

Interesting from a Jags perspective that tissues (barring customary gift from a corner) were that central defence play didn't contribute directly to goals. More a lack of bite and pressing in midfield coupled with sloppy play at full back. Not sure keeper could do much with goals either.

A good day at the office for Queens. 

McCall needs to focus on lifting the morale for Tuesday. 

Thinking back and watching the highlights, QP started way better than us for the first 15 minutes or so but we grew into it a bit more. Fucking the penalty didnt help (lawless on them from now is my shout but tbh whoevers on them will feel the hoodoo on their shoulders) but we did keep pressing for a goal. Carved open too easily for the opener.

played ok after that but QP kept getting blocks in on any crosses/shots whenever we got forward. Graham just fell over a lot and Eze looked comfortable against him, tiffoney overran the ball a couple of times going forward, lawless tried but generally at best just won us corners that QP dealt with comfortably.

The second goal was about as bad as i remembered, but Christ, i forgot how avoidable the corner for the second goal was...

Left at 2-0 as have seen enough thistle games like that over the years to know the ball was burst. Mcpakes were well taken on the highlights but the scrambling to clear at the third looked poor from us, had a few chances to get rid more convincingly.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Biggest takeaway for me yesterday was there’s a squad there that will continue to improve and if Coyle gets the mix right for each game, we can beat anyone in this league. The difference on confidence for some individuals was huge when we went two goals up. Players hoofing it clear in the first half, suddenly slide-rule passing to feet. Maybe the confidence thing being consistent is all we’re really short of at the moment.

Goals and winning do a lot for the soul of course and 4-0 away to the champions elect is as good as it gets. Watching back the highlights, the Thistle defence were very gracious with their lack of attention but nevertheless, our boys made the most of it. And whatever tinkering has to be done with the defence and/or attack to counter opponents each week, we are really gifted to have Lachie (time he was honoured with a Scottish name) Boateng and Jack Thomson in the engine room. Superb again from both yesterday. 

Congrats to everyone involved yesterday, including the IBF for standing strong against the half-blind steward who spotted 20 guys in our section standing but missed about 600 Thistle fans standing in the JL stand. Set the tone for the day💪🏁

7 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Oh dear! Another deluded Thistle fan who can't see past his own nose to notice McCall ineptitude.

See, funny thing is, I never mentioned McCall. You did.

Being one point off top with a game in hand is a sign of ineptitude? Sound mate.

Picked their pocket in the first half. If they score the penalty, the whole dynamic shifts and they probably win the game comfortably. Took our chance when it came, defended brilliantly and rode our luck a wee bit.

Second half performance was phenomenal. Next goal was always going to be crucial and we took it again. From there on in, we could have scored even more than we did. Played with a real purpose and swagger. The “oles” at the end capping off an absolutely delicious afternoon of association football.

An unbelievable result against what I’d consider the favourites to win the league. We had to weather a bit of pressure first half and there’s no doubt it would’ve been a different game had thistle scored the penalty, however we defended our box brilliantly which was pleasantly surprising. Eze was fantastic yesterday and I just hope he can become consistent with those performances because we’ve seen against Arbroath, Raith and Thistle that he can be effective. 

You couldn’t really fault anyone in their performance yesterday but I can’t speak highly enough of Jack Thomson nowadays. He could genuinely be a contender for our player of the year so far. He’s got everything. Pace, power, energy, strong in the tackle and he’s a threat going forward. He’s on 3 year deal for good reason now and at 22 years old, I wouldn’t bet against a team paying money for him if keeps these performances up for the rest of the season. Night and day from last season, he’s kicked on so much 

Dom Thomas is also a sheer joy to watch. Ripped apart a very decent left back in Milne inside and out. One of the most entertaining players I’ve seen at QP

Edited by qpfc

Particks penalty was one of those - you're screaming for it if ots for you and raging if it's against you. 

Poor goalkeeping for the opening goal but never had a chance with the others. Some header and the 4th was a beauty.

Like the look of QP #42. Weighting on his passes is great and he's never looking to go steaming in, always composed even while defending. Who is he?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Like the look of QP #42. Weighting on his passes is great and he's never looking to go steaming in, always composed even while defending. Who is he?

Malachi Boateng, on loan from Crystal Palace. Gets the basics right every single time, and like you say keeps his cool even when put under pressure, which is even more impressive when you consider the fact that he only recently turned 20. At this rate he's definitely going to be in the mix for our player of the year come the end of the season.

On 20/10/2022 at 16:04, Raith_Raver said:

The real Glasgow derby. 'Mon the Spiders!

Well done QP. Watched the highlights: thought Thistle were the better team to start with and should have been ahead, but never a penalty IMO - and a booking for the defender! - WTF.  Never a 4-0 game but glad the Spiders won. Hope we give Thistle a doing next week.

As for us, sorry we couldn't beat that Highland mob, we had 23 shots to their 3 and could still only draw - thaht's how it always goes for us against them.

16 hours ago, Hamilton FPS said:

Malachi Boateng is going to be a star. Was simply outstanding in the second half. Far, far more impressed with his performance than I ever was with James McCarthy or MacArthur at a similar level. He'll go very far in the game. Same club he'll go back to.

Thought he was MOTM yesterday. Very calm in possession and always made the right decision. Looks like an excellent player.

8 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Eze looked absolutely dreadful in the first half any time the ball was on the deck but he breezed it in the second half. Absolutely no surprise he scored a header from a corner.

Fair play to QP, took advantage of our most inept performance this season so far and were deserved victors . No excuses made for our injuries ,we should be performing better than that and hope this is our season’s nadir and we kick up gear or two from now on in .

Edited by I Clavdivs