Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Vs Queens Park ⚪️⚫️ 22 October

Just like Dougie Imrie did last season, it appears that Owen Coyle has Ian McCall’s number. QP had a very clear plan and executed it well; and whilst it probably wasn’t a 4-0 type of game, nobody in their right mind could deny QP deserved the 3 points today.

That’s twice in the space of a week that McCall had shown he is tactically inflexible, and with Tiffoney presumably now joining Holt on the shelf for a while, things aren’t looking great at all for us.

The only silver lining from a Jags perspective is that this league as a whole is utter shite, and with everyone taking points off each other and nobody (QP aside) really capitalising on this result, we’re still right in the mix at the top.

That was a thing of beauty today. Taking the absolute piss at the end.

What a result on the road, that felt like home, but not this seasons home. It’s all very confusing. 

No confusion as to who runs Glasgow however. Absolutely pumped.

Jack Thomson is honestly becoming my hero. The development in one year is unreal. McPake can be a hit or a miss but the first half assist and goals were Sue Perb. 

Defence looks mental but no doubting the desire, resilience and battle. Doing everything to keep a clean sheet today. 

No fear for Dundee now. I thought Partick would skelp us today so let’s have it.

That was an absolute riding.  Queens started the better, but then seemed to retreat a fair bit for about 10 minutes.  However, all we could manage was booting the ball directly at anyone in black and white, so not too much of a threat.  Even when handed a penalty, we still f**k it up.  But once Queens got that bit of luck, only ever going to be one winner as we put in an absolutely breathtakingly bad performance.  Really quite something.  I don't think even a single thing we tried went right, summed up by two things at the end - shinning what was a hopeful cross straight to them for their 4th, and that fresh air shot we had.  

Was Tiffoney feeling some kind of injury in the first half?  There were a few occasions where he seemed to not be interested in doing much at all, shiting out of 60/40 balls he really should have been going for.  But then would turn it back on randomly and look like something approaching what he's capable of.  Weird to send him out for the 2nd if he was feeling it though, given he lasted what seemed to be about 30 seconds.  

40 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Seems the inept little jobby has sorted his strike force after last seasons woeful finishing yet this season has neglected his defence and was pinning his hopes on getting Shaughnessey from St Mirren 😂 

Just when you thought the day couldn't get worse this c**t resurfaces. 

4 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Time is up I MAC.

Aye, sack the manager after our first home defeat when we're one point off the top with a game in hand. Your loathing of McCall since day one seems quite irrational. Did he shite in your shoe or something? 

Much better.  A bit of luck with the penalty, and we did well to survive a period of pressure in the first half, but was cigars out after the third as Thistle lost all shape and composure.

Encouraged with Eze and McPake showing us what they are capable of.  What a baffling league this is! it may be there is nothing between the top five or six all season, and decent quality and depth of our squad could make a difference in keeping us up there.

Malachi Boateng is going to be a star. Was simply outstanding in the second half. Far, far more impressed with his performance than I ever was with James McCarthy or MacArthur at a similar level. He'll go very far in the game. Same club he'll go back to.

Strange game. Thistle were the better side in the first half, could've got a goal or two, second half queen's were brilliantly efficient. As a thistle fan, it's one of those games.

However, thistle are so over reliant on Tiff it's unreal, we offer very little without his ability to take a man on, very little pace in the side without him. When he went off early doors in the second half it was game over.

Might be controversial but I agree that Brian Graham is a horrible footballer, not for the reasons previously mentioned, but my god if he didn't know how to use a body part to defect a ball into the goal from 6 yards he'd be playing at amateur level. His link up play, hold up play is utterly abysmal. Literally can't make a 5 yard pass 8/10 times

Edited by Hamilton FPS